G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of what I see, I think TM g36c is only g36 that I can total put my trust in knowing that it would last and fire.

From what I see niether CA or STAR is promising a totally reliable g36, because I always see a problem with them. CA is most disappointing of all mounting only a longer barrel, carry handle, and longer foregrip. STAR did go further by a bit by creating quick spring change, metal cocking handle, and creating dual optic(though not that great).

CA36c is obviously a copy of the TM which is why its the only reliable g36 CAs got.

CA has been producing AEGs for a while and having a CA36 that dies after a hicap is not excusable. STAR is a bit more acceptable since they have not been in the AEG market as long as CA or STAR.

TM should see that there is still a chance for them to succeed, if they would only make a g36 and g36k

Edited by nightfire6
Out of what I see, I think TM g36c is only g36 that I can total put my trust in knowing that it would last and fire.

100% agree. that's why i have 3 TM G36C, first one converted it to G36/MG36 for woodland, bought the second one and leave it alone for CQB, bought the third one for display and converted it to G36K. :D

here is my CA36K.

i have the normal scope handle, but here are some pics with the G36c rail. i also have the KV stock, and sold the 'K' stock.

i swap between the 2 handles as and when i feel like it.

DSCN2520.jpg

DSCN2521.jpg

DSCN2522.jpg

DSCN2523.jpg

and for those of you wondering how long the KV stock extends to, wonder no more............

DSCN2525.jpg

cheers. pics with 'The Family' in teh pics of your wepoans thread ;)

Edited by screamin_weasel

From what I see niether CA or STAR is promising a totally reliable g36, because I always see a problem with them. CA is most disappointing of all mounting only a longer barrel, carry handle, and longer foregrip. STAR did go further by a bit by creating quick spring change, metal cocking handle, and creating dual optic(though not that great).

CA36c is obviously a copy of the TM which is why its the only reliable g36 CAs got.

CA has been producing AEGs for a while and having a CA36 that dies after a hicap is not excusable. STAR is a bit more acceptable since they have not been in the AEG market as long as CA or STAR.

TM should see that there is still a chance for them to succeed, if they would only make a g36 and g36k

:blink:

ALL the CA36s are based of the TM G36c, making them all equally reliable. They're the same gun with different bits hanging off them.

here is my CA36K.

i have the normal scope handle, but here are some pics with the G36c rail. i also have the KV stock, and sold the 'K' stock.

i swap between the 2 handles as and when i feel like it.

cheers. pics with 'The Family' in teh pics of your wepoans thread ;)

This is acctually how Im going to make mine except Ill have the dual optics carrying handle.

How many times have you seen a copy be as good as the original? ;)

I didn't mean to say that TM and CA G36s are equally reliable, although I gues sit looks like I did. I meant to say that the 3 CA variants are all equally reliable.

Although, I do think the copy is better, in this case. CA36s blow Marui G36Cs away. I know, I own a TM

I didn't mean to say that TM and CA G36s are equally reliable, although I gues sit looks like I did. I meant to say that the 3 CA variants are all equally reliable.

Although, I do think the copy is better, in this case. CA36s blow Marui G36Cs away. I know, I own a TM

Do you own a CA?

i would have to disagree with you glenn. i have had both g36c's and i would say the CA is pretty reliable, but nothing would make it better than the tm one IMO. the body is nicer, but the fact that most of the conversion kits are made for the TM makes it a better choice IMO.

Do you own a CA?

Not entirely, I've got a CA body kit, and some CA internals in my TM, though.

i would have to disagree with you glenn. i have had both g36c's and i would say the CA is pretty reliable, but nothing would make it better than the tm one IMO. the body is nicer, but the fact that most of the conversion kits are made for the TM makes it a better choice IMO.

To each his own, but I've never met a G36 part that didn't fit TM and CA parts, including parts that retailers, friends, and internet mystery techs told me would not. This includes the STAR SL9 kit, and G&G RAS front ends. Everything from the TM gun swaps onto a CA and vice versa with an ever so slight amount of fitting work, or none at all.

Regardless of what G36 you like best, this is the truth.

Not entirely, I've got a CA body kit, and some CA internals in my TM, though.

To each his own, but I've never met a G36 part that didn't fit TM and CA parts, including parts that retailers, friends, and internet mystery techs told me would not. This includes the STAR SL9 kit, and G&G RAS front ends. Everything from the TM gun swaps onto a CA and vice versa with an ever so slight amount of fitting work, or none at all.

Regardless of what G36 you like best, this is the truth.

right so u cant give an opion that the ca is better.without ownin and using one one a regular basis.

right so u cant give an opion that the ca is better.without ownin and using one one a regular basis.

I can. The CA is better.

I have a lot of experience with the TM (I've owned and upgraded two and I've worked on several others) as well as direct experience with the CA both internally and externally. I now have a CA body wrapped around my my TM internals. I also have an M15 and have worked with stock CA internals quite a bit. I could make a comprehensive list detail just what aspects of each are better if you like (and I feel like it) but for now allow me to summarize.

The CA externals are heads and tails better than the TM. They're the best out of all three and are very close to the realsteel. The outer barrel/gas block assembly is a better design vs the TM as well.

The CA internals are better quality overall. Individually, they're made of better materials than the TM's parts. CA cylinder heads are their weakest component though TM hop up rubber is better in my experience as well. The TM may be more consistently reliable out of the box, but they also shoot a lot slower. And in the end both guns will require work be done to them to get them shooting at a competitive velocity. But, the CA will require fewer parts and work than the TM. By the way I've seen TM guns fail out of the box too. They are not immune to that.

And remember, the second you crack the gearbox and change anything TM's out-of-box reliability goes out the window. It's all your skill and the quality of the parts used, and as I've said the CA's parts are better overall.

This is not to say the TM is bad. I had a TM. A lot of my gun is still TM. It's a great gun. But it will get creaky, it will get even more plasticy looking as it attracts oil like crazy, the markings will wear off, and the internals will not last as long in the end. The CA is a better value. If I were to buy a G36 today it would be a CA36K.

Seriously. I could go out and buy any one of them right now. I have the money. I often think about getting one of Star's and one of CA's for the sake of being able to say I've owned all three in just these situations. However every time I do that I wonder what I'm thinking. Heck, I want an SL9SD something awful. I could just go buy the Star SL9 right now. Instead, I'll be waiting for the CA.

I know I wouldn't be as happy with the Star. And the only reason I continue to be happy with my TM is because I put so much work into it (Though I suppose I can't really call it a TM anymore so much of it has been changed). Before I got my CA body I was thoroughly depressed with how toyish it felt. I thought it was really cool out of the box, but it was my first gun and I guess I outgrew it as I gained more experience and knowledge about other makers products and guns in general. Hey, at least it shot well (thanks to my tuning it right - not TM). Getting the CA body breathed new life into the thing, it made me love it again. There's simply no way that faced with all the G36 options on the market right now I'd buy another TM G36C.

Edited by staticzero

Yes, of course, I don't use any on a regular basis. I just started with a TM, upgrade it to CA status, then beyond, use and upgrade my friends here at school all time.

Honestly, how could you possibly neg rep me and tell me I don't know what I am talking about. My opinionis backed up by my previously stated personal opinion, and agrees with the evidence you seem so grateful for when staticzero posts it.

Please. contribute to the thread, don't just make a rectum out of yourself with useless rep, asinine comments

The blatant superiority of the CA is a frequent topic of discussion, and although others are free to disagree, I cannot be faulted for my opinion on the subject. I use both, I work on both, and I know both. Learn to read, and stop being a troll.

If anyone would mind helping counter some undeserved reputation change, I'd appreciate it. +1

Edited by Glenn