G36 Picture Thread

How, exactly, is full auto an advantage on guns as short and light as those are? Full auto is horrndously inaccurate. The only thing it's useful in American tactical doctrine is for supressing fire, the point of which is to scare the enemy, not kill him (and generally requires that the fire be accurate enough that the enemy doesn't get brave and charge the person laying down the supressing fire). It's the guys that are doing double and triple taps on semi auto that get the kills. And when you're dealing with terrorists, the only thing that matters is getting the kill. Especially given that those terrorists know that their lives are already forfeit, in which case they would be more likely to charge someone spraying on full auto, and more likely to hide among innocents, where full-auto is more likely to kill civies by the truckload.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a cop in the US, my unit is issued full auto shoulder weapons (most carry the M4 with Eotech sights but I have an Aimpoint on mine) but we are not allowed to engage the full auto option without an order or permission. Hence, we have a semiauto capability for most occasions. We do, however, carry fully loaded mags. With my duty pistol and M4 I am burdened down with 150 rds of .223 and 37 rounds of .45 . Sometimes more.

FYI, I have never been authorized yet to go full auto nor have I, as a lieutenant, authorized anyone to do so. It's just nice to have the option. The contributors above are correct about controlling rounds, hence the reluctance to spray and pray in full auto but there are certainly scenarios we train for where full auto would be safe (re. bystanders/hostages) to use and give us an edge over the badguys.

Full auto, with both the P90 and the M4, is accurate if you train and use short, controlled bursts. I won't speak further here about live fire as it would violate the forum rules on talking about ballistics, etc. of real ammo. I can, however, say that with these two firearms on full auto you are NOT spraying wildly like a firehose on the loose. You can place multiple rounds on target, and some of the range instructors, etc. can empty a mag in the black in full auto.

A while back I did a thread on comparing an airsoft M4 with my real steel M4 if anyone is interested in seeing how close the a/s looks to the real thing.

Edited by eltee

I've been looking everywhere for a Classic Army G-36C top rail. I've found the Marui one on UNCompany, and other aluminum top rails. I want the Classic Army one so it matches my Classic Army G-36K. Anyone here know where to find one?

I'm basically going for this look just not painted :

Edited by Rmyof1.5

I mean in aesthetics. I don't want a smooth top rail on my gun, when the rest of the body is textured. I don't want a mismatched gun. Also, same here about what I could find. I could only find the metal top rails, a TM one, and the Star. I would buy the star one but it doesn't have iron sights on it.

may i ask what relevence this has to g36's

Just dispelling the comments about full auto being uncontrollable. Sorry if I was off base or this displeased you.

To maybe add some relevance, here are photos of my shorty G36C (CA) and my real steel G36 clone (semi auto, so I don't know how a full auto G36 shoots) and my TM G36.

BabyVest.jpg

RealAirsoftDualOpticsLR.jpg

RealSteelMadbull.jpg

Edited by eltee

FWIW the TM C rail looks fine with the CA body. It's not the same material as the TM body. Look at the pictures of my K and see for yourself. Plus, the detail on the TM sights is better than on the CA. If you're in the market and can find a TM rail I'd go for it.

Here's the finished gun, got my CA Lower yesterday. Only dissapointment is that the Marui worked nice with the selector switch, it was a nice tactile "click" when each position was selected on the fire selector, on the CA lower it doesn't. I had to do some modification to the body last night to fit the forearm, I'll have to go in and sand out some of the plastic burs to get rid of any nastiness left behind.

Overall this was a worthy project, it took my plastic-y Marui gun and now this thing feels super tight, no creaks, feels 10x stronger. It's the same thing with my PTW, you can hold that gun up from the vertical grip alone at arms length without a doubt about the rigidity of that gun, this gun now feels the same way, looks way better, and now has trades. And yeah I can live with the ONE mis-spelling on there.

g36k13nq.th.jpg  g36k29aj.th.jpg  g36k37wl.th.jpg  g36k46di.th.jpg  g36k51ic.th.jpg

I hope you can see the differences between the Army Code, Classic Army, and real H&K material. I'd say CA is spot on, and if AC was just a bit darker it'd be a perfect match. But regardless it's MILES ahead of Marui's material. Now this gun feels less like a conversion kit and more like a real production gun, but better.  :)

Project finished then I take it?

What a difference the CA lower makes - it was the right decission... a labour of love clearly. :D

And nice pointing on your flagstones :P