G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh interesting. I heard the star optics were ######.   I was also asking about G&P cos I'm hoping they'll have dual optics on the way!   How is the eye relief or whatever it's called on the scope?   Do you have to get way in close to use it like the CA one?

eye reliefs quite good - not got it sat in front of me at mo but reckon at least a couple of inches. I can use it fine with a chunky pair of goggles on. Never used the CA one - both the G&P and Star are 3.5x magnification as opposed to CAs 1.5x

Star used to be awful, but releasing their g36 series seems to be forcing them to improve their quality. Anyone out there using the new star g36's? I only got to play with one for 5 mins and wouldnt mind hearing some reviews from some owners - especially the optics quality.

Edit:

Have just found this from a while back:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=45016&hl=

He has mentioned problems with eye relief and focusing. Like I said I didnt notice a problem but then i didnt actually get to skirmish with it.

G

Edited by Voodoo1

It's glued. And be careful when asking questions like that on these boards - since you're in the U.S. you need to clearly state that your'e not doing it to get around the orange tip laws.

But, try a hair dryer to get the glue soft, or nail polish remover...

does anyone have a G36 and an PEQ2?  im deciding if i should buy it as a battery box.

i do.. i bought one for my CAG36c (the nitro one) you need to make one of the vents on teh side of teh foregrip a little bigger to fit it though but apart from that its fine.. i just need a better battery still to go inside the box... damn this G36c eats batteries.... havent used an AEG in ages <_< bolt actions mmm....

thanks

Jas

Well the reason I ask, is I'd like to run the barrett style flash supressor for the PSG1 on my G36. Which only leads me to my next question... which might be better asked else where, but thought ya'll might know... Do any of ya'll know if the TM PSG1 has a counter clockwise thread barrel or not? or if I can get an adaptor for that?

oh, also I removed my flash hidder by boiling water and dipping the FH in the water to heat and losen the glue.

I modded my handle to put a rail on it. A power drill, hex screws and locktight...

Works perfectly and is solid as a rock though, so I'm very happy. I have several scoped G36 handles, but after the mod, that one is my favorite.

I did have a flat top rail handle on it with a huge scope, but I like that look a lot better. I've put the flat top, scope and bipod on another G36 for a sniper variation. I'll post pics of the two together soon (waiting on one last part).

We need details! show us some pics of the setup. I want to copy your idea, something ive been dying to do!

Ok, here are some pics of some of my G36 mods. First off, I know I'm not using the correct B/R/L designations in all the right places - just using what I had on hand, and all incorrect letters will be filled by black paint and toothpick a little later on. Also, I know my PeQ2 battery box is a cheapo LPEG type, but it's just a place holder until my real one is ordered soon.

First up, the rail explanation:

g36handlerail.jpg

Here's a close-up

g36handlerail1.jpg

I just drilled two holes for the screws using a bit roughly equal to the screw's thread. This actually holds the rail on very securely, without needing anything else, but: (sorry that my cat snuck in there)

g36handlerail2.jpg

I did lace the sides of the rail with locktight epoxy wherever it touched plastic - also put just a tiny bit inside the screw holes. After it dried, I couldn't get the rail off without damaging the carry handle. Solid as a rock. I did the same with a long rail on the bottom of the handguard, and short one on top. The bottom one has a nitro.vo folding grip, and the top one is getting a tilted rail extension by G&P with a laser or flashlight (so it doesn't interfere with the built in optics)

g36handlerail3.jpg

If it's all measured out properly and lined up carefully, it's very natural looking. I personally love the result and can't wait to get a better variety of aimpoints to mount on there.

Next up, is my PeQ2 handguard - this was mounted using the same method on a bipod handguard, which due to its tilting ability, can still open and close just fine around the battery box.

g36peq.jpg

My plan was to have a battery in both the handguard, and the battery box. The way I have my one G36 wired up, I would be able to easily switch from one to other in the field since the G36s notoriously can only accomodate small batteries. It does make it a little front heavy, but not as much as an M4 RIS and M203, etc etc

And lastly, here is my C-style carry handle, that has had the sights removed and a nitro.vo flat top kit installed. As one forum user so nicely pointed out to me, Star actually makes an SL9-type carry handle that is already flat and sight-less. I could have just bought that for actually less than the flat top kit cost :headbutt:

I love Nitro parts, but they are expensive.

g36flattop.jpg

I've got several more peices coming this week from WGC. Some proper K-length barrels and custom flash hiders, a titled rail adapter for a laser, my real PeQ2 box, and some other odds and ends.

I'll post pictures of all this mounted on my collection of G36s later this week. :mrt:

Edited by n00bTard
As one forum user so nicely pointed out to me, Star actually makes an SL9-type carry handle that is already flat and sight-less. I could have just bought that for actually less than the flat top kit cost headbutt.gif

I love Nitro parts, but they are expensive.

hahaha you know me, just trying to help!

Xhado: well, truth with modification sort of. I use the SpecOps Brand X-4 (for 4 M16 mags) and I still get caught up when drawing and/or reinserting.

I use both two fully intact clamped mags and two mags tightly taped together and all "hooks/loops" sawed off to minimize things that pokes out. Still get caught up from time to time.

So, yes ... a pouch that fits 3 M16 mags does work, but it's no fun, imho.

Hello!

Does anyone know where to ger the Marui MP7 sights?? i've been looking for them since the MP7 got out and i can't find them anywhere!!!

really wanted to get thoose to replace my G36 sights(got a E handguard + inner/outter barrel from GP to it in my CA36C). and as i'm adding a scope....

will post pics as soon as the scope arrives(this week hopefully )

thanks in advance

Finally, my last major part arrived:

g36kv_stage4.jpg

Fitted with:

KAC RAS

RS H&K KSK-style carry handle

G&P Norwegian style stock

wide assortment of internal tune-up parts ...

As the poster above, I really miss the MP7 flipups ... but I'm patient ;P

Also, needed is some 6-rib KAC-style rail covers ... but they're pretty much inbound.