G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The front sight on the CA8-2? or the aftermarket SL8 rail that Kov has? The CA8-2 comes with a scoped carry handle.

I think what Kov has is the STAR SL8 rail (I have the same one on my CA8-2) and no, it does not flip down, but it is removeable. It looks like he took a hacksaw to his front sight.

The front sight has a pin in it that allows for the sight to be removed. My red dot projects a circle with a dot in the middle. It fits perfectly in the U shaped hole left by the sight when turned on and always surprises people. It’s a nice touch

I was very skeptical about getting a Vietnam magazine originally, but after comparing the straight and true look to the banana styled G36 magazine, I liked the Vietnam magazine better. It looks more like a rifle IMO.

You know what, since the mods are taking forever, please go to my website (just finished the forums) and check in the codex, you can find the review of the CA8 there. Here is the link.

My CA8 came with trademarks, little metal plates that I was able to glue onto the indentations with the CA markings. See more about it in the review.

Kov

n00bTard, we are as brothers now with our CA8s. Is your serial number one the side the same as the one on UNcompanies image of the CA8? I am trying to figure out if the numbers are unique or not. Because if they are, then I own the CA8 pictured on UNcompanies website.

Kov

n00bTard, we are as brothers now with our CA8s. Is your serial number one the side the same as the one on UNcompanies image of the CA8? I am trying to figure out if the numbers are unique or not. Because if they are, then I own the CA8 pictured on UNcompanies website.

Kov

No. Classic Army G36 series have all the same serials.

It's very unlikely that CA-8's have unique serial numbers. They're very similar to G36's which, as evilliboba said, have one common serial #.

Also, in the descriptions of CA Armalites in almost every retailer's website, a Unique Serial Number is listed as something that the gun has. This is never so with the CA-8.

Neh, he's right - I have the same serial as on UNcompany's site too - 85-000029

Sweet baby Moses, I :wub: this gun though. There are so many subtle little things that CA improved over the CA36 series, which I already thought was fantastic.

There are so many subtle little things that CA improved over the CA36 series, which I already thought was fantastic.

Like what? I haven't heard much about the CA-8 yet, and your saying that interests me.

edit

Ah, didn't even realize that Kov's review was up...

Edited by res0290

Improved nozzle, metal cocking handle (which I was very against at first) is just wonderful, improved hop bucking, the scoped carry handle is 3x (I have a CA36 from August of '05 when the handles were only 1.5x) with better eye relief than either of my other 2 G36s - I am not making this up either, its definitely better - the bipod is rock solid with no wobble or rattle when folded up at all, and when down, has plenty of "play" for aiming - sooo much better than my G&P bipod handguard - a 509mm tightbore came with it (even though I swapped it out for my madbull 6.03 barrel) - it's built like a tank with nice heavy metal spacers for the stock, the selector switch is so tight, its almost hard to change fire modes - a nice solid click into each position - it came with 2 mags, I could go on and on...

Edited by n00bTard

Same here, if my review did not say it then n00bTard did. I support everything he says and more, its all true and not fluff. Its a great product, and this is just the first batch!

Don't forget you get trademarks with a CA8 (if you are luck), an adjustable stock, and bragging rights… :P

I have this in a word doc at this point, because I've gotten so many PMs on this - so I can quickly post this whenever asked: The Railed Handle Mod

here's what I did: (this was done to the stock CA scoped carry handle) I used a standard G36 handguard rail, like you would buy to put on the handguard of a C or K. Next, I went to my local hardware store and bought hex screws, exactly like what come with the rails, except about 6mm longer. I also picked up some metal washers that fit those screws, which I'll explain later.

Next, I drilled a hole directly above the back end of the scope - the scope itself is in a metal shell, so as I was drilling, I went very slowly, and you can easily tell when once you've hit metal. STOP IMMEDIATELY so you don't damage the scope. Also, I have a set of drill bits designed to leave behind thread for the screws to bite, though it's not absolutely necessary. Just make sure you're using metric bits, and that the bit you use is exactly the same diameter of the screws you'll be using, and you'll be fine.

After drilling the back hole above the scope, you'll measure and drill the front hole in the handle. now, that hole will end up being about 2mm higher than the back hole. Place one or two of the metal washers over the back hole to make up the difference. Place a drop or two of locktite on each screw, and screw your rail on.

Once the locktite sets, it's pretty much permanent and very, very solid. I've done it to all my G36s, even sold one to Patsfan, and I've skirmished with them many times - the mod will take most any abuse you can throw at it - your aimpoint or whatever you mount on it will probably fall off long before the rail will.

I don't s'pose you have any WIP pics of the mods as you did it, do you?

Only reason I ask is that if you keep telling people, you could create a thread in the "Project Suggestions", along the lines of a "How to..." and put a link to said thread in your sig? ^_^

:geek:

I've got some pics up on page 36 (ironic) of this thread. They aren't very good though, and they are for a mid-handle rail, not a back one, but I think they are still applicable.

Maybe I'll start a thread there...

I just got my TGS Flip-ups. My camera is out of battery power so I have to wait for it to charge...

PICS!!! Sorry for the quality. It is a 1.1MP Sony Handycam.

Nice!! That's exactly what I wanted to do with mine a few months back, before I sold it :D. Looks great.