Warrior Assault Systems 901 Delta - OD

http://uktactical.com/acatalog/copy_of_cop...-901_Delta.html

Background

I was always interested in picking up a 901 rig, after it was recommended to me by a number of ex-forces members at my local site, however, lacking the funds at the time, I was stuck with my awful SAAV. Upon recieving a substantial amount of money for my birthday, I had a look at Uktactical's website to see if they had any 901s in stock in OD. I didn't think my chances would be very high, as I'd heard that it was rare for them to ever have much Warrior OD stuff in, purely because it was so popular. However, a bit of typing and a few mouse clicks later, one brand new Warrior 901 chest rig was winging it's way towards me.

Packaging

I wasn't best pleased with Uktactical's packaging. It consisted merely of a thin plastic wrapping around the pouches and rig, and a thin plastic bag holding it all together. While this was clothing, and it is unlikely to be damaging by being squashed or dented, I was rather worried that some of the pouches may be have fallen out after seeing a huge sellotaped gash in the side. Lucklily everything was there, and there was no damage to my products. I would like to think Uktactical wrap objects like optics and watches more carefully.

Intial Impressions

My intial impressions were reasonably good. As I pulled out the first pair of "double" M4 pouches I was dismayed to see that having two 5.56 magazines in there would make them very tight. If you intend to get these Warrior M4 pouches, magpuls are a must (I simply use paracord and sniper tape to make my own though, both easily purchased from your local surplus store). The chest rig itself was slightly larger than I thought, which is a plus. Being 1000D cordura however, the rig is very stiff. I hope that after a few skirmishes it will become slightly more flexible. The two utility pouches that came with it were also of reasonable size, one is easily large enough to fit a canteen or waterbottle and the other can easily fit a medic kit (however, I intend to use it as a small dump pouch. I can hold five to six magazines are a push.

Build Quality

The build quality on this thing is excellent. Besides the stiffness that I mentioned earlier, it seems as if it will gold together for a long time, and with Uktactical's 5 year operational guarantee, I'm sure it will. The stitching is all solid and strong and will likely take a lot of abuse. The straps on the back are equally well made, and I cannot see them snapping or breaking anytime soon. All of this is easily on par with Blackhawk, and much better than Arktis in my opinion. The only thing I am worried about really, is the mag pouches. They seem a bit thin, and look as if they could be pierced. I'm hoping this isn't the case, but only time will tell.

Comfort/fit

This is certainly, very comfortable. It is front heavy with all 4 mag pouches double stacked, but this is easily offset by wearing a backpack or rucksack with the rig. I ran a few laps of my garden in it, and it seemed to stay where it was, although jumping up and down caused it leave my shoulders slightly. I think this may be because I am on the smaller side. It was very easy to adjust, and I had fitting me well in about 5-10 minutes. Lying prone didn't seem to cause too much discomfort, but I noticed that due to the design of the mag pouches, quite a lot of dirt got inside the pouch which was disappointing. As there are only straps and buckles on the back, sitting and lying down was comfortable, and I cannot recommend these enough for vehicle ops. Simply mount a fobus or serpa on the bib of the rig, and away you go.

Conclusion

All in all, very pleased. It has a few downsides, but at 74.95 I think I can live with them. Very good value, and I cannot recommend it enough.

(I will have a skirmish review up in about a week, as well as pictures.)

Edited by Talonclaw117

I have a warrior RICAS myself and it takes alot of punishment and comes out looking new. They are a great make and im looking to get a 901 myself in the coming weeks. The mag pouches are solid, i dunno how many times ive been crawling around in the mud or loading mags into it and out of it.

Enjoy bud. I most certainly have.

Thanks for the review

Oh and my vest and converse boots came packed like u said but they are ok.

all me gear appart from my Holster is Warrior, i have to admit its top notch gear and i go as far as swearing by it, ive tried Eagle, Hsgi, Arktis, Blackhawk, Weekend Warrior and Tatctical Tailor gear all over priced and don't do anything for me, ive spent a fortune on this stuff only to sell it becasue it was not right for me.

i have a warrior RICAS compact

HUGE array of pouches including a Cargo Pack

Molle Belt

and soon ill have one of those Warrior D.A.R systems for my light loadout.

one gripe i have with their gear is the Colouring, its hit or miss, most of my gears is a fairly repectible tan colour where as some of their newer stuff is more CB than anything. ON AND THEY STOPPED DOING STANDARD 7.62 MAGS! WHYYYYYY! i needed a half a dozen for my M14 :(

High Quality, Low Price, HUGE range of products what more can you want?

Edited by Fellowz

I had a RICAS before and now have a 901 omega. And I can only say that I agree with the rest of you. When it comes to mag pouches, I don't know witch once you have, I have hade both their "standard" 5,56 pouch (the one that looks like BHIs dito) and the NSR (this one), and the NSR is the bether of the two. A brand spanking new NSR is easier to pull the mags out of then a 3 month old one of the other kind. And I use P-mags.

Just a little tip about thier pouches. Im sorry if I missplaced it, but I thought it bether to place it here where the topic came up.

//Carl

Edited by Frykis
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

My DAR rig was pretty stiff too in the beginning. A dose of usage and abuse did the trick. I have that with all my WAS gear (DAR, cargo pack, Assault pack, pouches).

I picked up a DAR rig in OD from ebay a few weeks back, from a returning services member and despite obvious use (its been sprayed and still has markings on the back) its very stiff, and quite tricky to get mags in the 2 furthest pockets. Great rig though, solid as you like and comfortable.

I have an OD 901 Delta (before this, I owned the tan version), and I too can vouch for its' build quality, resistance to abuse, and general ruggedness.

I've had it since Christmas '09 and it hasn't failed me once in the numerous games I've used it in, for the money you're paying you really can't fault it. The pouches are quite snug when you're double-stacking standard 5.56mm mags (that is, non-Magpul ones), but I'm shortly going to switch over to PMAGs so I imagine they'll be even more so. If that is the case, I'll keep the Delta to use with my FA-MAS and buy a DAR for when I'm running PMAGs.

I've also never had a problem with a zip breaking, or any rips or tears in the fabric of the pouches, and the buckles and straps have held up every time I've used the rig. Definitely better value for money than some of the more expensive gear on the market today.

I must say that I've never had a problem ordering from UKTactical, and I've been using them for nearly 3 years now - they always provide an excellent service, with an exceptional turnaround.

• 3 weeks later...