Comes from here originally http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery...07.1150.1km.jpg

Taken 1km up on the 7th of this month by the Terra Satellite

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov has some great shots and publishes the pictures from across the globe each day.

More information on the first phot here: http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHa...ew.php?id=42237

This is a direct cause of global warming you see. Man's unbarred release of CO2 into the atmosphere has caused an increase of temperature that will eventually drown us all when the ice caps melt and flood the coastal areas. Al Gore said so ;)

Jokes aside, I thought that was a pretty damn cool picture, like something from "The Day After Tomorrow" :D

Its a pritty cool picture considering england hasent been like this for nearly 30 years or so and well for kids all over its the best thing ever :D.

But some people are going over the top with all this weather , I work at argos and on sataday i brought down 10 electric/ oil filled heaters down on the shop floor to be sold with in 4 hours those items had gone instantly. Today whilst at work i had to do the same and out of 10 fan heaters sent down 4 remaind when i left just rediculous when all people need to do is wrap up warm and your fine (y)

My winter load out:

Thermal shorts

Tracky bottoms

Old man slippers

Old man socks

Dressing gown

Beany hat

Two hoodys for when it gets even colder

but apart from that i realy dont feel the cold lol :D

yar, the media is whipping up a frenzy here. i live in the north, and had to travel around 250 miles on thursday. checked a few websites before loading the van up, to see if it was worth it.

it was basically "YOU ARE GOING TO DIE IF YOU GET OUT OF BED".

threw shovels, sleeping bags food and enough warm kit for an army in, and set off. was absolutely fine, clear all the way down to surrey.

also, folk are panic-buying in supermarkets. its a bit cold, not the end of the world. even if it did hit -22 deg C in scotland.

its definitely the fault of the media that the country is in panic...

Only your first pic works. Seems your links are broken...

I think I can see where this is going thought :lol: The snow round my way was perfect for iglo building on the first 2 days of there being snow. Now though it's just all powder so only good for skiing...

EDIT: disregard my first comment...

Edited by mattmanic