Paintball....... the movie

White_Rabbit

Just saw some of it over on the StageVU website, and I can guarantee that it is complete and utter *suit-cake*.

Basically it's a bunch of paintballers with too much cash wanting to show off their RAP replicas, and AK's with hoppers combined with their total lack of tactical knowledge and/or safety (removing your facemask during a firefight is totally fine, as long as you do it in order to shout out orders... :rolleyes:). Ad a bit of third-rate CGI into the mix and a complete lack of acting skills and you've pretty much guessed the plot.

um, i just watched the entire thing, and it wasnt bad. not bad at all.

there was absolutely only 2 things that bothered me.

after they found out that they were being hunted by something, they still clung to their paint ball weapons. and 2, after they found paintballs that were filled with acid (meant to be fired from the grenade launcher) they didn't load them up into their guns. but it would have ruined the story and the last altercation.

if you go into the movie thinking that it already sucks and that its going to be a bad movie, then it will look bad to you. that will happen to any movie you watch. so when you watch it, dont be a douche fag and sit there ready to watch an OK movie.

the paintball type they played was NO different that the large scenario games we play and the players had OK tactics, its not like we all practice and perform perfect tactics all the time and they were just civilians.

the guns they used weren't necessarily theirs. a few of them seemed to only be there for fun and they werent regular players and one was a speedball freak, so having a scenario modified tippmann isnt something she'd have. so my guess is that the entire kit that they were given was rental stuff.

out of the guns in the movie, only 3 of them were RAP4s and those were the pistols the black guy had and the M16 that only had the mag that the guy who first had the bullet proof vest had. the rest were all .68 cal guns from various manufacturers like tippmann, Araikon and Warsensor.

im only defending the movie because it wasnt bad. the CGI was believable, and better than 3rd rate by far. go watch sifi channel movies to see 3rd rate CGI.

i really liked the parts of them running in a hail of fire. *fruitcage*, the only difference between the games i have been in and the situations in the movie are the difference in caliber. it was all so exciting.

i would say more but this entire thing sounds like a rant...

i may have bad taste in movies, but that only means that i can enjoy more of them then you.

stupid, ugly and badly done...

To steal a script and adapt it to an activity that has been forgot by theater is obviously not a good idea.

As we speak we have sort of a VCR bill running in france, and we don't need such movie that shows wargamers as stupid & aggressive people :'(

Archived