Diemaco L119A1 SFW Visual Reference Thread

Panoptes

Ok! :)

Here's a thread devoted to the L119A1. I struggled to find good visual reference for my build so I hope this develops into a useful resource.

Project components:

G&P M4 Commando base

G&P C8A1 Receiver

G&P M4 RIS

Guarder Butt Pad

Proud C8 Aluminium Barrel

Army Code Front Sight*

'AR' Large M4 Pistol Grip

Generic M4 CCW Flash Hider

Generic ACM ACOG

L119A1-a.jpg

L119A1-b.jpg

L119A1-d.jpg

L119A1-c.jpg

AC_L119A1_fs-a.jpg

AC_L119A1_fs-c.jpg

:)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rail'd M4: You're both doing it very very right.

Really useful thread for anyone looking to build an SFW, those are some excellent reference pictures and beautifully built rifles.

And who cares if it's only a bolt on job? Still helps to know the right parts to bolt on!

If you're unable to find a pre-made one, looking at the design it appears it'd be quite simple to fabricate from a standard AR gas block, even if just as a temporary measure. A bit of epoxy and plasticard and i'm sure it can be done - The front sight isn't a load-bearing piece so hacking it about and shaping it a little shouldn't be too difficult.

Such an elegant weapon. Not as random or as clumsy as an M4 but a weapon from a more civilized age. :D

Must remember to get a vortex, too... I knew there was something I'd forgotten!

Not as random or clumsy as the M4? Its practically the same weapon.

I do have a question for you guys, though.... How on earth do you make friends with that pistol grip? My hands, long-fingered and big palmed though I am, HATE that grip, absolutely hate it. Maybe its just me....

WHAT! I love that grip, fits in my hand perfectly.

So basically your saying you have big hands,.... well the increased surface area of the grip over that of an original m4 grip means it should fit better in your hand

Here's my build.

Base gun was a JG CQBR as it was rear wired and i run mini Lipos in the stock tube from

http://www.heliguy.com/Extras/LiPo-Batteri...2S)-800mAh-20C/

The body is G&P C8 large guarder AR grip with G&P 4 position stock and rubber butt plate. Barrel extension is a custom job by Perr Mike from another forum and the internals are all JG with G&P metal hop unit. It's firing at 335fps and accurate as hell.

FYI A lot of other guys who have built these used Milliput to mod the front sight as Army code seem to have stopped production of them completely.

DSCF3206.jpg

DSCF3203.jpg

I have now put a cheap ACM NSN ACOG on top to finish it off.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i've wanted to build an sfw for quite some time! I have all the parts ordered so just a waiting game now!

With regards to stock tubes, can anyone tell me if the 4 position stock tubes are the same length as the 6 position tubes? (g&p 4 positions are actually 5!) I only ask as i wasn't sure if i should file out the inside of my standard g&p 4 position tube so i can run wires through it or buy a g&p 6 position tube ready to be rear wired. What have you guy's done?

I also have a g&p body on the way. From the pic's i've seen it looks like i will have to file a small semi circle in the back to allow the wires to pass through, i think i need to cut down the tube/mount for the stock tube, not sure how long this should be?

They are the only bits i'm a little stuck on so any help would be appreciated. Fingers crossed everything else should go together ok!

Hugh

Archived