2010 SHOT Show (USA)

Erik_MAA

So Titleist what did you think of the ACR, and Remington MSR?

Sorry for the late reply.

Well we're all aware that the DoucheMaster version has the 1/9 non-chrome lined barrel, so it makes it about useless for me since I run 77-80gr rounds out of my guns about 50 percent of the time.

It's also 3000 dollars. As I said in the real steel thread I put down a 25 percent deposit on the KAC Magpul Dynamics SR-15 package, which is the custom made SR-15 with dimpled barrel, triple tap, magpul furniture (and NOT the moe stuff either), 4 pmags, sling, carrying case, and carbine 1 and 2 dvds, for 2700 dealer price (yes I sweet talked my way in to that). So that's a pimped out gun for 2700 dealer, vs 3000 for a stock ACR for 3000.

Here's the big fail, the ACR is friggin HEAVY. It's like 8.5lbs unloaded, no optics. Total fail. My SR-15 with PEQ-15, T-1, and Scout, loaded is only 7.2lbs. And I quote someone in the know on this response, "How the *fruitcage* did a friggin injection molded 5.56 rifle get to be that *fruitcage* heavy and that *fruitcage* expensive. *fruitcage* them and the horse they rode in on." Also if anyone is wondering, I was at the magpul party when they saw the Hitler/ACR video, and even they laughed.

Also the guys at bushmaster were showing us how the stock didn't need a locking system, and that it wouldn't unfold by accident. So we pick it up, and the stock of course falls open...by accident. The ACR is amazing in that it actually makes the SCAR look like a better deal. :(

Nice try, ACR, but no soup for you.

As for the MSR. Honestly, I like it, it's heavy as hell though. It's not what I would consider an LTR at all, but it's VERY nice, and very modular. When they offer it in 338 I'll probably snag one.

snip....

That sucks, i knew about the price, but figured eventually it would fall.

How does the Remington weigh about 7( if i recall), and the Bushmaster weigh 8.5? makes no sense.

I had high hopes that for the ACR, and that Magpul would keep Bushmaster from screwing it up :( .

Did you get to play with the Remington? if so was it any better? if so, Hopefully they'll release it kind of like what Colt does with the 6940, and 6940 "LE" models, even though right now they say normal LEO's will have to get the Bushy if they want it.

Edit: Did you get Magpuls take on the ACR fiasco? I wonder what they think of whats happened.

Edit: Did you get Magpuls take on the ACR fiasco? I wonder what they think of whats happened.

Yes. However I can't really talk about said response.

And I did handle the Remington ACR at AAC's booth, it was also at the magpul party. It seems a tad better built then the BFI version.

Honestly, the ACR does NOTHING that a good AR-15 (top tier like BCM, etc) couldn't do. Also, the Remington version will cost a GOOD deal more than the Bushy version, and it's STRICTLY LE/MIL.

(you obviously don't have to respond to this Big T)

I'm gonna guess that the response from magpul was one of frustration, As they are a company that seems to innovate without price gouging. Now this gun is not really innovative in any real way, and is overpriced for the feature list. I am also guessing that the company sentiment is that they no longer have a desire to work with outside companies that are not to be trusted, (Which is to say larger companies.)

In the future I expect magpul partnerships will be actual partnerships, not purchase of designs as this ACR fiasco seems to have ended up.

Archived