Spartan Imports Showcasing Magpul PTS ACR & FPG

uscmCorps

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've sent Magpul PTS a question about the internals. I was under the impression that the internals are a modified V3 G36 gear box with caged motor. The same gearbox is supposed to be quick swappable between the two lowers. I'll post what I find out.

Edit, got a response from Magpul PTS:

The gear box is base on version 3 and we enhanced the size to fit PTS ACR exclusively. The cylinder, gears and internal parts are interchangeable with Tokyo Marui and Systema upgrade parts.
I've sent Magpul PTS a question about the internals. I was under the impression that the internals are a modified V3 G36 gear box with caged motor. The same gearbox is supposed to be quick swappable between the two lowers. I'll post what I find out.

Edit, got a response from Magpul PTS:

So I Guess That Means its a V3 Mechbox, So I assume its Selector Switch is Also External along with the Selector Plate, Like the AK and G36 and UMG?

Since it was a Modified V3 I hope that the Modified, Doesnt Mean Possible Cracking Front End

Kinda reminds me of the Modern Warfare 2 version,. The old Masada mixed with the ACR.

A bit disappointing it has a front flip up integrated. Would have loved to use both MBUS on it. Not a big deal though. Not like Ill use them anyways.

IS it releasing the day of the shot show or just a model to look at?

Still wondering if the Tan will be Magpuls DFE or Bushmasters Mustard tan.

Since it was a Modified V3 I hope that the Modified, Doesnt Mean Possible Cracking Front End

Seems a bit premature to predict that being modified it'll have problems with cracking front ends. Let's try to stay positive and wait and see what comes out. Guess I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

A bit disappointing it has a front flip up integrated. Would have loved to use both MBUS on it. Not a big deal though. Not like Ill use them anyways.

Thinking about this more, I kinda like the integrated front BUIS part of the design. I never use BUIS on any of my guns (except the AKs and FALs) and I prefer a clean straight line over the discontinuity a front BUIS introduces. Part of the reason why I like my SR15s.

Was a retail price ever mentioned, or a educated guess?

The price I mentioned in the other thread was the most current estimated MSRP Magpul PTS had for those products. The MSRP fluctuated a lot over the months due to material and labor costs. We should know by next week a more accurate MSRP.

The MSRP they quoted was for the base model (14.5" barrel, fixed stock, M4 lower).

Well, at least what we see before us is some innovation. That alone is enough for me to welcome this gun in. Who cares about fine details? Airsofters really are a pedantic bunch! There is not enough innovation in this game, so the fact this appears to be a nicely thought out, unique gun really does give one hope.

The A&K Masada was designed independently from the Magpul-PTS ACR.

Thats the line PTS has been using, but the identical gearbox with the long nozzle and a few other similarities like the barrel nut(didn't PTS claim a ratcheting barrel nut?) suggest that line is in fact, bovine by product. ;)

The question is, AK or STANAG?

Both, if the original statements are still valid. It'll come with the STANAG lower and you can buy the AK later but it won't be using TM-spec AK mags , rather it will use proprietary AK style mags

Archived