Inokatsu Mk43 Mod 1

UPDATE 02OCT2010

234k rounds: my girlfriend ran my pig a couple times over the past few months while I've been away. She reported no issues whatsoever with the Inokatsu gearbox and installed SRC M140 spring.

Also had a custom rig made by Ferro Tactical:

DSCN2621.jpg

DSCN2623.jpg

Specs are as follows:

- Split front

- Mesh pockets for flotation panels

- 2 pistol mag/multi-tool pouch

- 2 small GP/beltfed tool pouch

- 4 M60 100rd 7.62 link pouches

- 4 elastic smoke/bang/flare loops

Will review after some hard use.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 13NOV2010

239k rounds: finally back from the sandbox! Ran the pig in a couple light firefights, nothing too serious. The gun would occasionally stop firing, which I found odd. I figured I'd wait and take a look-see before the games next weekend.

UPDATE 20NOV2010

239k rounds: I found that my wiring harness has a nasty short in it due to the wiring rubbing up against the inside of the receiver. I'll be ordering another new "high voltage upgrade kit" from Redwolf shortly. In the meantime, I'm anxiously awaiting the delivery of my Inokatsu MAG58, which is due in tomorrow.

As an aside, my new Ferro Tactical LBV (now with integrated Blue Force Gear micro DAP pack) is money.

Glad to see your back in action from the uh..action? Coming from the son of an old master chief petty officer. :)

I read through this thread some months back and had this big grin. The stuff you put the ino through, the repairs, round counts, updates, not too mention the sheer effectiveness in firefights(the video was epic). Makes me wish we had some real support gunner's out here in SoCal. In my 5 years of airsofting i've only ever seen one support gunner and he was packing an m240 that made my jaw drop. Thanks to this thread i've had to beat off the urge to do a support build for money's sake.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 12DEC2010

243k rounds: after a brief but intense 4k round firefight, through which the gun functioned flawlessly, I began experiencing a very peculiar issue. The ROF would vary wildly from the 1100 RPM it was spitting out (with a new Systema Energy motor) down to maybe 60 RPM... then it would stop firing entirely for a couple minutes. After a brief rest period, it would go through the same cycle of 1100 RPM -> 60 RPM -> only the boxmag motor would wind. Since I didn't really feel like looking into the problem at the time, I switched to my new Inokatsu GPMG, which functioned flawlessly until I got a load of rain down the barrel.

• 7 months later...

UPDATE 23JUL2011

245k rounds: After a brief break from airsoft (JAN-MAY), frogfish and I finally got her back up and running. The stock Cyma CM02 gearbox has a screw post at the top-front of the gearbox that is slightly too big to allow the hopup to mate with the feed tube. A bit of filing solved this issue. Internal parts are all stock Cyma V3, minus the Element poly piston, alu piston head, RealSword Type 97B stock spring, and G&P hop rubber. Chronoing 330fps w/0.25g bbs, hitting targets at 205 ft.

• 9 years later...
On 4/5/2021 at 4:49 PM, doganous said:

Hello,

I saw the version with top rail available at redwolf and thinking of pulling the trigger with this version, what is your verdict opinion on this weapon?

Kind Regards,

Dogan

Hoo boy, this is a helluva necropost. :D

I absolutely still recommend this gun, even though I sold it off nearly a decade ago. It's a solid piece of kit.

On 4/7/2021 at 11:31 PM, doganous said:

Thank you very much for your answer! Yes it is super old :D One more question: Would it be easy to fix the gun if an internal piece is broken? Is there something unique in terms of parts that I may not be able to replace for this gun?

There are some proprietary parts, but nothing that I would consider high-wear or failure-prone. The gearbox itself is literally a Cyma AK V3, which can be had for $60 all in.