Real Sword Type 97

TRH: remember we were discussing on another real sword thread about the battery circuit? I've received further confirmation from other knowledgable airsofters. It is indeed in series. So yes! 16.8v of sheer chainsaw lunacy! Maybe even more? The stick battery compartment should be able to take a 9.6v just fine. It appears to even have the space for a 10.8v! Imagine.... 19.2v! Probably burn the motor out :P

Edited by Punkypink
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure about the mags and rail issue, but in terms of upgrades, I normally shove in a Prommy tightbore, but I've found the most useful one is putting in a larger hop nub, as in my stock Type 97, I h

http://t97.ca/

Posted Images

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the T97's ROF is a bit poor with the stock motor, sub 11.1. In fairness though, it is meant for pulling massive springs ;) . I think for an SP90 I'd choose a different motor and drop down to 7.4 - it's something I'd consider when the motor goes in mine.

For the record.

It works pretty well with a M150 that I bought on accident.

However I do not see any use for a M150 spring and the fps it bring(along with the problems).

Therefore, the motor is nice but is not a good choice for a standard field-fps AEG.

Recently got a Type 97b, just wondering if everyone has the same 'gap' mine has.

On the left side of the gun, where the polymore stock meets the upper and lower receiver it sticks out about 2-3mm.

Everywhere else it seems to hug the stock quite well.

I`ll take a pic when I can.

I had that with my 97 when I first got it out of the box. I just bent it back to where it should be. I'd assumed someone at the shop didn't know how to put the cover back on properly and just rammed it on, but given that yours was like that too, maybe it's not uncommon.

Glad to hear you took the plunge, anyway. How are you liking it?

Edited by The Reptile House

Sadly wont be able to skirmish it till the 7th of March at the earliest so cant say for sure.

Liking the ergonomics so far though, the front grip reminds me of my old P90.

Silly fast fire rate on a standard 8.4v, very nice feel to the plastics and metal, defiantly feels like a quality product.

Was going to go with the standard 97 but saw a video of a 97b with a silencer on it which looks great.

So if I feel I need the extra range/accuracy Ill buy a longer inner barrel and hide it in a silencer.

Also, anyone else find the mag release pin/button a bit sharp?

Kinda hurts your finger a little, doesn't help that its quite stiff.

Recently got a Type 97b, just wondering if everyone has the same 'gap' mine has.

On the left side of the gun, where the polymore stock meets the upper and lower receiver it sticks out about 2-3mm.

Please post some pics, i would like to see what you are talking about. Hopefully in anther 2 weeks i will be getting my T97B model.

Was going to go with the standard 97 but saw a video of a 97b with a silencer on it which looks great. So if I feel I need the extra range/accuracy Ill buy a longer inner barrel and hide it in a silencer

I suspect you'd get a 407mm tightbore in there without a silencer - although it may protrude into the cone of the flash hider. The silencer does look cool though :)

Also, anyone else find the mag release pin/button a bit sharp?

Kinda hurts your finger a little, doesn't help that its quite stiff.

Yeah - it's a PITA, but you get used to it.

How did you find getting the battery in, BTW?

Mine did.

And it still had a tiny bit of upper handguard squeak(small sound, but happens once in a while and scare the s**t out of me because I thought I broke it -_-; ).

Edited by adadqgg

Same here on the upper/lower handguard thing - but only when I give it a bit of torque ;)

On a different note, I learned on Airsoft Mechanics how easy it is to install a 'fet on one of these, courtesy of hunterseeker5. It's post #20. I suspect the OP is the same wilekcmc, so many thanks :)

I suspect you'd get a 407mm tightbore in there without a silencer - although it may protrude into the cone of the flash hider. The silencer does look cool though :)

Yeah - it's a PITA, but you get used to it.

How did you find getting the battery in, BTW?

What is the standard inner barrel length anyway?

Getting the battery in was a bit fiddly but nothing major, just took the lower receiver off and went from there.

Defiantly not a lot of room in there to work with.

1500mah batterys usually last me a days skirmish so I hope that wont change other wise Im stuffed, only got the one type 97 battery.

Will have to look at other ways to put the battery in or plunge into lipo battery's.

Same here on the upper/lower handguard thing - but only when I give it a bit of torque ;)

On a different note, I learned on Airsoft Mechanics how easy it is to install a 'fet on one of these, courtesy of hunterseeker5. It's post #20. I suspect the OP is the same wilekcmc, so many thanks :)

Yep, i am the one who ask for help on the mosfet, the guys over there are outstanding. Glade it was able to help you out ;)

...MAG brand mags feed perfectly.

If you want to replace the Type 97 Stanag with another steel mag, look for the new 190rds Steel mags from MAG.

Agree with MAG plastic mids, but MAG 190 metal mids did not work out in my Type 97 - they hung too low to engage properly with the hop feed tube.

S.Arms metal mids work well, though.