Real Sword Type 97

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure about the mags and rail issue, but in terms of upgrades, I normally shove in a Prommy tightbore, but I've found the most useful one is putting in a larger hop nub, as in my stock Type 97, I h

http://t97.ca/

Posted Images

Hey there all fellow RS Type 97

I am going to be buying some mags for this gun soon but I was wondering whats the mag compatibility for this?

Do King Arms Plastic M4 Mags work?

I would save up and just buy RealSword mags.

I tried man other brands and they all feel like ###### when compared to RealSword mags.

So I got 4 RS mags and a Magpul PTS p-mag.

He bought it new in the U.S.

No luck with contacting other retailers or the manufacturer, or distributors.

RealSword North America branch is located in U.S... ask precisionairsoft about contact information.

Edited by adadqgg

dsc00819u.th.jpg

dsc00820t.th.jpg

This lipo from component shop fits well.

Only bad thing being the steel receiver 'pokes' the pack the way I install the battery (lower hand guard removal only), left tiny (less than 1mm) dents in my pack.

May consider filing down that edge just in case anyway.

7.4V 1900mAh 20C+ continuous discharge (says 25c on the pack) 88 x 34.0 x 16.5mm weight 102g

Probably worth mentioning that while this battery will fit a 97B, I don't think it'll fit the 97. This is because the thumb recess at the top left-hand-side of the 97's grip impinges on the internal battery space. The 97B doesn't have an indent in the same place.

Edited by The Reptile House
Double post...

...but while I'm on, the only thing I don't like about my 97 is that I keep getting asked if it's a FAMAS.

+1

Those damned COD noobs...

3 people thought it was Famas yesterday.

Question: what size/capacity/voltage lipo do you use?

Edited by adadqgg

Finally got my 97b out for a good skirmish.

Also got loads of FAMAS comments, mostly it looks like a FAMAS that has been put in a hot wash :P

Anyway I LOVE IT!

Silly fire rate on a 7.4v, very accurate for a stock AEG and was a joy to use.

Only bad thing is the RS mag that came with it broke after 2 loads. :-/

Jams constantly, very annoying but luckily I had a spare MAG magazine to replace it.

Question: Does the PEQ-box mod require a rewiring? Or can you just use the stock tamiya plugs and feed them out of the hole in the hand-guard?

You will have to extend the wiring or replace it to do the mod. I always replace the stock wiring and change over to den plugs to get rid of the restance that it causes. If you go with the mod it would be a great time to add a mosfet to it ;)

I did the latter in my 97 and just used a tamiya-tamiya plug extender (I use a battery bag). I didn't want to permanently mess with the wiring until I knew I had the battery format right. I now have a MOSFET on the way with the wires super extended for the front end.

With the 97B, the wiring is already long enough to poke out of the front end and PEQ/bag up as you like.

I did the latter in my 97 and just used a tamiya-tamiya plug extender (I use a battery bag). I didn't want to permanently mess with the wiring until I knew I had the battery format right. I now have a MOSFET on the way with the wires super extended for the front end.

With the 97B, the wiring is already long enough to poke out of the front end and PEQ/bag up as you like.

If you don't mind which mosfet did you order and were are you planing on place it? Mine is right under the battery pack.