Real Sword Type 97

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure about the mags and rail issue, but in terms of upgrades, I normally shove in a Prommy tightbore, but I've found the most useful one is putting in a larger hop nub, as in my stock Type 97, I h

http://t97.ca/

Posted Images

A while back i changed out my hopup for a Prometheus Soft Type, what i found was that it was not performing like i hoped. What i mean is that i have to turn my hopup almost all the way up but still don't getting that much distance out of it. So i changed out the nob for a firmer one. This seams to help but i was thinking about going to a hard type nob, but i am only using a SP 90 (shooting at 300fps). Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks

I was intending to go with a Prometheus soft. However, when I fitted it I found it didn't fit as snugly as the original rubber and as I recall the hop ridge inside was smaller than the original one - so I binned that idea.

Instead I've continued to use the original rubber and fitted a fatter nub - one from a Madbull soft hop set, I believe. I've done this in both my 97 and my 97B and I don't get past #2 on the hop dial when using 0.25g BBs.

Edit: I am using Prometheus and Madbull tightbores respectively.

Edited by The Reptile House

I was intending to go with a Prometheus soft. However, when I fitted it I found it didn't fit as snugly as the original rubber and as I recall the hop ridge inside was smaller than the original one - so I binned that idea.

Instead I've continued to use the original rubber and fitted a fatter nub - one from a Madbull soft hop set, I believe. I've done this in both my 97 and my 97B and I don't get past #2 on the hop dial when using 0.25g BBs.

Edit: I am using Prometheus and Madbull tightbores respectively.

Thanks for the info, i am going to try that out, putting the original rubber back on and i have a madbull nob. See what i will get out of it. Currently its set at 9 on my dial setting.

I never actually tried my 97B stock - changed the barrel and nub for its first skirmish.

I've got to say though, on the basis of one skirmish, it's looking highly likely that my 97 will be relegated to my back up. The 97B rocks! No discernable range difference between it and the 97, better ROF on a 7.4 and far more ergonomic. I've also sold my Tavor as it just didn't measure up.

The more G&G pushes back their FN2k the more likely I am to buy a 97. Anyone know how one of these would look with an AFG on the bottom?

You cant go wrong with the t97, i am waiting for the price to drop on a 97B a little. But that's my next AEG :)

Havent bothered the change the barrel on my 97B yet.

Do have to have the hop dial at 6 however to get a straight shot.

Stock bucking, 6 for .25g bb.

I used around 7-8 for .28g bb, which is what I actually use in Skirmish due to high stock fps(in U.S., it exceeds 400 on .2g).

Just a quick question, where can I get one? KwaUSA.com only ships to USA. I'm in Europe :)

Airsoftgi probably ships to Europe.

However, firefly is pretty much the same thing, and I prefer Firefly because it cost more ;).

Edited by adadqgg

The more G&G pushes back their FN2k the more likely I am to buy a 97. Anyone know how one of these would look with an AFG on the bottom?

Personally I think the 97 needs something upfront and I've considered drilling for a rail to try out an AFG. If that's your style, go for it.

As for looks, it would probably improve it ;)

The wires are actually quite long, as they are made to extend all the way down through and outside the grip. You may have to fit and extension, depending on how you wanted the wires to reach the PEQ - if you drilled a hole, you may be OK.

As mentioned earlier, I've extended my wiring out near the barrel - I just ordered an extension from Component Shop, rather than do anything permanent.

Edited by The Reptile House

Can anyone confirm for me if the batteries wouldn't need extending if you mounted the PEQ box to the side near the vent holes?

Sorry i cant help you on this one :( :(

If you wont to rewire it with a mosfet, i can help you with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this past weekend i really put the 97 though its paces, using it in a support roll for cover fire in a bunker game. I was offered to use a M60 or M249 support gun but i turned it down. Next weekend is anther game and i plan on using it as hard again, after wards i will break open the mechboxes and see what type of abuse the piston has taken. Will post up what i find, here are some pics of last weekends game. Oh in the bunker game i fired around 1,200 rounds.

gallery_66130_1731_49375.jpg

gallery_66130_1731_16792.jpg

gallery_66130_1731_215971.jpg

gallery_66130_1731_68312.jpg

gallery_66130_1731_644979.jpg

Nice pics! :)

How are you finding using the Eo? I whacked a reflex sight on my 97B this weekend and despite the height of the rail it worked really, really well.

I love the EO, it works great for a clone model and its at the right height for wearing safety googels (nothing gets in the way with them).

Thanks for the comments on my pics.