Real Sword Type 97

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure about the mags and rail issue, but in terms of upgrades, I normally shove in a Prommy tightbore, but I've found the most useful one is putting in a larger hop nub, as in my stock Type 97, I h

http://t97.ca/

Posted Images

7.4v fits perfectly in the hand guard.

Plus the motor in the 97b is a high speed one, the ROF on a 7.4v is plenty fast.

Stock accuracy IMHO is very good on the 97B.

Groupings in auto could be a little improved but otherwise there isnt a burning need to upgrade anything in the 97B.

Never really felt the urge to upgrade it until recently, only then its mostly because I feel like tweaking.

which 7.4? easy to install or should i just stick with a battery bag for simplicity?

Think it was this one: http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/body_ip2s20c1900.html

Will check when I remember.

I just pull the one pin out of the handguard and pull it off.

Install battery just above the handguard with lipo alarm and fit it back together. (which is the fiddly bit)

Takes a minute or two but I wouldent say its much more complicated than other rifles.

A few reasons.

mostly because I was dissapointed with the problems OOTB.

Plus generally it just didn't fit me.

Ironically the 97b was supposed to be a stop gap till the f2000 came out but it turned out to be the best aeg ive owned quality and performance wise.

A few reasons.

mostly because I was dissapointed with the problems OOTB.

Plus generally it just didn't fit me.

Ironically the 97b was supposed to be a stop gap till the f2000 came out but it turned out to be the best aeg ive owned quality and performance wise.

Intereseting, i am torn between the f2000 and the 97b.

Funnily enough, my 97 was bought as a backup. Even funnier was that my primary was going to be the TSI Tavor...then the Ares Tavor (both now sold - the TSI for obvious reasons and the Ares for the same reasons you're selling your G2010) :D

Intereseting, i am torn between the f2000 and the 97b.

As soon as I bought my 97B, my 97 became my back up. Unless you prefer the look and balance of the 97, I can't see many advantages over the 97B - plus the 97B for me is more ergonomic because of the front grip (and it turns out I don't really mind the rear heaviness). ROF is excellent on a 7.4, whereas I had to go with 11.1 with the 97.

I've now sold the 97 as I needed the cash.

Edit: just to be clear, you will love the 97B!

Edited by The Reptile House

If you want something that oozes quality and has excellent performance OOTB, Type 97.

Pretty easy.

Only problem I`ve had in mine is semi stopped working twice, both times fixed with a quick burst of auto.

Otherwise, the only thing I dislike about the 97 is the position of the fire-selector.

Cant do very quick changes being all the way back into your shoulder but you do get used to it.

Same with the mag ejection pin, at first its a (very stiff) pain but you get used to it and mag changes can be done quickly.

The 97B is growing on me enough that I may ditch my AK fetish and just go modern and simple.

SO... question... has anyone tried fitting an Ambi mag catch yet? It seems to me that they could be made to fit, then maybe tack-weld a larger paddle/cam so that one could release the mag with your thumb just by pushing back.

Edited by deepsix

Word of warning to anyone wishing to change their barrel/bucking.

The hop unit is a VERY tight fit, takes some force to get it in and out of the gun.

Meanwhile, installed a 363mm Prommy barrel, Guarder clear bucking and SCS nub.

Seems to shoot well (across my garden anyway), still need a more consistent spring however.

Guarder SP90 = 300fps

Guarder SP100 = 380fps!

Current unknown spring = 314-317fps.

Ideally want a consistent 330fps.

EDIT: Also, added the rail on top. :)

Edited by Reppyboyo

I stuck with the stock hop bucking because it is such a nice tight fit. It's hardy, too - the amount of effort it took to get it off would have torn a Prommy or a Guarder ;). It's also got a decent ridge in it, although I suspect the Guarder one is similar.

Nice work on the rail - I couldn't live without a reflex sight on my 97B :)

I know what you mean about installing a new hop up bucking, the madbull would not fit into the chamber, ended up going with a different one.

Currently i have a:

Guarder SP90

Lonex 6.03mm Steel tight bore inner barrel

Lonex hop 50% hard bucking and nub (on the nub i hatted the fact that i was turning my adjustment wheel up to 8 or 9, so i rapped a prometheus soft nub around the hard nub, now i only turn the wheel up to about 3)

Shooting at .88 (303fps) to .91J (312fps), living in japan with the 1J law :shutup2: :shutup2:

Yea, i could not live without the top rail on my 97 ;) ;)

I always thought this sight would look cool on the 97/97b

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-fastfire-w-picatinny-mount-4-moa-dot-mat-fastfire-sight.html

Compact, reliable, water-proof and great value for a real-steel sight. I'm not sure, but I think they use this sight in MW2, didn't liked the game, I barely play it, but it does look a lot like this one. The price might be kind of steep for Airsoft, but, judging by the reviews all over the net, I would say it worth it.

This might be another interesting option:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/reviews/reviews-yukon-sightmark-reflex-sight-sm13001-2.html

It's like a doctor red-dot replica, but water/shock-proof and RS quality with a unmatchable price.

Edited by Zombie00