Real Sword Type 97

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure about the mags and rail issue, but in terms of upgrades, I normally shove in a Prommy tightbore, but I've found the most useful one is putting in a larger hop nub, as in my stock Type 97, I h

http://t97.ca/

Posted Images

anyone had feeding issues with the 97? i've got one here that feeds fine for the first few bb's then starts to jam.

Might be the mag, try pushing it up the magwell (some brand, like *cough*gay echo1*cough* tends to do that).

found the answer....looks like not 97's are built like a brick *suitcase* house.

IMG_2620.jpg

shredded piston, snapped gear shaft and broken spring guide.

You probably forgot to turn the spring guide into the correct position when you reinstalled the spring... that can be fatal because the spring can get caught in the gear and everything can blow up.

Good thing: RealSword sells all their internal parts.

Edited by adadqgg

May not have been his fault. Without opening my GB, it stripped itself. Wether this be because the people at RS didn't put it together properly, I can't be sure. My theory though, was the shorter, tankish type spring, would me more at will to put strong sideways pressure on the spring guide. When I took my broken gun apart the spring guide had snapped, causing the piston to jam backwards, and lose all it's teeth.

To go with my Type 97, I have bought a set of PLA camo while i was in HK.

IMG_0003.jpg

Ignore the terrible quality and the fact that one trouser cuff is tucked in and the other one isn't, i took a quick snap at the end of the game day after running around.

N.B Although the mag is in, there are no bbs in it, battery has been disconnected, gun is on safe and there are no rounds up the spout.

ok guys for info the gear and piston shredded because of the bb's used. switching to excel .2g solved the problem of mis-firing and took the strain away from the piston and gear.

The spring guide seems to be a bad design and I have seen 2 spring guides snap in the same way. I will probably recommend to the owner that he swaps the spring guide for a metal one as this will stop the base of the spring guide snapping off when he removes the rear of the gearbox to change the spring.

• 4 weeks later...

Only thing with the PLA look, is this is the export version of the rifle. The type 95 that the Chinese use, has different mags and magwell. Still, looks ace, and very individual.

Me and some other local comrades who do PLA loadouts (I am a Chinese, so it is natural) tend to hypnotize each other into thinking that it is a QBZ-95... we also NEVER look at the mags.

I covered my mags with tape. :D

Edited by adadqgg
  • 2 weeks later...

Standard V3 spring guide, as long as it has a removable baseplate. The ICS offering wont do it. I went Systema, not sure if the CA is removable or not.

As for grenade launchers. There's something in the manual about using them with a rifle grenade. Have you seen one with a grenade launcher, or do they just use rifle grenades in the field?

Edited by AnotherJesus

As for grenade launchers. There's something in the manual about using them with a rifle grenade. Have you seen one with a grenade launcher, or do they just use rifle grenades in the field?

I have contacted the RS International and they said that it is possible to attach a grenade launcher, but this would require some remodeling )))

But perhaps someone has already attached an M203 or GP-30 to Type97. Or not? smile.gif

The rumours are that RS intends to produce its own grenade launcher for Type97 but this is very uncertain.

Think that rumor is quite old, I would be surprised if we saw a 'nade launcher for the 97.

The 97 is a rare rifle to see in a skirmish as it is. (I still haven't seen another apart from my own 97B)

On another note, has anyone installed a MOSFET for their 97/B and have a tutorial?

Got an infected mosfet sitting about and thought I might as well give it some use.

Well, when I got this gun I ordered 2 spare mags at the same time. I've now given up using the 3 RS mags, as they have horrible feeding issues. Mostly caused by the double stacking of the mags, and the BB's seem to want to sit side by side, and grind slowly up the tube, or not move at all, as opposed to being staggered and feeding well like they should.

Got my hands on a TM mag earlier today anyway, and wondered if the internals could be swapped over for the nice finish on the RS mags, and the reliable feeding of the TM 68rd single stack lowcaps. They can :). Nothing exactly keeps the TM mags in the RS shell, apart from friction, but it took a fair amount of force to remove the innards once they were in. So I'll be doing that for sure.

Just got a 97b in and wanted to put a harder madbull shark rubber and fishbone spacer I have sitting around, but can't figure out how to get the hop out. I've gotten the mechbox out and undone the two screws that look to be holding the hop unit in place but it's still in there solid is there something else I have to do? I have not removed the gas block or any of the front end as the flash hider has been cranked on solid and I cannot get it off to remove anything else.

also tightbore barrels for the 97b, it's 330mm right? All the barrels I can find are ~300 or ~360mm anyone know someplace stateside that has a 330mm barrel for around $30-40?

Otherwise a great gun, came with a 9.6v battery but I have a ton of small 500 to 1000mah 11.1v lipos for my RC stuff that fit perfectly into the grip, so I'm going to re-wire it to micro 2r plugs, and I think I'll pick up a mosfet to put in there too...

Edited by frogfish