Real Sword Type 97

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure about the mags and rail issue, but in terms of upgrades, I normally shove in a Prommy tightbore, but I've found the most useful one is putting in a larger hop nub, as in my stock Type 97, I h

http://t97.ca/

Posted Images

I wanted to add, I modified some green label 'Star' P mags I had, all it takes is filing down a little nub and the mags still work perfectly in my M4s. They actually look pretty good in the 97b.

Thanks for the help on the hop, I'll get it out this afternoon, although I may wait until I can get a tighbore barrel. I like the spring swap mech it will make this thing viable for any type of play I encounter. I'll post up some chrono readings this afternoon as well. I got a new chrono too so this is a good excuse to use it.

Just got a 97b in and wanted to put a harder madbull shark rubber and fishbone spacer I have sitting around, but can't figure out how to get the hop out. I've gotten the mechbox out and undone the two screws that look to be holding the hop unit in place but it's still in there solid is there something else I have to do? I have not removed the gas block or any of the front end as the flash hider has been cranked on solid and I cannot get it off to remove anything else.

also tightbore barrels for the 97b, it's 330mm right? All the barrels I can find are ~300 or ~360mm anyone know someplace stateside that has a 330mm barrel for around $30-40?

Otherwise a great gun, came with a 9.6v battery but I have a ton of small 500 to 1000mah 11.1v lipos for my RC stuff that fit perfectly into the grip, so I'm going to re-wire it to micro 2r plugs, and I think I'll pick up a mosfet to put in there too...

It is held by friction.

Unfortunately, you need another barrel to put in the front to hammer it out.

Do not remove the gas block, it is unnecessary.

The barrel is a M4-length (363MM iirc), it was mentioned above somewhere.

Edited by adadqgg

frogfish, I had the same exact problem when I got my T97 full size. The thing with realsword barrels is they have an extremely tight tolerance of metal between the outer barrel and inner tightbore barrel. When they first install the tightbore, they spray the outside with silicone oil which almost gives it a suction to the outer barrel. I thought at first it was glued on, but I just kept wiggling and tugging with the hop-up unit and eventually the whole assembly came free. Of course I imagine you were probably worried breaking the damn thing (as was I) but everything was fine after I got it out.

Oh btw, I ordered mine through precision airsoft, and it got drop shipped from some distributor in Missouri. The flash hider was glued on, so I just used the boiling water method. Seemed to work, but still took a bit of elbow grease to free it off the end.

Edited by Diezel

Alright sounds good. I ordered a MadBull tightbore so hopefully it fits (was cheap).

I popped a few mags through it on the chrono today and noticed two things, you'll have to bear with me I have not owned an AEG and tinkered with it in about 5 years now (I'm a classic/GBBR guy).

first I had FPS fluctuations between 399-420, is this average? I'm hoping that the tightbore and hop-up setup I ordered will help narrow this range, but could this be an airseal or spring issue?

Second

I put it on my 11.1v lipos after re-wiring it to micro 2R plugs (basically a Deans plug that is about 1/4 the size of ultra plugs), and my 11.1vs get very hot. I ran it on my 7.4v with no trouble (both 20c), are these good to run on 11.1v batts? I've seen peple discussing them, but what I just saw does not look good. I'm sticking with the 7.4v as I have a mosfet that should increase trigger response time on the way.

Otherwise I'm quite happy with it, it shoots very far and is decently accurate for it's size.

EDIT: FPS variance is because I'm an idiot, the mag had a mix of .2 and .25 BBs.

Edited by frogfish

Ok so I now have the Type 97b I bought from Reptile house, now being a stupid *bramston pickle* I left the correct charger wire at my mates so can't charge it till Saturday.

How ever first impressions of the thing itself, yes a little rear heavy but personally found that quite nice, the overall weight is damn nice and the materials made make it pretty awesome.

I was quite happy to learn my Vietnam style mags seem to lock into place pretty well so hopefully will have no feed issues.

I will be replacing the funnel front with a silencer but that is a personal taste thing.

One minor complaint ... I think I will charge the battery in the compartment because the hassle of getting that bloody trigger arm to align correctly and actually close correctly was pretty annoying.

Alright, I installed a madbull 363mm tightbore, systema hop rubber, and a polar star SCS nub and got a considerable improvement in range it's looking like it's hitting a little over 200 ft. However on an guarder SP120 it's spitting BBs out at 450FPS w/.2g BB, a SP90 has it at 346.8 on the dot for ten shots in a row (data from Xcortech X3200). Now the stock spring is obviously stronger than a SP120, it has this thing up at 500 FPS, and all I did was seat a new hop-up rubber on a new tightbore, and install a better hop-nub (which was off for chrono testing).

It works great on 7.4v batteries I have so no worries there, I'm still waiting on my infected mosfet, but that's just shipping not them being slow or anything. I'm overall very impressed with this, and it feeds wonderfully on star pmags.

here's a shot for anyone who wants to see

DSC01207.jpg

Got the infected AB mosfet in, it gets kinda hot, but not too hot to touch so I think it's ok. Trigger response on a 7.4v is waaaayy up, and ROF on FA is very fast, about as fast as my 11.V before the mosfet. I have noticed now that the trigger is more sensitive to me releasing it after a trigger pull, I now have to let it reset before I pull again, not really a problem but I only encounter it in semi. Was pretty easy to install, took less than half an hour.

Got the infected AB mosfet in, it gets kinda hot, but not too hot to touch so I think it's ok. Trigger response on a 7.4v is waaaayy up, and ROF on FA is very fast, about as fast as my 11.V before the mosfet. I have noticed now that the trigger is more sensitive to me releasing it after a trigger pull, I now have to let it reset before I pull again, not really a problem but I only encounter it in semi. Was pretty easy to install, took less than half an hour.

where did u get it? or did I miss that post?

sorry I just basically followed someone's instructions earlier on in this thread, the trigger contacts are on the side of the mechbox so you don't need to tear down the MB to install it.

I got it from infectedarmory.com $25 shipped in the continental US.

Everything works very nicely I have some 7.4v 850mah lipos that fit in the grip perfectly so I just shove them in there and plug them in.

Edited by frogfish
  • 1 month later...

Will the season here is almost over so i decide to open the mechbox to see what has been going inside. The only wear and tear that i could find was the piston, see photo. Please remeber i have used the hell at of this AEG and the only battery has been a 11V lipo. So i a extreamly happy to see only the piston needed replacing, the price of a piston from ehobby is $9.99 each :)

All the gears, shims and bushings look new.

post-66130-12897067885675_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that's not even all that bad, is the piston not a standard type?

Basically a standard V3 piston, but with a cutaway at the top to allow for the quick detach mechanism. I'm fairly confident you could fit a normal V3 piston to this, with slight modifications. Although I've not tried. The RS pistons are cheap enough anyway. Very good material as well. Maybe not the best if you're doing some crazy FPS or ROF, but I'm happy with them for normal use.

Edit: Just visually checked it against a normal piston. It seems to be longer on the front, like it's already been shimmed for angle of engagement (although it hasn't). Nothing I'm sure you couldn't replicate with a couple of washers and a longer screw for the piston head. May as well do the AOE while you're there.

Edited by AnotherJesus

As of now I find only the hop-up is a problem: TOO tight...lol

Airseal is perfect but I broke mine when pulling out the barrel due to how fat the stock hop-up bucking was.

Now it is not sitting in well enough and gets me jams on KWA 2G bucking (the lip of the bucking is incorrectly placed so bb cannot go through).

Good thing is: stock hop-up is really cheap on Ehobbyasia, just like the piston.

Edited by adadqgg