Real Sword Type 97

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure about the mags and rail issue, but in terms of upgrades, I normally shove in a Prommy tightbore, but I've found the most useful one is putting in a larger hop nub, as in my stock Type 97, I h

http://t97.ca/

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

So, did anyone have semi-auto problem after installing the Infected Armory MOSFET?

I am getting lock-ups when I do not release the trigger slow enough... (also has to do with fitting the battery and mosfet completely within the gun itself...but that should not be a big problem because the only thing slightly annoying is that wires are increasing the trigger pull weight by friction).

That was running on a half-charge from Elite 1500mah 9.6v custom battery(not the type RS has on their website, I moved a cell from the 3-pack to the front to make room for the mosfet).

Edited by adadqgg

So, did anyone have semi-auto problem after installing the Infected Armory MOSFET?

I am getting lock-ups when I do not release the trigger slow enough... (also has to do with fitting the battery and mosfet completely within the gun itself...but that should not be a big problem because the only thing slightly annoying is that wires are increasing the trigger pull weight by friction).

That was running on a half-charge from Elite 1500mah 9.6v custom battery(not the type RS has on their website, I moved a cell from the 3-pack to the front to make room for the mosfet).

When i installed my fet, i had to open the mechbx to clean out the switch due to some of the plastic sticking to each other. I sidder my own wires to the switch and may over heated them a bit. This caused some sticking for me.

When i installed my fet, i had to open the mechbx to clean out the switch due to some of the plastic sticking to each other. I sidder my own wires to the switch and may over heated them a bit. This caused some sticking for me.

Hmm...

Very probable.

Will check it out when I get back home tomorrow.

Thanks.

If you take apart the switch be careful, there's a small spring in there and its easy to lose or not see and you will have reattach it to the mechbox..

I know that one.

I have it taped because last time it took 10 minutes to attach it...

• 1 year later...

So .. little bit of necro .. and it is possible these things may of been mentioned some where back but there may also be a better set of options now.

Right I have acquired myself a lovely Type 97 again :D .. I am most happy.

But advice would be useful in terms of what upgrades people would suggest (having had a 97B in the past I found it pretty awesome OOTB) but is there things people would suggest?

My other questions, I want to attach a rail to the side .. this looks pretty simple but every rail set I look at (been looking at G36c rail sets) shows bolts / screws (please excuse me I suffer from stupidity) and the rails but it looks like they essentially just screw into pre-existing holes rather than being bolted on. Is there any rail sets people would point out to me that say would attach to the hand guard section of the Type 97 via say the already cut vent holes.

Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Beta Pmags, anyone used them before and if so do they fit fine / any modification needed?

Not sure about the mags and rail issue, but in terms of upgrades, I normally shove in a Prommy tightbore, but I've found the most useful one is putting in a larger hop nub, as in my stock Type 97, I had to adjust the hop dial to 8-9, whereas with th new hop nub (I'm currently using a Madbull blue 60 hop nub and rubber) I only have to turn it to about 3-4.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I also own a type 97 and have found it to be highly reliable in use.

With a minor mod ( removal of the small plastic tab in the hand guard the gun will happily take a 1300 7.4 lipo or an 1100 11.1 lipo with no problems. Have also seen modded 11.1 battery's with extended wiring fitted into the foregrip and pistol grip as a nun chuck type fitment

Lack of a front ris is something I am going to solve as my main gripe with the gun

The standard barrel is a 605 and is the first thing I changed on mine as the range and groupings were not as good as I liked and also fitted a guarder clear hop rubber and nub at the same time

Now it fires as it should with a respectable range and accuracy equaling my tm aug with no problems

Do find getting used to the gun takes a while especially the undersized mag release button

But apart from that a v v good gun for urban and woodland

9 out of 10 for marks due to the sheer quality of these guns inside and out !

If it had come with a tightbore and the lipo mod done it would have earned 10 out of 10 easily ..

I'm looking into re-acquiring the Type 97 again, modding it with rails and 1300 LiPo.

Also, playing with the idea of removing the rearsight ( which I find useless for myself ) and welding in a MP5 sight or something.

Perhaps I look into getting the switch replaced by a mosfet/microswitch on PCB combo.... If I have the patience.

Have just played with my friends modded up 97 and what a revelation !

He has basically nicked the gearset and motor from a 97 b and plonked it into the 97

The difference in rate of fire is astounding on an 11.1 lipo as is the improvement in trigger response and it is still hitting 328 fps with roughly 22 / 25 bbs rate of fire . The accuracy has improved on auto and it hasn't adversely affected single shot either . Definitely gonna go down this route with my own 97 but am going to change out the 97 motor for something a bit more aggressive than than the 97 b one

Have just played with my friends modded up 97 and what a revelation !

He has basically nicked the gearset and motor from a 97 b and plonked it into the 97

The difference in rate of fire is astounding on an 11.1 lipo as is the improvement in trigger response and it is still hitting 328 fps with roughly 22 / 25 bbs rate of fire . The accuracy has improved on auto and it hasn't adversely affected single shot either . Definitely gonna go down this route with my own 97 but am going to change out the 97 motor for something a bit more aggressive than than the 97 b one

• 3 months later...

necro....

this is my battery solution for the RS Type 97 - repost from my home forums

the realsword type 97 is one of the better airsoft guns i have had yet, but the main letdown is the battery capacity. you can either get the funky 3 piece nunchuck from RS ( i got one and i cannot figure out how to put it in) or a 11.1v 1100 mah stick (a bit of a rip @49bux from ASGC). but to me thats simply not enough, so it was off to hobby city i go. i spend waay too much time on the website with the measurements and finally found one that would fit, the turnigy nano-tech 7.4v 950mah and so i ordered one, i also had hopes that a 7.4v 1200mah split nunchuck would fit so i ordered that too. but in the end only the 950mah would fit - and suprisingly i found out that you can get two of them in there, and parallel them up i would have 1900mah which is far more respectable. this is how i got it to fit

one in the compartment inside the handguard - on the left side of the handguard there is a bar that connects the trigger to the mechbox

EQcXAl.jpg

and the second one will therefore fit in the handgrip(11.1v 1100mah for reference, havent got a second one yet)

7Pr5nl.jpg

this is the battery that fits, need two of them @5.60USD each from hobbyking, still way cheaper than the 11.1v 1100mah

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=20388

Two ways to lipo the 97 one works for the b as well . If you cut out the small tab of plastic inside the handgrip a 7.4 1300 battery fits straight into the handgrip on the 97 and b variant . Or if you want 11.1 power get a nun chuck lipo and extend the link cables which then allows one battery to sit in the handgrip and the other in the foregrip . , this Dosnt work in the b variant though as its tighter in the foregrip area . Another option on the 97 is to fit a peq box in front of the carry handle by mounting a magpul short ris rail in the upper foregrip vents . And feeding the standard loom to it . can house most bigger 11.1 battery's and also can incorporate a torch or laser or both depending on the peq box type .

• 2 months later...

Just picked up an 11.1 lipo battery 1100mah that fits perfectly into the handgrip . And by sheer fluke fits the pdw99 . Am now using a guarder clear hop set and a madbull 603 tightbore and with . 25 bbs the range has increased quite a bit . Am accurately hitting 60 Mtrs with this gun now .

Just picked up an 11.1 lipo battery 1100mah that fits perfectly into the handgrip . And by sheer fluke fits the pdw99 . Am now using a guarder clear hop set and a madbull 603 tightbore and with . 25 bbs the range has increased quite a bit . Am accurately hitting 60 Mtrs with this gun now .

Whats your FPS on your 97?