Real Sword Type 97

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure about the mags and rail issue, but in terms of upgrades, I normally shove in a Prommy tightbore, but I've found the most useful one is putting in a larger hop nub, as in my stock Type 97, I h

http://t97.ca/

Posted Images

You can buy a lipo which fits in the grip without modification to the AEG. There's one here.

Mine had a very poor ROF on an 8.4v, so I use an 11.1v in a bag. Not to everyone's taste, but it gets the job done and there's no fiddling about with battery fitment. Plus, I can't see it in use as it's facing away from me :)

On mine(regular length Type 97), I can fit a custom 9.6v-12v inside the gun, no bags.

Just need to be careful with the placement of wires.

Bags look fugly.

Realsword has a guide on their website about how to install the battery, and that shows the 12v battery being fitted inside a Type 97(regular).

Edited by adadqgg
I have been asked about the mod for the PEQ15 Red Laser & Li-Po battery.

Here is a picture of where i plan on mounting it

That's a really good idea. I guess you could just drill through and bolt it on.

On mine(regular length Type 97), I can fit a custom 9.6v-12v inside the gun, no bags.

Just need to be careful with the placement of wires.

Bags look fugly.

Yeah - it's a tough call. Ideally I'd go bagless, but there's no way I can be bothered with the cost of a custom battery or going back to using a nimh. I'm afraid I chose performance and ease over aesthetics - although I think wilekcmc's idea has promise.

For those of you that have been waiting on y mod for the PEQ15 Red Laser & Li-Po battery here it is.

1. You will need a small rail like the one shown in my picture, a battery box, a drill, drill bits and wire.

2. Mark where you want your holes drilled and double/triple check to make sure they line up with the rail and battery box.

3. Drill your holes, mount the rail, battery box and rewire your AEG for what ever type of battery you choice.

Here are some pictures:

gallery_66130_1680_12744.jpg

gallery_66130_1680_14247.jpg

gallery_66130_1680_5889.jpg

gallery_66130_1680_28386.jpg

Weird. They must have changed the length of the T97 rubber since I bought mine. I think I claimed earlier in the thread that my T97 rubber was longer than standard. However, I too measured against a Prometheus purple and it was about the same length.

Did your FPS remain constant with the change of hop rubber?

Weird. They must have changed the length of the T97 rubber since I bought mine. I think I claimed earlier in the thread that my T97 rubber was longer than standard. However, I too measured against a Prometheus purple and it was about the same length.

Did your FPS remain constant with the change of hop rubber?

The FPS wont matter because everything is going to change now with these upgrades;

SP90, rewired it with 16 awd silicon wire, new soft hop up and the PEQ15 Red Laser & 11v lipo.

But i will try it with a 9.6v for you and see what happens.

My goal is to get as close to 300FPS as i can, 328 FPS is the limit here.

Have you done any mods to yours?

All I've done to mine after a good deal of use and reflection is fit a Prometheus 509mm tightbore, change the hop nub for a bigger, firmer one and fit a new Prometheus spring.

I went for the tightbore, as my T97's groupings weren't tight enough with the stock barrel. The nub has been added as I was literally dialling the hop all the way on to get a good trajectory. I changed the spring as the one I received had been clipped and I prefer whole springs - just to rule out any inconsistencies.

I'll see how it performs this Sunday, before making any more adjustments. I was going to install a Prometheus soft rubber, but I want to see if the larger nub improves performance first.

Edit: oh - and I'm using an 11.1v lipo. Gives a nice ROF. Intimidating, but not silly :)

Edited by The Reptile House

One thing I don't think I saw mentioned in your review, Wilekcmc. It's going to sound weird but... how does it smell?

I just got my Type 56 today. Being the owner of a TM AK, the one biggest difference is that the Type 56 SMELLS like a gun. Sorry, I am a weirdo like that. But the smell is glorious. :D

One thing I don't think I saw mentioned in your review, Wilekcmc. It's going to sound weird but... how does it smell?

I just got my Type 56 today. Being the owner of a TM AK, the one biggest difference is that the Type 56 SMELLS like a gun. Sorry, I am a weirdo like that. But the smell is glorious. :D

If i can stop laughing, and get the stupid grin off my face :shutup2::whistling::offtopic2: LOL

It smells like machine oil, the inside of the gun was soaked in it.

Actually yeah I agree the RS 56 and 97 smells like a well oiled gun.

The only other airsoft gun that had the same smell was that of a WA M92FS PV.

Though trying to use CLP/CLR on it doesn't seem to make the smell come back, perhaps its a particular type of gun oil?

• 2 weeks later...

Before i start this off, I need to thank Golgo 13 for installing a AB Mosfet to my T97, the reason for this is the lipo 11.1V battery was causing a double fire on semi auto.

Will my final upgrades to the AEG are finished, the ab mosfet, upgrade wiring, 90SP and lipo 11.1V battery.

The 90SP shoots between 289 to 300fps, still in legal limits for Japan (1J Law)

Now for the ROF with different batteries:

NIHM 9.6V = 15 Rounds Per Second

Lipo 7.4V = 12 Rounds Per Second

Lipo 11.1V = 20 Rounds Per Second

Here is the sound bite for this and they are interesting numbers, the only thing left to due is wait for the snow to melt and get this thing on the field.

gallery_66130_1680_92572.jpg

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the T97's ROF is a bit poor with the stock motor, sub 11.1. In fairness though, it is meant for pulling massive springs ;) . I think for an SP90 I'd choose a different motor and drop down to 7.4 - it's something I'd consider when the motor goes in mine.

I disagree. The balance of trigger response(torque)/ROF with the RS motor is great.

This T97 in particular is running so smoothly, it would be a shame to F*ck with it. It snaps out bb's as fast as you can pull the trigger. 20 rps is good to go. He is already going to have to change mags every 5 seconds as it is. ;)

I disagree. The balance of trigger response(torque)/ROF with the RS motor is great.

This T97 in particular is running so smoothly, it would be a shame to F*ck with it. It snaps out bb's as fast as you can pull the trigger. 20 rps is good to go. He is already going to have to change mags every 5 seconds as it is. ;)

I don't disagree that the stock motor runs great on an 11.1 - mine does too :)

What I meant was that if the OP wanted to drop down to 7.4, it would be a good idea to run a faster motor, given that he's only using an SP90 spring.

Edited by The Reptile House