Airsoft Ruger 10/22

dark2023

I have noticed that there are not enough airsoft guns that resemble "normal" guns.

So I decided that I am going to make an airsoft version of the Ruger 10/22 (bicentennial) rifle.

Here are some pics of the real steel (er...well, wood)

post-44398-1264127232_thumb.jpg

post-44398-1264127287_thumb.jpg

post-44398-1264127392_thumb.jpg

I'm just wondering what base gun I should (buy) use for this build.

the weapon is semi auto so I'll need my base gun to be either gas, or and AEG, I'm a big fan of blow back so if there is a GBB that you think might work PLEASE tell me about it.

Tanio Koba used to make a GBB version 10/22 that was said to be a mid-range tack driver. But I really haven't seen one for sale in about 7+ years in the US.

MGC made an NBB version even longer ago, and someone in classicairsoft.net might have one for sale.

http://www.modelguncollector.co.uk/index_air.html

I brought one from this site 7ish years ago.

Doesn't look like they have any stock available.

Unfortunately the MGC version were not very good and required a lot of upgrading to get them on par with say a VSR.

Mine shot around 400fps but accuracy was pants due to the lack of hop up.

I may well use the maruzen it does seem a nice option, though I still wonder if it is small enough, I thoughts skorpians were about as large as a mac10.

And yes, I have handled a real one, the first 2 pictures are taken by me of my actual real steel ruger that I'm attempting to recreate in Airsoft version. Partially as an homage, partially because I like the ruger and would like to have a replica one that wont kill people if I shoot them, and partially because I want to impress the people at my local airsoft field with my custom built weapon.

Archived