SocomGear M9A1

You have attempted to contact JAGprecision or simply trying a TM hop-up sleeve? I'm not sure if they're the same, but I was always under the impression that WE GBBs were TM Clones.

I opened the gun up and was looking for the hopup under the screw, once i opened the split "metal hopup" i found a sliver of green rubber. This is the hopup. I contacted both WE tech and SOCOM gear, waiting to see what they say AFTER they told me to contact the other company AFTER both companies said they don't "deal" with "repairs" but its not a repair issue, i need a replacement part. Such dumb*fruitcage*s i swear.

Again, did you compare it to the TM sleeves? It may just be upgrade time.

Sorry if i didn't make this clear, but the TM "sleeve" in the Socom M9 is not the hop-up, its merely a buffer. The actual "Bucking" sits ON the metal inner barrel and its a SLIVER of RUBBER. I cannot find this thing anywhere.

Sorry if i didn't make this clear, but the TM "sleeve" in the Socom M9 is not the hop-up, its merely a buffer. The actual "Bucking" sits ON the metal inner barrel and its a SLIVER of RUBBER. I cannot find this thing anywhere.

Have you tried calling jagprecision? I tried them for the thread adapter, and they were dodgy, but they did mention that they would have the other replacent parts needed, like hop-up sleeves and all.

AliceHKfan-Yeah...the system they used is too strange, since some people complained of the thread adapters just falling off during shooting, since they didn't mold the barrel as one piece, or make a QD design.

euroa123-Thanks, more to come as I get new things! ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, so there may be a few of you guys who have broken your thread adapters, or for some other reason, wanted a replacement, well...JAGPrecision now offers a replacement. I believe that the OEM replacement is free (don't quote me on this) and they offer a second option, which is a steel part for a bit more money. I sprung for the steel option:

DSC01381.jpg

(The one on the left is the stock one, the one on the right is the newer steel replacement)

DSC01382.jpg

When the OEM one was placed against the magnetic motor, it just fell.

DSC01383.jpg

Steel one stuck to the motor, PROOF!

Now as for my reasoning on getting a replacement. I initially removed the stock thread adapter to sand it down and recolor it black. I figured that I would use aluminum black, and being the nub I was, I dunked the part in aluminum black for roughly five minutes. Well, that wound up chewing up the threads on the barrel side, so the adapter just fell off upon the first shot. The replacement that I got was black, so it was good to go. I decided to thread lock (with temporary/blue thread lock) the adapter to the suppressor, so that the M9 would have a cleaner look if I decided to go without the suppressor.

DSC01384.jpg

Have you tried calling jagprecision? I tried them for the thread adapter, and they were dodgy, but they did mention that they would have the other replacent parts needed, like hop-up sleeves and all.

No havent yet dude. But the hopup is a sliver of plastic and from what ive found is its what the TM models used to be, so they dont make these. Sadly im just selling the pistol. Thinking of the KWA KP45, TM Glock Series or KJW P229. .

• 2 months later...

It is a reliable gun, though I cannot really say if it is realistic, at least in terms of performance. I can say that it feels great and solid. It also shoots great and gets good range. What I did find strange about the gun however, was that the selector switch has 3 positions, semi, semi, and safe. I have no clue as to why the second semi notch is there, but it's there. The gun also lacks a functional decocking feature, which was kind of a let down for me. Otherwise, it's a great gun, and due to the perfect fitment of the gun in my Safariland holster, I suspect that it is either exactly the same dimensions of a real M9, or extremely close. Hope this helps ;)