24th January at SWAT Urban

GuzziHero

I arrived on site well early dressed in my detective gear (got a fair few looks :D), parked the bike up and was immediately impressed by the layout of the safe area. All the staff had jobs, there was no wandering around looking aimless. The booking in and chrono procedure was slick and well set up, and it was pleasant to have a marshal remind me to put on safety glasses before entering the chrono area, showing that they are conscientious and well-trained.

After having my guns Okayed, I decided to play with my Marui M3 shotgun and switch to the Marui P90 later if I felt out-gunned.

In the safezone of course everyone was preparing themselves for the days gaming but I felt a good vibe. Ive been to sites before where you immediately feel out of place, none of that at SWAT.

It didnt take long till I was chatting with folks like Id known them for ages. On the red side, I hooked up with Team Strike who helped me out plenty of times throughout the day as I got used to the layout. In fact, everyone on both sides were friendly and chatty, there was no team hostility at all and everything was taken in good nature.

The marshals...can't praise them enough. They were always close to the action and not bundled in groups talking like another site I could mention. A couple of times I was unsure whether someone had taken hits, and the marshals were right on it like true professionals.

I was really pleased that most of the marshals took the time out to chat with me. I am always worried about how I come across cos I talk so damn much. But all the marshals were cheerful and took the time to make me feel welcome. In fact I feel I made plenty of new friends today.

Using the M3 shotgun, I was a little outgunned outdoors but there were plenty of places where I could draw the blues to me and get some shots in. And indoors, I had a bloody riot :D

I'll certainly be back soon, I really enjoyed it :)

Oh, I got pagga'd a fair few times myself :D I will say though that I didnt feel any real overkill at all, all day. There were some really good fast-semi bursts, but noone took it over the top.

I had an utter blast in that kitchen :D I got the feeling people were getting fed up of the shotgun though - in the CQB block in the afternoon, one lad shouted "I cant believe he got me again!".

Hope to see you again soon, Im booked in for the 14th so as long as the weather is OK coming out I'll be there.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived