Fobus Sig P226 double mag holder/pouch.

After accidentally buying two TM P226's and then a shedload of mags for them, I was looking for a few ways that I could stash my mags without making use of the multitude of pockets I find about my person at a skirmish but was also easily accessable and would look good. Afterall, looking good is why we play airsoft, isn't it? :huh:

My search led me to Fobus! Specifically the 6909 that holds the Sig P226 mags.

They cost me £15 a pop.

fobusreview4.jpg

fobusreview1.jpg

The holder is a lovely little paddle design for a belt kit that is open topped, allowing easy access to your mags. Drawing them and changing mags is easy, much easier in the middle of a game than playing with a velcro flap.

fobusreview2.jpg

The holder is of a typically rugged design with a matt black finish that doesn't feel cheap, like some other plastic mag pouch products I have used. The construction of the holder/pouch is good with solid riveting.

fobusreview3.jpg

The holder stays on your belt due to the shape of the paddle which allows a slot for a large belt. I've tried it with a few belts now, from a viper (urgh) tactical belt, a rigger belt and a Soviet army belt to name a few and it has stayed on perfectly fine through rough and very active gameplay. I was shocked because it can easily be removed simply by pulling the actually holder away from the paddle and unhooking it. A red rubber pad on the back of the paddle helps to ensure it stays in one place aswell by basically sticking to your clothing and stopping it sliding around.

fobusreview5.jpg

I was worried that with it being open topped, that the mags would come out during gameplay but this hasn't happened to me yet. The mags are held in place by a bit of plastic that is sprung inward to grip the mag and it works suprisingly well.

All in all, I think it is a fantastic bit of kit that I find myself using every game whilst in the UK. With a vast range of molle based mag pouches out there on the market, there are certainly alot more versatile pieces of kit available but for a belt kit, the fobus 6909 just simply works well with my P226 mags and fits my needs perfectly.

;)

Im glad i just checked this section fo the forums, iv just orderd one :) Cheers for the review!

Just a quick Q, does it sit well? With some paddle holsters iv owned they seemd to have dug in a bit...i suppose these should be relativly comfortable though considering there quite small...right?