WE KIMBER Desert Warrior!

chas

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The WE comes very close to the Kimber original, Sights are different. WE low profile, Kimber has Novaks.

The Marui model is a fantasy mix out of a railed 1911 5" frame (with stupidly screwed rail solution) and a Hicapa 4.3 slide. Stupidty in perfection in my eyes.

WE also has a direct copy of the Marui 1911/Hicapa/Warrior mix. But I guess the WE Kimber copy shown above will be way more popular.

I can't understand why dozens of companies try to copy the same model instead of creating variety of models.

I personally will look into the KWAs, too. Seem to be promissing though not originally marked at all.

The Knighthawk is a Custom WE, so to say, like standard WA Magna to a SCW version. The WE MEU is a standard WE. The Knighthawk specially built by WETTI with high flow system. Don't ask me for differences. No idea. But the quality was evidently better on the Knighthawk.

Kimber models will be a pritty big problem for Germany regarding licenses. I guess there wouldn't be too much options for marked slides for the PTP KWA series as they don't seem to have a reverence with KSC. But if slides happen to be available I'd be very glad to be wrong. ;)

Supposedly, WEs have gone a long way in the last 5 or so years, with the latest MEUs and Knighthawk being pretty good, apparentely. I should be getting the 4.3 DW soon, so Ill let you know.

Well my SOCOMgear/WE M.E.U works fine out of the box and has pretty good accuracy, it currently sports a custom made 220mm TB and shoots quite hard. Reliability wise it's a great gun, never gave me a problem till this day. It's not perfect though as some parts have a bit of poor fit/finish ( although it doesn't affect performance/reliability ) and the stock hop-up is a bit wonky but after putting a firefly hop rubber and do the tradicional teflon mod, it works quite nice now.

The Achilles' heel of the replica, and well almost all WE's, are the magazines. How my god how they suck, bad seals, bad finish ... bad everywhere!

The Knighthawk is a Custom WE, so to say, like standard WA Magna to a SCW version. The WE MEU is a standard WE. The Knighthawk specially built by WETTI with high flow system. Don't ask me for differences. No idea. But the quality was evidently better on the Knighthawk.

WETTI guns are just WE guns with major marketing, fairy dust and trademarks. They don't have "custom" design or internals.

Trigger is definitely a regular 1911 short one. If you like the 3-hole one, you can get a 5KU for cheap. They are compatible with Marui Hi-Capa and MEU style clones.

Although the new WE 1911 still have Hi_capa internals, the new ones have a new system that gives them a bit stronger blowback. Mags are still the same, though (not that I care, as I dont play anymore: I just buy junk, shoot it a few times and sell it on).

Trigger is definitely a regular 1911 short one. If you like the 3-hole one, you can get a 5KU for cheap. They are compatible with Marui Hi-Capa and MEU style clones.

Although the new WE 1911 still have Hi_capa internals, the new ones have a new system that gives them a bit stronger blowback. Mags are still the same, though (not that I care, as I dont play anymore: I just buy junk, shoot it a few times and sell it on).

So does that mean poorer gas consumption?

I mean, my old Hi-Capa couldn't fire off more than 15 rounds.

Why doesn't WE just lighten their slides? Save them money, and less sluggish-ness.

Well, I have seen NUMEROUS WE owners use TM MEU mags. So yes. TM was just smart when designing the mag. It looks single stack, but hold a lot more.

Sorry :blush::blush:

My friends are idiots. I just texted the few of them I was talking about. They thought WE and TM were the same company <_<<_<

AGain, sorry. They use regular WE mags

Archived