WE KIMBER Desert Warrior!

chas

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great, an airsoft replica that's just as over-rated as the real gun it's copying.

WE's pistols suck. Kimber is WAY over rated.

Yes, because airsofters buy their toy-guns based on the real guns performance. That's why we own so many M4's.

Oh, and remember how Classic Army used to suck?

And so on. Why is it always the same ######? You havent even held it in your hands and you're already putting it down.

but yet i have a WE Hi-capa and a 1911 and they both handle floorlessly (and i"m not the only one this has happened too) , so "you pays ya money ya takes ya chances" i"d have one . and as has been stated were airsofters its all about the look eny way ! :gun:

Yes, because airsofters buy their toy-guns based on the real guns performance. That's why we own so many M4's.

Oh, and remember how Classic Army used to suck?

And so on. Why is it always the same ######? You havent even held it in your hands and you're already putting it down.

Yes, I do remember how CA used to suck and I still don't trust them.

I wouldn't go so far as to say CA still sucks, but I still don't trust them, and would not buy one unless it were something I can't get elsewhere AND I intended to gut it and replace all the internals (especially wiring) with known good parts.

While it's true that I have not seen, held, shot the gun in question in person I have seen, held, shot every GBB WE has previously released and they were/are all rubbish. There is no reason that I would think that this gun will be any different.

Add to that the fact that you can see manufacturing flaws in the photos...It's not likely that this model will be the one that they finally get right.

Until WE puts out a GBB that is NOT rubbish, I'm going to continue to make the assumption that their new models will be just as poor as the previous ones.

I hope they DO start to put out quality products, but I'm certainly not going to hold my breath.

While it's true that I have not seen, held, shot the gun in question in person I have seen, held, shot every GBB WE has previously released and they were/are all rubbish. There is no reason that I would think that this gun will be any different.

Add to that the fact that you can see manufacturing flaws in the photos...It's not likely that this model will be the one that they finally get right.

Until WE puts out a GBB that is NOT rubbish, I'm going to continue to make the assumption that their new models will be just as poor as the previous ones.

I hope they DO start to put out quality products, but I'm certainly not going to hold my breath.

So following your tought patern i should just quit playing airsoft because i've seen many broken replicas from pretty much most airsoft brands ( at least all major ones ), either by owning them or just because i repaired one at some point ?

They break, some of them break easier than others but they ALL break eventually. Point is, i currently have 4 WE's on my gun colection ( and that's just a tiny part of it ) and they all function perfectly and never broke.

Now .. if you wanna talk about WE's mags, that's a different story all together :D

So following your tought patern i should just quit playing airsoft because i've seen many broken replicas from pretty much most airsoft brands ( at least all major ones ), either by owning them or just because i repaired one at some point ?

They break, some of them break easier than others but they ALL break eventually. Point is, i currently have 4 WE's on my gun colection ( and that's just a tiny part of it ) and they all function perfectly and never broke.

Now .. if you wanna talk about WE's mags, that's a different story all together :D

I'm not saying that at all.

Yes, of course all gun break eventually, but from my experience "eventually" for WE GBBs is after firing 10-15 magazines (sometimes less).

I've even replaced the ENTIRE BB assembly on no less than 15 WE GBBs with new factory WE parts and every one of them refused to operate correctly. Some of that may very well be attributed to the magazines, but it still supports my opinion the WE's GBBs suck.

You have a few that work, great. I'm glad yours work, but I think you're in the minority on that.

My TM 5.1 Hi-Capa has fired about 10,000 rounds through it (using Green Gas) and it still runs flawlessly. My other TM GBBs also have several thousand rounds through them & they still run like the day I purchased them. I've never seen a WE make it through even 1,000 rounds w/o failing.

I'm not saying that at all.

Yes, of course all gun break eventually, but from my experience "eventually" for WE GBBs is after firing 10-15 magazines (sometimes less).

I've even replaced the ENTIRE BB assembly on no less than 15 WE GBBs with new factory WE parts and every one of them refused to operate correctly. Some of that may very well be attributed to the magazines, but it still supports my opinion the WE's GBBs suck.

You have a few that work, great. I'm glad yours work, but I think you're in the minority on that.

My TM 5.1 Hi-Capa has fired about 10,000 rounds through it (using Green Gas) and it still runs flawlessly. My other TM GBBs also have several thousand rounds through them & they still run like the day I purchased them. I've never seen a WE make it through even 1,000 rounds w/o failing.

Fair point, you don't like or don't trust WE's because you had failures with them, completely valid reason. But why come to a *new* gun thread, with no usage reports from users and say "it's ######" just because you or anybody else had past problems with a gun from this particular manufacturer ? And i don't consider myself on the minority, not only i'm just one of quite a few owners of WE's on my team but i get plenty reports from happy WE users ( i actually bought my SOCOMgear M.E.U based on very positive "reviews" from member of my local airsoft community ), but that's not even the issue here.

I mean, i don't go to every new WA based guns just because all my past WA guns i owned were basically all POS's ?

I've had no problems with my regular WE Kimber, I don't know if I need another though.

For all the folks that feel the need to to tell me their sad story that's fine, but I think the Eagles said it best.

Its like going to confession every time I hear you speak

You're makin the most of your losin streak

Some call it sick, but I call it weak

You drag it around like a ball and chain

You wallow in the guilt; you wallow in the pain

You wave it like a flag, you wear it like a crown

Got your mind in the gutter, bringin everybody down

Complain about the present and blame it on the past

I'd like to find your inner child and kick it's little *albatross*

Fair point, you don't like or don't trust WE's because you had failures with them, completely valid reason. But why come to a *new* gun thread, with no usage reports from users and say "it's ######" just because you or anybody else had past problems with a gun from this particular manufacturer ? And i don't consider myself on the minority, not only i'm just one of quite a few owners of WE's on my team but i get plenty reports from happy WE users ( i actually bought my SOCOMgear M.E.U based on very positive "reviews" from member of my local airsoft community ), but that's not even the issue here.

I mean, i don't go to every new WA based guns just because all my past WA guns i owned were basically all POS's ?

And you like WEs, that's fine. Like I said, I'm glad yours (and your mate's) work. Although you admitted earlier that it's not stock (TB barrel & firefly hop-packing). Any gun that you NEED to replace parts on right away to make function well is NOT a good gun IMHO.

Perhaps I should just point out what I saw in the photos that leads me to believe this new model will be no better than the older models...

1. The hammer has quite obvious pitting in the metal, due to improper casting.

2. The frame has not been properly de-burred, this is most evident on the right side of the frame, around the hole for the slide stop.

If the externals are cast/finished that poorly why should I think the internals would be done any better?

Now some people will surely argue that I'm being a picky twat, but so be it. Also, some will make the argument that "well, it's metal so it's better"...Personally I'll take a high quality plastic gun over a low quality metal one any day. Especially when the plastic gun will run circles around the metal one.

For me, ultimately, it's about performance & reliability. You can't get those things without quality.

Archived