Benefit of a GBB

Gator_Pharmer

I have a G&P woc m4a1, i love it, i have only 1mag for it at the moment, it wasn't a problem at all during a skirm... And it was snowing that day, it was awesome :-D

I prefer the gbb over my aeg anytime, ok they need more maintenance, but it's far more easier than with a aeg... And it has a decent recoil while all the blowback aeg's dont even nodge at a decent power :D .

Greets Michaël

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everybody should own at least one GBB rifle.

However, I'd never suggest anybody buys one as their ONLY rifle.

I think there's a whole different dynamic about handguns compared to primary weapons.

With your handgun you'll probably have 2 or 3 spare mags for it, all which take a fairly small amount of gas, and you probably won't use it very much, if at all, and when you DO use it the chances are that you'll be shooting way less ammo than you would with your primary.

With your primary weapon you'll have maybe 8 or 10 mags (at around $50 a pop) full of enough gas to empty a $10 cannister to give you the same firepower as $15 of midcaps gives an AEG owner.

You'll be shooting the gun all day, getting through hundreds of BBs and this all adds wear to the gun.

AEGs ARE fairly dull, boring, soulless items but they are VERY efficient at slinging BBs downrange with minimal maintenance, adjustment or expense.

I don't think there's a sane person on these forums who'd try and suggest that they own a GBB (pistol or rifle) that can fire anywhere near as many shots as an AEG with no dramas.

And, yes. That DOES include classics.

Basically, I love using my GBBR in semi-only or limited ammo games.

Those restrictions help level the field somewhat.

Although I like to enjoy myself when skirmishing I don't enjoy putting myself at a deliberate disadvantage to almost everybody else on the site.

It's kinda like using realcap mag's.

Sure, they DO make the game fun if everybody is using them but if you're the only person using them you're just putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Like I say, I think everybody should own at least one GBB rifle.

I just don't think it's smart to rely on one all the time.

I have a G&P woc m4a1, i love it, i have only 1mag for it at the moment, it wasn't a problem at all during a skirm... And it was snowing that day, it was awesome :-D

I prefer the gbb over my aeg anytime, ok they need more maintenance, but it's far more easier than with a aeg... And it has a decent recoil while all the blowback aeg's dont even nodge at a decent power :D .

Greets Michaël

So what temperature was you playing in? Everbody keeps tell me that GBB's dont work in the cold..

I think everybody should own at least one GBB rifle.

However, I'd never suggest anybody buys one as their ONLY rifle.

I think there's a whole different dynamic about handguns compared to primary weapons.

With your handgun you'll probably have 2 or 3 spare mags for it, all which take a fairly small amount of gas, and you probably won't use it very much, if at all, and when you DO use it the chances are that you'll be shooting way less ammo than you would with your primary.

With your primary weapon you'll have maybe 8 or 10 mags (at around $50 a pop) full of enough gas to empty a $10 cannister to give you the same firepower as $15 of midcaps gives an AEG owner.

You'll be shooting the gun all day, getting through hundreds of BBs and this all adds wear to the gun.

AEGs ARE fairly dull, boring, soulless items but they are VERY efficient at slinging BBs downrange with minimal maintenance, adjustment or expense.

I don't think there's a sane person on these forums who'd try and suggest that they own a GBB (pistol or rifle) that can fire anywhere near as many shots as an AEG with no dramas.

And, yes. That DOES include classics.

Basically, I love using my GBBR in semi-only or limited ammo games.

Those restrictions help level the field somewhat.

Although I like to enjoy myself when skirmishing I don't enjoy putting myself at a deliberate disadvantage to almost everybody else on the site.

It's kinda like using realcap mag's.

Sure, they DO make the game fun if everybody is using them but if you're the only person using them you're just putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Like I say, I think everybody should own at least one GBB rifle.

I just don't think it's smart to rely on one all the time.

Which version do you own? Which would you recommend?

Before I got my first airsoft gun more then 10 years ago, I was imagening the trigger lag from a electrig system, or making a white line of BB's in the air, I was thinking war movies and HEAT, enter WE and WE GBB rifels and I am having more fun with my WE M4 then any aeg ever.

Before I got my first airsoft gun more then 10 years ago, I was imagening the trigger lag from a electrig system, or making a white line of BB's in the air, I was thinking war movies and HEAT, enter WE and WE GBB rifels and I am having more fun with my WE M4 then any aeg ever.

What?

^

I think he meant the lag between pulling the trigger and the bb exiting the barrel. On an AEG, the motor winds up first, cranks the piston then releases. On a GBB, you pull the trigger, hammer falls and the bb is flying rather instantaneously.

edit:

Don't know how Al Pacino got into the picture though.

I own 5 AEP's, and love all of them. I mostly play in a CQB field, and the low FPS given by AEP's give me the ability to clear out rooms without giving the other players a bunch of welts. Also, living in NY restricts my ability to use a GBB 50% of the year, so I'm all for AEG's :)

Which version do you own? Which would you recommend?

I have a G&P WOC M4 and an AGM M4.

The G&P gun is pretty good but it depends...

If you're going to be happy with a standard M4 then the G&P one is definitely the way to go (of the two I own).

If you're the sort of person who's gonna want to fit a VLTOR receiver, CQB barrel or DD RIS etc then you really might as well start off with the cheapest gun possible and then swap out all the parts you want to change.

The WA, WE and KJW systems all have their own merits and each system is worth a look.

The KJW system seems to be the most practical, the WA system most closely replicates the workings of the real gun and the WE is, erm, well most owners are happy with them.

Which one you go for is really a whole other discussion.

The only point is that ANY GBBR will give you a whole other dimension that an AEG can't.

I suggest reading through the WE SCAR and the KJW M4 threads before deciding.

IMO WE or KJW are the best buys. WA are too expensive, and from what I hear, require a lot more money to function properly.

I personally just bought a KJ m4, but havn't had it long enough to be able to comment on reliability, other than it works fine OOTB :P

I suggest reading through the WE SCAR and the KJW M4 threads before deciding.

IMO WE or KJW are the best buys. WA are too expensive, and from what I hear, require a lot more money to function properly.

I personally just bought a KJ m4, but havn't had it long enough to be able to comment on reliability, other than it works fine OOTB :P

I was thinking of all the gbbr on the market and when i bought one. I bought the g&p woc version, just because there where upgrades that could make the fps changeble...

Now the we has a ratech kit... When i already have a gbbr.

I just find it strange that there aren't any upgrade for the kjw one, that was the one I would originaly buy but i couldn't because it shoot's to hot...

When there is a kit out for the kjw one i'll probably buy a kjw too :-)

Greetings Michaël

Unlike stealthie, I do enjoy putting myself at a disadvantage to other players with ammo levels, so I carry 240 rounds in gas MP7 mags. I use tracer where possible which certainly reduces the amount of rounds needed to "make sure" someone's been hit ;) If i'm in a milsim game where 600 rounds is permitted, I can carry the extra 360 in a speedloader and reload in the many long waits you get in such game

Killing loads of d00dz with less than half their ammo is really quite rewarding. The KSC/KWA MP7 (and my sidearm, the TM Five seveN) perform so well in the minimum temps I play in (usually 2-3c upwards) that i'm now getting rid of my AEGs completely. Sayonara batteries, chargers, trigger lag, cheap crappy mags, sewing machine noise and all the rest of it :)

I have.

In fact i have given up on anything bigger than a pistol.

All i play with is pistols, just pistols running on Ultra and Green using 0.25's and 0.3's.

The reward of getting a good hit out in the woods is a huge one with a pistol. I often break even on hits taken to hits given, or about one or two extra hits.

'FireKnife'

It is actually quite easy.

Most people develop excess tunnel vision when lobbing AEG shots down range at each other. I use that to sneak in and tag them out.

I play more in the style of MGS3, i sneak in, crawling up to the enemy position and then taking a few out then retreating into the nearby cover to wait til the heat dies down and strike again. It is amazing when you get a guy out only to have him stand up, look around and not realise you are lying 7 metres away with a pistol.

Oh and my loadout is five mags and a 1911A1, one of the best primary combat pistols. This is put into a 58 webbing setup with an ammo pouch that has a long green netting piece in it. It is really all i need with only a total of 110 rounds of .25's or .3's in it. I don't fill the mags past 22 rounds as that is when i find the best of the gas is gone.

But i will never go for GBBR's, maybe a MP5K or a MAC-11, even a TMP or even a modified Hi-Capa Extreme with 50 round mags and a fore grip.

'FireKnife'

In fact i have given up on anything bigger than a pistol.

I could partly say the same for myself, except that a couple of the pistols I use for primary are larger than an MP5K.:P A mate of mine uses a G18C in one of the HERA kits I've built, with 3 mags as primary and a CA 1911 with 4 mags as secondary. I agree that you can't beat mobility with a handgun, but I still like to use my GBB AR-15 once in a while because it's still hell of a lot of fun to shoot. Key word FUN and lots of it.

I was thinking of all the gbbr on the market and when i bought one. I bought the g&p woc version, just because there where upgrades that could make the fps changeble...

Now the we has a ratech kit... When i already have a gbbr.

I just find it strange that there aren't any upgrade for the kjw one, that was the one I would originaly buy but i couldn't because it shoot's to hot...

When there is a kit out for the kjw one i'll probably buy a kjw too :-)

Greetings Michaël

There is a kit available: www.cradleairsoft.com

:)

Not as adjustable as the ratech ones, but cheaper, and good enough for me at least. That said, I havn't bought it yet, though that will happen shortly.

I was thinking of a pure multi pistol loadout.

Maybe a trio of Berettas or even 1911's just for the fun of it all.

Or TM a MEU, a 1911A1 and a Detonics all running on the TM 1911 mags.

It is just pure fun, that is all there is to it.

'FireKnife'

:D

If only everyone else did the same now.....

-Luis

Like Gal, I haven't used an aeg since I got my KSC Mp7, back in (thinks?) August last year.

I skirmish most weeks, at all sorts of sites & other than 'sniping' with my vsr, the Mp7 has been used exclusively. It holds its own against the box mag boys & the perceived handicap (changing mags every 40 rnds) works in their favor, giving them the chance they so badly need.

I love it for the same reasons Gal mentions. It's also nice & compact & light weight, so good for both play & transportation.

A tin of gas lasts quite a while. The gas cost is more than offset by the falling ammo use. 40 rnd mags, mean no more 300rnd bursts, just to get that one tricky kill. By now I'd have expected to do about 10x6000 rnd bottles of .25. Instead, I'm still on my first bag of .28's & 3rd bottle of gas.

No more worrying about charging the night before, running out of ammo or taking two aeg's, in case one goes down. I've even freed up some space in the warhouse, where those .25's used to be. :P

Reliable accuracy, in the palm of my hand.

Fire, I'm totally with you on this. There is a much bigger buzz & feeling of achievement, using the old noggin to beat back the hozebrigade.

Greg.

Well i go for the above mentioned technique or a bit of recon, winning a game for your team by not firing a shot is a good laugh. And the look on peoples faces when they say 'you only have a pistol' is truly the best.

Though i may get round to something like a TMP or similar machine pistol in GBB form.

But now sat here giving the pistols a clean, they are much better performers when clean an free of blockages.

'FireKnife'

Right when i started to become interested i always said to myself I would only get a GBB after a few games borrowing aegs i bought a GBBR Scar which doesn't fail to put a smile on my face when i fire it!

Currently working on getting a daytonagun M249 kit as the plan is to run our team on gbb only and addopt squad roles. So far we have my we scar and g&p woc m4 to be used in the assault role a g&p woc m16 set up to fire semi only to be used as a dmr we are hopefully gonna end up with a m249 running off hpa for the support role to bulk up the fire power as most of the guys on our site run aegs with midcaps hopefully one of our mates will get back into airsoft and i imagine he will pick up a m4 aswell and we will just take turns sort of with 249.

Archived