Brand New Gun from Evike, Completely Malfunctioning. DOA

veratek

Ordered a G&P Sentry Magpul M4, the shipping was fine and came fairly quick. Great. But the gun was Dead On Arrival..

Fully Charged battery (tested in multiple AEG's), BB's Loaded, Safety off, barrel cleaned, It still doesn't work.

When I pull the trigger, it makes a 'click' sound, like the motor can't engage - I tried lowering the motor height, nothing worked.

So it hasn't fired a single BB, I filled out an RMA form.

It's been less then 14 days since I've received the gun.

So now I have to pay shipping to Evike? Will I be reimbursed after my claim is approved?

Will evike send me a new one, or are they going to make me wait for them to repair it?

Thanks

to tell you the truth MrM60, i have read that a lot of people get their VFC BARs that way. not just from Evike.

for the OP, id imagine, like most other retailers, the buyer is responsible for shipping both ways and applicable restocking fees if they decide to send you a new one.

i would screw sending it back. your gearbox is locked up. the simplest thing to do is take it apart down to just opening up the gearbox and resetting the gears and putting it back together.

the sooner you kick the uncomfortable feeling and lack of knowledge about taking guns apart, the sooner airsoft becomes less annoying for you.

G&P are one of those high end companies that have a relatively high lemon rate. but it just takes a gearbox tuning to sort things out.

if you feel extremely uncomfortable with it, then give it to a friend or local shop to fix or deal with evike.

to tell you the truth MrM60, i have read that a lot of people get their VFC BARs that way. not just from Evike.

for the OP, id imagine, like most other retailers, the buyer is responsible for shipping both ways and applicable restocking fees if they decide to send you a new one.

i would screw sending it back. your gearbox is locked up. the simplest thing to do is take it apart down to just opening up the gearbox and resetting the gears and putting it back together.

the sooner you kick the uncomfortable feeling and lack of knowledge about taking guns apart, the sooner airsoft becomes less annoying for you.

G&P are one of those high end companies that have a relatively high lemon rate. but it just takes a gearbox tuning to sort things out.

if you feel extremely uncomfortable with it, then give it to a friend or local shop to fix or deal with evike.

Thanks, I hear ya..and I know it's not the cheapest route to go, I would open the Gearbox but this problem happened within the return period, and I'm not sure if opening it up voids that (i bet it does).

But yeah I'm sure all the parts are there, I just need to reseat something :unsure:

Links please?

Every review ive read on it said '' Oh it's so awesome and the best gun ever, and great accuracy, blah blah''

Nah, I can tell it's Evike's fault. They sent me a used gun. Unless VFC likes to carve the name ''Josh'' into the buttstock.

Links please?

Every review ive read on it said '' Oh it's so awesome and the best gun ever, and great accuracy, blah blah''

Nah, I can tell it's Evike's fault. They sent me a used gun. Unless VFC likes to carve the name ''Josh'' into the buttstock.

wow if it's true, that's unacceptable.

anyway i popped open the GB, reseated everything I could and put it back together - - still nothing :angry:

ahhh well i'm not through with evike yet...my other guns from them have been

fine.

did you check the fuse? it could have blown while you were trying to fire before.

but, its starting to sound like a lot more trouble than it should be. beyond this, i cant help you though. i have fixed plenty of gearboxes plagued with lockups, but if this didnt fix it, then theres any number of different things wrong with it.

did you know what position to set the sector gear into to properly "reset" the gearbox? did you check for any misplaced bushings? and finally, take the upper guts out of the gearbox and just put the box together with the gears in it to check if they didn't over shim a gear, causing the gears to not be able to turn or the turning to be very rough. in other words, leaving the cylinder and piston out of the box lets you turn the gears with your finger. if they spin fine, then put the screws into the gearbox and try spinning them again.

also, try spinning the motor while its not touching the gears to check if the motor works. like, link the wire leads to the motor as if the gun was all put back together (just leave the motor laying next to the gearbox), attach a battery to the gearbox and pull the trigger.

it could end up being an electrical issue with the wiring or the switch box.

did you check the fuse? it could have blown while you were trying to fire before.

but, its starting to sound like a lot more trouble than it should be. beyond this, i cant help you though. i have fixed plenty of gearboxes plagued with lockups, but if this didnt fix it, then theres any number of different things wrong with it.

did you know what position to set the sector gear into to properly "reset" the gearbox? did you check for any misplaced bushings? and finally, take the upper guts out of the gearbox and just put the box together with the gears in it to check if they didn't over shim a gear, causing the gears to not be able to turn or the turning to be very rough. in other words, leaving the cylinder and piston out of the box lets you turn the gears with your finger. if they spin fine, then put the screws into the gearbox and try spinning them again.

also, try spinning the motor while its not touching the gears to check if the motor works. like, link the wire leads to the motor as if the gun was all put back together (just leave the motor laying next to the gearbox), attach a battery to the gearbox and pull the trigger.

it could end up being an electrical issue with the wiring or the switch box.

thanks for the tips, I am still learning so this kind of advice is very useful.

so yeah I actually took out 2 shims based on my own spin testing.

And the motor is getting power - it spins.

I set the sector gear to the 1:00 position, so it was flush against the tappet plate's foot. I'll re-check.. please let me know if I'm missing something there.

When I pull the trigger I can feel the motor trying to turn inside the gun, for some reason I have a hunch it's the anti-reversal latch?? but I'm positive it's in the correct position, below the bevel gear.

Does it matter that I'm using a deans-to-tamiya adapter wire to connect my battery? Like I said, the motor is getting power so that's doubtful.

Oh and I could not find the fuse! It's normally very visible..

hmm, the connectors shouldn't really matter in this case. if the motor spins, then its not a problem with the fuse.

i guess the only thing left for me to ask you is what power spring your using and what voltage battery are you using.

the anti reversal latch doesn't work in the opposite direction.

im going to open up one of my gearboxes to check something. theres another latch that interacts with the gears.

and lastly, it does sound like you set the sector gear in the right position, so it isnt the timing.

hmm, the connectors shouldn't really matter in this case. if the motor spins, then its not a problem with the fuse.

i guess the only thing left for me to ask you is what power spring your using and what voltage battery are you using.

the anti reversal latch doesn't work in the opposite direction.

im going to open up one of my gearboxes to check something. theres another latch that interacts with the gears.

and lastly, it does sound like you set the sector gear in the right position, so it isnt the timing.

Using a 9.6v 1400mah nunchuck, spring is an m110 i think (300fps or so)

thanks for the help, I'm probably just gonna have to take this to a shop.

Archived