Where to buy Flyye gear?

Jin15

I'm pondering buying a Flyye CIRAS replica set in OD, but before I do I need to find a reliable retailer to buy from and since Flyye gear isn't exactly widespread at this point I'm having trouble finding a whole ton of retailers for them. I'm currently looking at ShooterCBgear.com and I'm wondering if anyone has purchased from them before and if they are legitimate and reliable?

Alternately, does anyone have any other suggestions for the best place to purchase Flyye gear?

Thanks in advance ^_^

i got an email from a uk retailer saying that flyye donot ship to the uk any more i looked at some of the prices of the flyye stuff and there wasnt much in it,

i was looking at a hsgi wesatch in mc andit was £115 for + delivery but the flyye one was £101 + delivery ok i know the hsgi was a bit more but not much

hsgi weesacth with shoulder pads and postage is £165 thats around just over £50 more for real deal but i know inthe states its alot cheaper than over in the uk

My delivery arrived today from Shooter CB Gear, that was a really quick turnaround.

The postage prices were pretty decent and I'm really happy with my purchases.

I had ordered directly from Flyye last year, but they sent have the order in Khaki and the other half in Coyote Brown, when I contacted them about their mistake and returning the wrong pieces they weren't helpful at all, and pretty much did everything to persuade me to keep the wrong pouches.

I wasn't too happy with that, but the quality of their stuff is really good.

Thanks for all the advice and sharing of experiences guys! I have gone ahead and placed my order with Shooter CB Gear tonight and chose the Airmail shipping option. We'll see how long it takes to arrive and I'll post again in this thread with an update when the package arrives to let you know how the whole transaction went ^_^

Just a little update here...

When I placed my order with www.ShooterCBgear.com I cheaped out choose the Airmail shipping option. Express shipping was an extra $15 I didn't quite have the funds for so I chose the cheap and slow Airmail shipping option, knowing that it would take a good 3 weeks or so for my package to arrive with that slow shipping method.

But... Shooter CB Gear shipped my order Express at no extra charge! :D Awesome!

Communication was very good and my order was shipped within 12 hours of being placed, and based on the tracking information I should see the package arrive within the next 2 days. If everything I ordered shows up correctly in the box I'll be giving www.ShooterCBgear.com my highest recommendation ^_^

Update time!

My package of Flyye gear from ShooterCBgear.com arrived yesterday and I gotta say I'm totally thrilled. The package took 8 days to arrive at my door step from the time the order was placed, and it would have been here 4 days sooner if the US customs department hadn't temporarily lost my package. Still though, fantastic time considering that I placed my order with cheap Airmail shipping and the guys at ShooterCBgear.com shipped the order Express for no extra cost! :D

As far as the gear goes, everything arrived just as ordered in the right quantity and right color. I picked up a Flyye FAPC Gen 2, a MBSS hydration backpack, two single M4 mag pouches, two FE version double pistol mag pouches, a smoke grenade pouch, and a short radio pouch. Everything in OD color.

After opening everything up and checking it out I'm extremely impressed with the quality of Flyye gear. As a long time user of Tactical Tailor, Maxpedition, Eagle, DBT, and Blackhawk gear I can say with complete confidence that Flyye gear is equal in quality to all the big name gucci gear manufacturers I've had the pleasure of using gear from. The nylon used is all 1000D Cordura which should be extremely durable, the stitching is excellently done and I did not find a single loose thread on any of my Flyye gear, the stitching is reinforced and bartacked in every place that could possibly have tension put on it, and the elastic on all the pouches that have elastic seems tensioned just right (not too tight but not too loose either). The straps on the back of all the pouches seemed just right stiffness wise as well. Very solid and durable feeling but with enough flex to make them fairly easy to bend and weave through your PALS webbing.

Another thing I really liked was the fake SAPI plate inserts that came in the FAPC. Unlike most fake plates which are hollow hard plastic these are made out an extremely dense and stiff foam rubber material that has been cut and bent to the shape of a real SAPI plate. These foam rubber plates give the carrier excellent stiffness in the same way a plastic replica plate would, but unlike a plastic plate they will not break if you fall on them and they have the smallest little bit of give to them so if you do fall forwards or backwards they will cushion your fall a bit. The cummerbund on the FAPC has another foam plate system in it on both sides, but this one is about 1/3 the thickness and substantially less rigid so it will allow the cummerbund to form to your body properly while still giving it the much needed stiffness to support mag and utility pouches.

After looking everything over and setting it up if there was anything I could complain about in regards to Flyye gear it would be that they use UTX buckles and snaps. Don't get me wrong though, UTX hardware is very good quality so this is just a minor complaint, but I personally would have preferred to see ITW buckles and Prym snaps for added quality assurance. That said I have not had any problems with any snaps or buckles on my gear and I don't expect to have any problems with them any time soon. The whole "ITW & Prym > UTX" thing is really just a personal preference of mine.

So at the end of the day what do we have here?

We've got one great gear retailer at www.ShooterCBgear.com and one excellent gear manufacturer in Flyye. The prices from ShooterCBgear.com were fantastic, the shipping was fast and the customer service was great, and the gear I received was of astonishing quality that I personally feel is equal to or better than the quality of just about any high end gear manufacturer and priced at half the cost or less. At this point I'd be comfortable saying that if there was a piece of gear I wanted that was made by both Flyye and a big name gear manufacturer I'd save myself some money and get the Flyye version, and be able to rest well at night knowing that the only thing I compromised on was cost and no quality was sacrificed in the process.

I give Flyye gear and www.ShooterCBgear.com two big thumbs up :)

Thanks Onikage! ^_^

ShooterCBgear.com didn't offer different size options for the Gen II FAPC, the only version they seem to have is the medium size. I'm 5.7' and 130lbs and it fits me perfectly. I have it set up so that the top of the plate sits at the base of my jugular notch and the bottom of the plate stops 1" or so above my navel (which I believe is how a plate carrier was intended to be worn) and I don't think the fit of a plate carrier could be much better than this for someone of my size.

I've found that with most plate carriers every time I would try to take a knee the carrier would end up bashing against my hips and sitting down and standing up was quite a chore as well. When wearing the Gen II FAPC neither of these actions are a problem, since the FAPC is a bit shorter and smaller than most carriers and well suited to a person of slim build and small stature.

When sized to fit me properly the shoulder straps are loosened 1.75" from the shortest possible setting, leaving 5.25" left of adjustment for height on each shoulder. So it should fit people of a wide variety of heights. As far as the width adjustment straps and buckles on the inside of the carrier (underneath the cummerbund) and on the back of the cummerbund go I have them all cinched down fairly tightly to fit my slender build. There's still about 3" left of adjustment on each side strap and 2" left of adjustment on the straps on the back to make it smaller though. I haven't measured exactly how much adjustment there is to make it larger, but let's just say it's a whole ton (at least 12" on each of the side straps and 12" on each of the back straps) so this carrier could easily fit the most husky of players.

So there's a lot of room for adjustment all around. Fits size waif to morbidly obese. ^_^

Unfortunately I don't have any pics at the moment, but once I have my rig fully set up the way I want it in a month or so (when I have the money for the pouches lol) I'll be taking some pictures and I'll be sure to post them up.

Thanks again and I hope that information helps!

Thanks Onikage! ^_^

Thanks again and I hope that information helps!

It does, thank you. I have seen lots of recommendations on sizing on various retailers and a small always seemed appropriate for me. I am 5'5" and 135 lbs. I think I'm going to go with the EPC instead of the FAPC but we'll see. I'm in no rush since at the moment my EI chest rig is ok.

If it's not too much to ask, what is the height and width of the front portion of the FAPC not including the cummerbund?

Direct action gear is the US site for flyye gear. Only flyye on website and only ships to us and canada

Guys I need your help

How do you feel about "DirectActionGear.com"?

I know AMC1096 supports them, however he only has 2 posts.

That website has the Flyee Ciras listed as $199.99 and only $16.04 for shipping.

If I go with Direct Action Gear, I can save a solid $40 bucks in shipping from HK

I could really use any input to help me make my decision.

Thanks

-Shin

Guys I need your help

How do you feel about "DirectActionGear.com"?

I know AMC1096 supports them, however he only has 2 posts.

That website has the Flyee Ciras listed as $199.99 and only $16.04 for shipping.

If I go with Direct Action Gear, I can save a solid $40 bucks in shipping from HK

I could really use any input to help me make my decision.

Thanks

-Shin

Talk to Bigdad over at ASF, he is pretty well known even here, he deals in Flyye stuff.

Archived