Ever since my KSC G18C died, I’ve been on the lookout for a possible replacement. While I was pondering buying another G18C, I came across the subject of this particular review, the CA Glock 17 for 3,150 Php (roughly $67). So I said to myself, why the hell not, and grabbed one for myself. I’m not going to bore you with real steel facts and figs, as Glock firearms are pretty common around the world.

DSC02474.jpg

To tell you the truth, I couldn’t care less about packaging - as long as the replica gets to me fine, it’s all good. The CA Glock 17 is housed in a cardboard box, with some stickers applied on the front of it - rather hastily in my opinion.

DSC02475.jpg

DSC02476.jpg

Inside sits the gun, magazine, cleaning tool, a few BBs, an instruction manual and CA’s 2010 model lineup.

DSC02478.jpg

The gun feels solidly built and the slide does not have any side to side play.

DSC02480.jpg

DSC02481.jpg

There are a few trades on the gun, unfortunately they aren’t accurate – the metal slide for example does not have the Glock logo, only the number 17, caliber (9 x 19) and the word Austria on the left side, and CA017 on the right side.

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02484.jpg

DSC02485.jpg

The polymer frame feels solid, unfortunately it again does not have the proper trades. The left side of the frame where the Glock logo usually sits says “Classic Army”, while on the top right side “Made in Hong Kong Classic Army”, and finally “Gas Blowback System” on the bottom. The gun feels a bit lighter unloaded than my CA1911 and ARMY MEU, but once the magazine is in it feels just right. It fits snugly in a Blackhawk copy Serpa holster. The gun features a two-part trigger just like the real Glocks, and a safety switch under the rail. Yes, it seems that the CA G17 is a TM copy.

Edited by calbur20

DSC02486.jpg

DSC02487.jpg

DSC02489.jpg

Blowback is crisp, but it lacks the oomph (using green gas) that KSC Glocks and TM Based 1911s have. I guess I’m so used to using my Army MEU that has a fair amount of kick in it. I put a full magazine through it, and the slide locks back nicely with the last round. As you can see in the pictures, the gun uses the supposed reinforced blue plastic on the loading nozzle and mag lip.

DSC02493.jpg

DSC02494.jpg

DSC02496.jpg

DSC02497.jpg

The gun strips easily, and breaks down in less than a minute. Unfortunately I don’t have access to a chrono, nor a place big enough for accuracy tests, but I’ll update this review once I get through skirmishing it tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

No, you can't use KWA or KSC mags in this gun, as it is a TM copy, not KSC/KWA.

UPDATE:

The mag leaked after about 100 to 200 rounds. Chrono is about 300 FPS on green at 32 celcius. Range isn't terribly bad, though it's not terribly good either. The recoil spring has gone soft, and sometimes the slide fails to go completely back to battery as a result. I reckon you can fix that with a harder recoil spring, as it's a TM copy it'll take recoil springs made for the TM glock. Hop-up was absolutely drenched in silicon oil, as well as the internals - something you'll need to sort out when you buy one. If you can't be bothered to fix leaky mags and replace the ###### recoil spring you should steer away from this replica.