Tokyo Marui G36K recoil shock

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my 2 cents:

For the price you pay, to get a G36 that has a shiny ABS body rather than a nice non-reflective realistic looking, strong nylon body, is pure rubbish.

Also remember two HUGE downsides to recoil:

1. Full auto accuracy goes out the window

2. You are very limited in how fast you can take your RoF. I suspect anything over 20 rps and the recoil mechanism will wear out real fast

Im not a fan of G36 series, but I think that that the body being a bit shiny isnt something a layer or two of paint cant solve and gives the AEG a bit of life and character :)

1.- Full auto messes with real weapons too

2.- 20rps or 1200rpm is a bit too high, the only way I could need such rof is for high trigger response and I dont think It could wear that much the recoil mechanism...

Maybe we are different types of players, but if you complain about something unrealistic (shinning body) why do you complain about realistic features too?(recoil/accuracy and notMG42ROFcapability)

My two cents for hymer: I think the AEG is a bit more expensive compared to the Sopmod series(personal opinion) but If you like the G36 series, can afford it and want something new like a recoil you can feel, its a good AEG and worth it. But I would wait a bit more time, just to be sure it has no long term flaws :)

Some aspects of realism will negatively affect performance. Those aspects I don't want.

Some aspects will not affect, or even improve realism. Those we all want.

Nylon body falls into the latter category.

"Recoil Shock" falls into the former.

Full auto accuracy and RoF are the two most important factors regarding performance in terms of getting BBs on target in practical combat conditions.

Hits beyond 30 meters are rare in my experience since the wind pretty much takes over beyond that. So what you need to get as tight of a full auto grouping at 20-30 meters as possible. And you need to be able to achieve that grouping as fast as possible (RoF).

RoF does not increase accuracy per BB of course, but it improves the effective accuracy of your gun. If you can spit out more BBs in the same amount of time, then your chances of hitting are that much better.

Its priced that way becuase it sells out .. constantly.. i think that speaks volumes in its self...

With regards the recoil affecting accuracy, its not like it breaks your collar bone every shot, if you cant hold it on target during the toy guns recoil, then well i dont know what to say..

i get 50 meter kills all the time with my sopmod, the hop units awesome on these next gen guns, and i only need a few rounds.. ive had high ROF in previous guns, all these posts highlight is the massivly different style of play in different sites and in different countrys... i personally prefer mil sim, less is more.

but like you say these guns arnt for everyone but they do sell out the moment they hit the shelves here.. and i know from speaking to people in japan how the sopmod series is extremely popular at skirmishing sites.. and i suspect this one too

Edited by Richard Y
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Really curious about this AEG. Was wondering if it can be safely upgraded to around 400fps and a 11.1v lipoly battery without breaking the recoil feature?

For some strange reason it's very hard to find lipoly that's lower than 11.1v here.

In order to add different hand guards or gls you will need to shave some plastic on the gas block. I had mine rewired to the back with a kv stock and I am running 7.4 lipos in it. It is awesome. Stupid fast tho. Eats standards, in less than 3 seconds it is empty. I think that a 11.1 will be to strong, putting to much strain on the mechbox or piston but of course I am no tech.On another TM that I am running a 11.1 on i cracked the piston in half in two days. On my friends M4 the same thing is happening.So far on my EBB G36 I have only put about 1500 rounds through it. But in that time it hasbecome my favourite replica to play with. As things happen I will post it here.

I don't see nearly as many of these at fields here in Japan. I don't know if there was ever a shortage on them

like their was (and has been) with the M4 series. I have wanted one of these for a bit, but something else always comes along. If I could just find a clean solution for carrying mags. I always find the nubs used to click mags together gets caught on mag pouches.

What do you use for carrying mags.

Thanks for the review. Have found a renewed interest in this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just my 2 cents:

For the price you pay, to get a G36 that has a shiny ABS body rather than a nice non-reflective realistic looking, strong nylon body, is pure rubbish.

<b>

Also remember two HUGE downsides to recoil:</b>

1. Full auto accuracy goes out the window

2. You are very limited in how fast you can take your RoF. I suspect anything over 20 rps and the recoil mechanism will wear out real fast

Although I disagree about the recoil(seriously, these EBB system blowback are TOO weak to affect anything and not much better than G&G fake blowback)... the price vs. external is too true.

Spending THAT much money for a full-ABS plastic (ABS here = ABsolutely s***ty) G36 is not justified IMO in anyway. ARES does a much better job.

Edited by adadqgg

the Tokyo Marui recoil engine is no where near G&G's "blowback".

Whine about the externals on a marui, but you'll never get marui performance out of any other gun manufacturer in existence. For the price you pay, you definitely get your moneys worth when it comes to marui's new recoil engine aegs.

Yes I can.

RealSword + KWA 2G bucking... TM just got pwned. Marui may have superior hop-up to less-quality companies(such as most ACM companies), but their performance is very overrated.

*coolface*

If I want Milsim I would not want a gun that feels like a toy but cost over $400. Whine? You will never get RealSword external out of any other gun manufacturer. Except for maybe Norinco (LOL).

I do not want to go off-topic but I had to. -.-

----------------------

Anyway, Marui recoil engine is good(not so much the G36 since it connects to the piston...DIY job can be done to easily simulate it), but the associated tradeoff on external...not so good.

Nylonfiber does not cost THAT much more than ABS plastic if TM ever decides to make realistic guns...

Edited by adadqgg