AR type hop-up into sniper hop-up

l85 guy

I was wondering if it was possible to make a AR type hop-up consistent enough to be adequate in a sniper platform. i've heard of the lock washer on the big knob, but is that enough? the reason I ask is because the intend gun is my Sr-47, and I can't really change out hop-ups that easily because the Sr-47 is longer then a regular hop-up. not to mention, I was thinking about it, if I were to take the hop-up tool like on the VFC scar, and put a long rod on it, couldn't I then be capable of more fine adjustments then if i were to put in a madbull hop-up?. its like a record player, the center of the record a lot less distance then the outside edge. So a small adjustment to the out side edge( the rod) means a minuscule adjustment to the actual hop-up wheel. you know what I mean. I already know what to put in nub and bucking wise.

thanks

Assuming your referring to what would work itself down to being a G&G GR-25 (SR-25) using the 7.62 magazines, you could always look at getting an adaptor machined to act as a spacer between the mechbox and a standard m4 hop unit, this would allow you to use a Madbull hop..

this may help, dont know if youve already seen it?

(not my work, just spreading the info :) )

Thanks shmook :D

That reminds me I have to do an edit to include spring spacers to it at some point, as inspired by a thread I replied to by Infected :unsure:

thanks for the link, pretty helpful, but had more intended to put a... should we call them a mr Blue Gb? In it when he gets back around to that. I'm gonna see if I can do a mock-up with my drill press and a thing of wood, and if it works out, either see if my friend can make me one on a lathe or just go to a fabrication shop.

Archived