This bag was bought especially for my wife (though I am sure to use it sometimes). We wanted a well-made, durable bag, which would not be too big (we already have to great hiking backpacks, but they are way too big for one-day journey), but which would offer enough space for common daily things. We decided to choose Pantac 3-day assault bag in coyote brown because my wife rather likes its looks (and she isn’t the military maniac in our couple), it also comes with MOLLE strips, which give more possibilities for combination with pouches, and also because of a reasonable price (bit over 100$, shipping to Czech Republic included).

First impressions

We ordered the bag from the WGC shop and it only take 2 weeks for it to come (well packed, even with a nice promo calendar). First impression was pure awesomeness. The fabric (CORDURA nylon), as well as the plastic used on buckles and zippers all were excellent. The stitching and rest of the workmanship were flawless as well. This bags looks like it’s really ready to survive a war, the feeling from it being totally different from the cheaper bags we have.

Design

Its shape is one of the best features. It is not very tall, but quite “deep” – by that I mean the dimension between your back and front side of bag. This means that it’s quite compact and yet offers a lot of space divided into main compartment and two smaller compartments. I was able to get inside 3 large board games, as seen on the pictures. It definitely offers more than enough space for its height.

bg_front.JPG

side.JPG

Strapping with buckles allows you add a rifle / other stuff to the side of bag or a smaller sleeping bag under it. The MOLLE strapping covers sides, lower front, and the bottom of the bag.

The main compartment is really big, well accessible, and includes a elastic strap for notebook, hydratation pouch and a A4 size “pouch”, which can be used for papers.

Both waist-belt and chest-belt are well designed, easily adjustable. You actually could have problem if you were very thin, as my medium size was just big enough to fit in. There is a lot of possibility of adjustment for the bigger guys, though. The chest-belt can be moved upwards a bit, which is good for women.

ai_front.JPG

The two smaller compartments are simple, not divided into more pouches, but well accessible and large enough.

There is also an small, additional external bag which can be fixed to the side of bag via buckles, thus offering more space if needed.

go_bag.JPG

Comfort

The shoulder straps are great, padded and hard enough to well distribute the weight. The back is not padded, which is quite bad actually, as it doesn’t fit you back very well. I guess that you will not have problem as far as:

- you are wearing a plate carrier (self-explaining, possibly also reason why there is no padding)

- or you at least do not wear hard, box-shaped object in the back, such as a large board-game :)

The discomfort is not too bad, and I guess it really depends a lot on what you actually have inside the bag.

back.JPG

Overall impressions

Great bag, reasonable enough, sturdy and well designed. If we will experience any problem with those non-padded back, I will tell you, but as far it was just alright (had just one small hike so far). Conclusion: great bag, especially for it’s price.

• 1 month later...