How to reduce your carbon footprint

Skarclaw

Sodomy is brown more like...

:ph34r:

But yeah, more people = more drain on resources + more bloody carbon emissions.

Someone clever and funny once said 'what caused the last iceage to endand temperatures to rise? wasnt the dinosaurs driving suvs around was it....'. Amen.

It wasnt in the slightest bit funny, but bang on the mark.

Doug kind of gets funnier, the more you see him.

He is always right on the mark, it's his adjectives that make him funny: Front hole sex v's green abortion, the irony of the kiddy seat in a Prius, the concept of replacing it with a condom.

'I'm Doug Stanhope - & that's why I drink.'

I love Doug. :wub:

Greg.

Someone clever and funny once said 'what caused the last iceage to endand temperatures to rise? wasnt the dinosaurs driving suvs around was it....'. Amen.

They weren't that clever. The dinosaurs died out approx 65 MILLION years back & the last Ice age was only 10 thousand years ago. :unsure:

Greg.

They weren't that clever. The dinosaurs died out approx 65 MILLION years back & the last Ice age was only 10 thousand years ago. :unsure:

Greg.

**groans**

I think it was ment to be more of an amusing analogy designed to cause reflection/ put things into perspective, rather than a chronologically accurate statement...

The earth's orbit varies and changes over massive spans of time, enough to cause global warming and global cooling in cycles of every 100,000 years or so I believe? Thus, mans attempts to screw the planet up make but the tinniest of impacts on what is otherwise a natural cycle of warming and cooling.

Heres something fun to read:

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html

**groans**

1, I think it was ment to be more of an amusing analogy designed to cause reflection/ put things into perspective, rather than a chronologically accurate statement...

2, The earth's orbit varies and changes over massive spans of time, enough to cause global warming and global cooling in cycles of every 100,000 years or so I believe? Thus, mans attempts to screw the planet up make but the tinniest of impacts on what is otherwise a natural cycle of warming and cooling.

Heres something fun to read:

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html

1, :D

2, Interesting reading. I also remember hearing that, the Mt. St.Helens eruption, pumped more 'stuff' into the atmosphere, than the whole of mankind, EVER. Including the industrial revolution (when every one burnt a tree), 2 world wars & all of the nuke detonations, including tests!

So, no matter how hard we try, one fairly insignificant geological event, trumped us. ;)

Greg.

Archived