Element ultra torque motor

A review of the element ultra torq motor

I really recomed this motor

I wish mine ran at half that speed. Then again, it looks like you are using an 11.1v LiPO?

I dont mean to be the doomsayer, but I used to own a Magnum, and comparing the Magnum to this motor on an 8.4v 3500 mAh NiMH fully charged, the Magnum destroyed this motor with a heavier spring. The Magnum was set up in a CA M14 with Systema Torque Ups and a Guarder SP150 spring, on that 8.4v it pulled 15 RPS on full auto (not that I ever used it on Full Auto). The Element UT is in my G&G M14 Veteran, stock ratio gears, running the same 8.4v pulling a Guarder SP130 and I get about 17 RPS as well in Full auto (again not that I ever use Full Auto). For 28$ I'm not complaining too much, but the Trigger response on the Magnum was light years faster then the Element and that had me a bit put off. I guess it's time to invest in some 11.1v's and figure out the Motor/MOSFET overheating issue I had last time I ran an 11.1v in semi auto only.

Having said all of that, does the Element have more torque? Probably, the Magnum has the windings of a high speed motor. I can't wait for HunterSeeker on Airsoft Mechanics to review his Element UT motors and compare it to his Magnum that he had apart.

Thanks for the review, it was very well done! And nice guns too :D

Hmm, they have bearings in the endbell, don't they? I might pick one up for my AKSU.

Supposedly they have bearings at both ends of the motor. They do around the front anyway, not sure about the back, but even cheap CA motors have bearings at the rear so I dont see why this one wouldnt as well.

I cant see any ballbearings.....but maybe they are there?

I would say that the difference between the mangum and the element is that the mangum can run high springs on a low-volt battery...as the 8.4v

Have 2 mangums myself.......and obvious the mangum is more powerfull in all ways.

But if you use lipos 11.1v....the difference isnt so big at all.

And 27$ is not much money.

I cant see any ballbearings.....but maybe they are there?

I would say that the difference between the mangum and the element is that the mangum can run high springs on a low-volt battery...as the 8.4v

Have 2 mangums myself.......and obvious the mangum is more powerfull in all ways.

But if you use lipos 11.1v....the difference isnt so big at all.

And 27$ is not much money.

A bearing is technically just a smooth precise surface(s) to guide movement on, there are many types such as journal, needle, roller, and ball, each with its own unique sets of advantages and disadvantages.

^I second that. Here's my review for the HS and HT motors:

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=89862.0

Just to remind people that we prefer it if you actually POST reviews here rather than simply linking to reviews posted elsewhere.

We try to be as lenient as possible but, let's face it, linking to a review on another airsoft forum is taking the mickey a bit.

Obviously, reviews posted on Youtube are slightly different since Arnies has no video hosting facilities although it wouldn't kill you to embed the video rather than just post a link to it. ;)

Also, there's an "E" on the end of the word "Torque". It's right there on the side of the motor.

It doesn't say much for the review when the reviewer can't even copy the word off the item being reviewed. <_<

Also, there's an "E" on the end of the word "Torque". It's right there on the side of the motor.

It doesn't say much for the review when the reviewer can't even copy the word off the item being reviewed. <_<

To be fair, Stealth, english isn't App's first language. And I found the review helpful nontheless.

• 2 weeks later...
appslapp, is your motor loud? Mine in my MBR is insanely loud, but no matter how much motor adjustment I do it's always loud as heck.

What gears are you using? Might be just a bit interaction between the gears and the motor pinion gear? Have you tried the motor in another AEG as well?

Bjorn

• 4 weeks later...