• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a look at the WE PDW this weekend, in relation to the issues found on the WE M4A1 here is what I saw:

- WE tried to sort out the "cooldown - seizing" issue from the part 117# and the O-rings. The part 117 and O-rings are a better fit and is definately not 2 staging, BUT it still has the "cooldown - seizing" issue if you decide to fire off a 10-15 rounds very quickly on a 16*C morning.

- WE also redesigned the nozzle head to deal with the "cool down - seizing" issue, definately a better design

- WE also thickenend the dimensions of the blowback nozzle, 2 times as thick so it doesn't buckle or break. Thats a lot better.

- Recoil is sharp and heavy, better than the M4 and the SCAR but not better than my lightened bolt + winter spring setup on my M4. Cycling is very smooth.

However

- Trigger is still the same material as those on the M4

- Hop is still set insanely high even on its lowest setting. 0.28g BBs were going straight up after 20m.

- Outer Barrel is 2 piece, like the VFC design but you cannot unscrew the barrel to get an 8" barrel system. Its essentially a VFC PDW body.

- PDW mags don't fit on M4s or SCARs, but M4 mags fit in the PDW.

- WE tried to sort out the "cooldown - seizing" issue from the part 117# and the O-rings. The part 117 and O-rings are a better fit and is definately not 2 staging, BUT it still has the "cooldown - seizing" issue if you decide to fire off a 10-15 rounds very quickly on a 16*C morning.

- WE also redesigned the nozzle head to deal with the "cool down - seizing" issue, definately a better design

- WE also thickenend the dimensions of the blowback nozzle, 2 times as thick so it doesn't buckle or break. Thats a lot better.

- Recoil is sharp and heavy, better than the M4 and the SCAR but not better than my lightened bolt + winter spring setup on my M4. Cycling is very smooth.

Now we just need to find PDW parts and see if the improvements retrofit on the M4's .

Have you skirmished the PDW yet? If so, how's it treating yah?

As far as the KWA LM4's engine, it uses the patented Force Velocity system which is NOT NS2. The NS2 system is really awesome as I have the mp7 and m226 and they are the best I've used. The KWA Technical Forums are as "inside" as my sources get ;) ... http://www.kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2056

I measured the dimensions of the nozzle and its identical to the ones on the M4. I am just waiting on when my nozzle breaks (it hasn't yet).

Inner barrel is incompatible with the M4.

It is ? How so ? Not that i want to use it ( i don't use WE's inner barrels anymore ;) ) but i'm curious what the differences are. Isn't the hop and chamber the same ?

The inner barrel is secured with a pin in a cross bolt fashion. Where the pin sits on the M4 is further forward than the one on the PDW.

Hmm ... but is it because of the PDW's design or did they did it with no apparent reason ? It's weird why they would make them incompatible with the rest of their GBBR's if the rest of the components are basically the same :huh:

LOL, there are no reviews cos its only popular with Asian Fanbois?

Its a good gun, certainly from a technical perspective. I am also waiting for the No brass tube version of the PDW to come out by WE as they have them in prototype phase.

The only question is why have an airsoft KAC PDW when:

1) No armed forces actually use it, so no pose factor

2 ) No Military contractors actually use it, so no pose factor

3) 10" length/profile is the same as a 10" M4, with the M4 being just a bit more versatile/comfortable, and more posy.

4) In airsoft when do you ever skirmish with the folding stock folded in?

5) Given the dimensions of the PDW, why not have an MP7 or a P90, or an Mini UZI?

So yeah it may not be a popular choice.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
Anyone else have one of these? Virtually no info. on this piece.

Because i consider this replica as a weapon for a niche market. There are quite a few AEG PDW's and being an AEG it should have a wider audience and yet not only few people have them, at least here where i play i can't find even one player who has one, either AEG or GBBR!

I won't discuss if this was a smart move from WE or not, but if you're looking for many reviews about a PDW you're just wasting your time :P

Because i consider this replica as a weapon for a niche market. There are quite a few AEG PDW's and being an AEG it should have a wider audience and yet not only few people have them, at least here where i play i can't find even one player who has one, either AEG or GBBR!

I won't discuss if this was a smart move from WE or not, but if you're looking for many reviews about a PDW you're just wasting your time :P

Yeah, looks that way. I remember a lot of people seemed to be getting great big boners over this, though.

question for OP( or other owner):

does the bolt stop open when mag empty/no mag? because on Uncompany's site it says:

"-Empty Firing Mode, will not hold bolt open with empty magazine / without magazine"

That's the Empty Firing Mode, like the name explains it's a switch that makes the gun not lock back on empty mag. It can be on or off.

question for OP( or other owner):

does the bolt stop open when mag empty/no mag? because on Uncompany's site it says:

"-Empty Firing Mode, will not hold bolt open with empty magazine / without magazine"

There is a switch on the mag that allows the bolt to lock back when empty or not to. With no mag in the gun the bolt will not lock back.

So I know this question may be too general but are you overall happy/satisfied with this gun? Is it worth the $300+ price tag? I love this gun regardless of its lack of use in current military organizations. I'm within an inch of ordering it from Airsoft Global. What silencer is good for this gun (KAC style)? I plan on using this gun as a primary as I use GBB's exclusively! B)

LOL, there are no reviews cos its only popular with Asian Fanbois?

Its a good gun, certainly from a technical perspective. I am also waiting for the No brass tube version of the PDW to come out by WE as they have them in prototype phase.

The only question is why have an airsoft KAC PDW when:

1) No armed forces actually use it, so no pose factor

2 ) No Military contractors actually use it, so no pose factor

3) 10" length/profile is the same as a 10" M4, with the M4 being just a bit more versatile/comfortable, and more posy.

4) In airsoft when do you ever skirmish with the folding stock folded in?

5) Given the dimensions of the PDW, why not have an MP7 or a P90, or an Mini UZI?

So yeah it may not be a popular choice.

Ha, sad but true I suppose. I'm guessing KAC got it into the hands of a few people overseas, but still, as far as most agencies are concerned it's a solution looking for a problem. Mind you, it's truly an amazing solution provided KAC's ballastic claims hold water. Still like to see some more reviews on it. I'll have to post some fake pics of it being used by the Coast Guard or something.

Ha, sad but true I suppose. I'm guessing KAC got it into the hands of a few people overseas, but still, as far as most agencies are concerned it's a solution looking for a problem. Mind you, it's truly an amazing solution provided KAC's ballastic claims hold water. Still like to see some more reviews on it. I'll have to post some fake pics of it being used by the Coast Guard or something.

Yeah, thats the perfect metaphor for why I want this particular gun. i don't really need it...I use the KWA MP7 as my primary but I like the way KAC looks and its "PDW" status. Plus, I would have the PDW trifecta i.e., MP7, FiveseveN, and then finally the KAC PDW. I'll wait for a GBB P90!! ;)