• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give it and 8 out of 10. I am quite happy with it. :)

The only down side is the accuracy, but for me its a CQB weapon anyway.

I was thinking maybe use an extended tightbore (one for an m16a3 or sr-16) and cap it off with a Knight's silencer and just make the silencer a permanent fixture on the gun. Whattyah think?

For what It's worth, its a silly idea. The extended barrel isn't going to give you much of an advantage in range or accuracy, the gun shoots 400fps out of the box, so you don't need the FPS bost, all you would be doing is making what is a compact gun longer, with negligible performance bost offsetting that. If you like the look, sure, go for it, but your silencer isn't going to silence with a barrel running to the end of it, and you will have to change out the barrel if you want to remove the silencer. So I wouldn't do it..

I was thinking maybe use an extended tightbore (one for an m16a3 or sr-16) and cap it off with a Knight's silencer and just make the silencer a permanent fixture on the gun. Whattyah think?

For what It's worth, its a silly idea. The extended barrel isn't going to give you much of an advantage in range or accuracy, the gun shoots 400fps out of the box, so you don't need the FPS bost, all you would be doing is making what is a compact gun longer, with negligible performance bost offsetting that. If you like the look, sure, go for it, but your silencer isn't going to silence with a barrel running to the end of it, and you will have to change out the barrel if you want to remove the silencer. So I wouldn't do it..

I don't care about silencing it, I was just thinking that perhaps a longer barrel would help increase the accuracy and range. Increased FPS is unimportant to me. If that mod was made, the silencer would be a permanent fixture. I think I would like the look of the silencer but its just an idea.

Okay, I just got a delivery from the FedEx guy (3 days flat! from Hong Kong to USA) and I have to say this thing is SICK. With CO2 this gun is unbelievable. I just have to break it in and lube it to get it running how I want it.

picture0287.th.jpg

Also, I don't know if this is going to replace my KWA MP7. The MP7 has a higher ROF, more capacity, and feels more reliable, but we will see in due time, in due time. :D

Edited by jotohomomoto
Okay, I just got a delivery from the FedEx guy (3 days flat! from Hong Kong to USA) and I have to say this thing is SICK. With CO2 this gun is unbelievable. I just have to break it in and lube it to get it running how I want it.

Also, I don't know if this is going to replace my KWA MP7. The MP7 has a higher ROF, more capacity, and feels more reliable, but we will see in due time, in due time. :D

I don't know if I'd put enough faith in the WE to be more accurate than the MP7, judging by what people are reporting. I was flip-flopping between getting an MP7 or KAC PDW for my sniper backup/CQB primary and I think I'm going to go with the MP7.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed in this gun out of the box. I haven't been able to get through an entire magazine without some kind of stoppage. Maybe i'm not doing something wrong, but i can't figure it out. At this point, definately get the MP7. I'm not going to be relying on this on Saturday. -_-

To make things worse, the CO2 cannister is stuck in the mag so now I only have ONE functioning mag!! Anyone got any suggestions on how to get an empty CO2 cartridge out of a WE SCAR/M4 magazine?

Edited by jotohomomoto
sorry to hear that mate, I have had no problems with mine. It sounds like you mag might have a leak and thats why you can only get a partial mag off. Check all the seals

to the the tank out, take the mag apart and pry it out, then sand down the inside of the metal ring just above the threads.

Awesome, i got the CO2 cartridge out by taking the mag apart, but I'm afraid that part that holds the cartridge is a little warped. I definately haven't given up on this gun, I've had minor problems with almost ALL of my gbb's at first; thats why I specified "out of the box."

To make things worse, the CO2 cannister is stuck in the mag so now I only have ONE functioning mag!! Anyone got any suggestions on how to get an empty CO2 cartridge out of a WE SCAR/M4 magazine?

I use a magnet. its a high strength one was attached to a telescopic pole originally to pick up tools etc you dropped into the engine bay of the car you are working on.

Same diameter as the co2 so hold one end on my leatherman and they just pull out easy as!

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed in this gun out of the box. I haven't been able to get through an entire magazine without some kind of stoppage. Maybe i'm not doing something wrong, but i can't figure it out. At this point, definately get the MP7. I'm not going to be relying on this on Saturday. -_-

Oh, that's very disappointing. Please advise if it ever stops sucking. I look at this as a make or break release for WE. Variety isn't worth this kind of hassle.

Well, I heard back from Airsoft Global and they're working with me as far as trying to fix the problem. This gun was highly anticipated on my part (as you can see from my previous posts) and I really want it to work out. If I can't fix it I'm sending it back and getting the KJW M4. I'll keep you guys posted. I just received the matching Knighthawk pistol and it works fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its a pretty good gun but there are a few things to look out for, mostly the same problems you'll see with their M16 and Scar really.

one thing to watch out for though, if you reinstall the bolt guide rod, be sure its sitting on the flat surface at the rear most of the lower receiver. it wont really be under any pressure. if you press it down too much, the front of the guide rod can get caught by the face of the bolt carrier and cause it to sit about 20mm deeper than its supposed to.

if you leave it like that and fire the gun you'll bend the rod and crack the whole back end off the receiver. :)

*UPDATE*

I have used this in a few ops now, and I must say I am quite impressed. The accuracy was not as bad as I originally thought. It is really quite comparable to my AEG with similar barrel length. Range and accuracy wise it functions much like most AEGs. Not highly impressive and yet not unimpressive either. Just run of the mill. I am very pleased. I use this quite heavily now.

Soooo, anyone else got experience with the PDW?

Cant find much user info on it.

If you have any specific questions, you can pm me for answers.

Edited by ghostsniper48

Its a pretty good gun but there are a few things to look out for, mostly the same problems you'll see with their M16 and Scar really.

So it will break something every 100 rounds? (This happened with my Scar)

Im tempted to give the open bolt version a go.

However it appears WE`s spares/customer support has not improved at all since I sold my scar which puts me off.