• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd wait for the GHK one to come out and see how it measures up to the WE system.

I like the WE system because it is at least a little more reliable and accurate than the WA system, but that's really not saying much.

What I would love to see is a GBBR that can consistently shoot on CO2, like no more than 10 fps difference between shots on semi auto with minimal time between shots.

If a GBBR can do that and still be reliable, then it would be competitive against a decent AEG.

Nice to see some folks chiming in. I think the best time to buy one of these GBBR's will be in 6 months or so when the other companies have released their offerings. I have a KWC Mini Uzi and the thing is a blast and easy to maintain. Not the most accurate, but it's reliable and rock solid. Maybe not a good benchmark for a GBBR, but until these things are reliable and accurate I'll stick with it.

Magnets work to get out most CO2 cylinders, but Tippman. They are aluminium, so you would be boned with those.

I want the closed bolt short barrel, but they don't seem to have it in anywhere. :unsure:

Edited by Pariah_WP

I thought id take a few pics of this while i was rebuilding it, this is what can happen if you install the spring and guide rod incorrectly, :)

so dont put it together wrong, or you'll be knee deep in parts for half an hour, trying to fix it. :D

4565027677_5d97f480df.jpg

4565658362_a959503942.jpg

4565659338_72bf7dbc20.jpg

yep,

If you look at the U shap[ed piece in the last photo, you can see theres some wear and scratching on the right hand side of the U. This is where the flat foot of the guide rod was sitting instead of sitting directly inside the U shape. there wasnt enough room for the bolt to travel back and as a result, all that energy came to a halt and concentrated itself at the back of the receiver. :)

Thank god I didn't throw my money away on this one... I'm sorry to see that happen, I hope you can find a replacement lower. I was actually going to give WE another chance with this PDW, but after reading about it on other forums and seeing this here made me realize that WE hasn't stepped up their game (terrible hop up, inferior part materials, spare part unavailability, etc...). They'd rather churn out a variety of rifles plagued with the same problems as their first M4 instead of fixing or improving their overall system.

well, i dont rate it that badly really, the break above is cause by how the bolt was reinstalled, if it was right then this wouldnt really have happened.

the hopup is cr@p though, it would be cool to have an AEG type hopup for it instead, as it is there's only a tiny nub there to give back spin. I have a spare blowback cyl/hopup so i might try making my own AEG conversion. :)

Well, apparently this isn´t the only case like that. I found the following pictures on the German WE-support forum. One user experienced the same catastrophic failure with his WE PDW (along with numerous other problems).

flashhiderr5wd.jpg

A BB ripped off a part of the flashhider

boltcatchjr6fc.jpg

hammerbolt35a8.jpg

hammersk51c.jpg

Bolt and boltcatch seem to be made of pretty soft material :-)

lowervuta.jpg

The highlight

The gun was used with CO2. Not unusual for a gun that is sold as CO2-ready out of the box.

These pictures made me wait for another alternative like the GHK model.

chris

Ive had the same issues as photo 3 and 4 too, and have corrected it with the M16 and Scar from WE aswell, i just filed and polished both and they work really smoothly now. ive yet to see the bolt stop wear like that though, was that caused by general wear or a result of the other failures?

PS, for anyone who had the same problem, you can get the trademarked lower from Airsoftbuddy, it was ordered friday gone and arrived in Ireland on Wednesday. thats quick shipping. :)

The finish is ever so slightly off that of the original but i like the look of it, its more like the real deal. Putting it together comes with the usuall problems, you'll need a file and possibly a drill to get it super smooth, The original body pins are a tiny bit too thick to fit in the holes on this receiver. It didnt take too mcuh to get it to work though and its really nice now. :)

http://airsoftbuddy....products_id=615

615_IMG_3846.JPG

Edited by beretta

Ive had the same issues as photo 3 and 4 too, and have corrected it with the M16 and Scar from WE aswell, i just filed and polished both and they work really smoothly now. ive yet to see the bolt stop wear like that though, was that caused by general wear or a result of the other failures?

Most likely from misuse, i've fixed my fair share of WE gbbr's and most of these problems were caused by the owners that tried to fix things by themselves and failed miserably. Still they could use a better build material at least for a DX version.

Thank god I didn't throw my money away on this one... I'm sorry to see that happen, I hope you can find a replacement lower. I was actually going to give WE another chance with this PDW, but after reading about it on other forums and seeing this here made me realize that WE hasn't stepped up their game (terrible hop up, inferior part materials, spare part unavailability, etc...). They'd rather churn out a variety of rifles plagued with the same problems as their first M4 instead of fixing or improving their overall system.

Same boat here, I wanted to believe. They don't get the fact that people are willing to pay more for higher quality. Fingers crossed that some of the other manufacturers get this, though it seems that everyone but KWA is planning to compete based soley on price. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Does anyone know about the differences between the open bolt and closed bolt versions? Normally, a closed bolt is more stable and desirable. Open bolt config of the INGRAM significant contributed to its inaccuracy. Since a GBB doesn't need an open bolt to cool the breech, I can't understand why moving to an "open bolt" design is an improvement.

Edited by Erik Cartman

Does anyone know about the differences between the open bolt and closed bolt versions? Normally, a closed bolt is more stable and desirable. Open bolt config of the INGRAM significant contributed to its inaccuracy. Since a GBB doesn't need an open bolt to cool the breech, I can't understand why moving to an "open bolt" design is an improvement.

it's an asthetic issue

It's WE's Engrish for 'no brass tube visible when the bolt is open'.

The open bolt upgrade makes the gun more realistic, by removing that pesky brass tube all the milsimmers complain about.

Go on YouTube mate, there are loads of videos.

Ben.