• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still don't understand. How would open bolt be more pleasing to the eye? I don't believe the real KAC PDW fires from open bolt position. (The real INGRAM and M249 SAW fire from open bolt position. )

Like someone said, its just airsoft terminology (specific to WE). People had a problem with being able to see the brass tube (which is part of WE's gas system design) through the ejection port in the original design. I always thought it looked like a round chambering but people were turned off by it so WE came out with the 'open bolt' design. If anything it seems the new design would be less efficient, but I don't really know a thing about it.

So this happened to my PDW after I put about 5 mags through it. Within the first hour of play, the back of the lower receive that holds on the stock and the internals in just blows clean off while firing.

It's made of cheap pot metal. I've been in touch with WE whom assured me they will send a replacement part. That was several weeks ago, still no part. Also they want me to pay to have it shipped from HK.....

Buy at your own risk.

th_IMG_0319.jpg

th_IMG_0321.jpg

th_IMG_0322.jpg

So this happened to my PDW after I put about 5 mags through it. Within the first hour of play, the back of the lower receive that holds on the stock and the internals in just blows clean off while firing.

It's made of cheap pot metal. I've been in touch with WE whom assured me they will send a replacement part. That was several weeks ago, still no part. Also they want me to pay to have it shipped from HK.....

Buy at your own risk.

Thanks for the update. Sorry to see that. WE is officially off of my list. Really wanted to believe but they have proven their worth, or lack thereof.

well, i dont rate it that badly really, the break above is cause by how the bolt was reinstalled, if it was right then this wouldnt really have happened.

the hopup is cr@p though, it would be cool to have an AEG type hopup for it instead, as it is there's only a tiny nub there to give back spin. I have a spare blowback cyl/hopup so i might try making my own AEG conversion. :)

Beretta, I had the same problem, and my WE PDW was never modified or even opened. I'm 100% sure it's an engineering defect. The lower receiver just isn't strong enough to take all of that force. Mine blew up after about 5 mags!

1./ Don't quote pictures - we've seen them already.

2./ Obvious troll is obvious.

The PDW obviously has a design flaw, granted, but it's nothing WE won't fix. Don't generalise an opinion on all WE products from this one new gun.

These GBB rifles require tuning, fettling, and real maintenance - unlike an AEG that any idiot can pick up and use.

Ben.

This is to me really worrying as mine is just about to clear customs tomorrow. On a plus side however, there is now an aftermarket lower reciever available, so I will just buy one of those if mine breaks. That is still however a bit *suitcase*. You want it to at least take a little bit of abuse before it breaks, or in an aegs case, until I open it up to see whats inside! :D I must admit, the WE HK416 has me very tempted, but they only use the M4 mags, and that puts me off. The platform is now on third gen I believe, maybe even later than that, so should prove to be very reliable, but the mags just are not quite right, and that puts me off. I dont know how long it will be either before the PDW mags are available seperately.

1./ Don't quote pictures - we've seen them already.

2./ Obvious troll is obvious.

The PDW obviously has a design flaw, granted, but it's nothing WE won't fix. Don't generalise an opinion on all WE products from this one new gun.

These GBB rifles require tuning, fettling, and real maintenance - unlike an AEG that any idiot can pick up and use.

Ben.

WE could care less about someone out there trying to back up their flawed product(s), but the line has to be drawn somewhere and those who plan on venturing into the GBBR world need to know what they're investing in and what they can expect from a company who has not improved the quality of their product since day one.

Now, you say my opinion is based on the failure of "one new gun"? Take the scar's cracking hinge plate for example, was that also a design flaw? I don't think so, these products need to be thoroughly tested due to the amount of force and pressures that take place in these systems.

I do however agree with you that GBBR's require regular cleaning and maintenance, but having to break down the system everytime you change a magazine to find out why your trigger wont work, why the hammer wont reset or whatever the problem might be, is not why we pay for a GBB rifle as opposed to an AEG.

its a bit of an overreaction to say you wont go near WE because of this. I have had many many WE GBBs pass through my hands and only a handful have had problems. I was actually the first to post this cracking receiver thing and even I wouldnt put people buying the gun. I love it, its a fantastic gun, but as said a couple of post up. A GBB rifle isnt like an AEG in that you can just buy it and use it to death, they need regular TLC. :)

Ray L do you own one? if the answer is "no" you need not even respond.

Mine has performed beautifully through thousands of rounds of shooting. I am not by any means a WE fanatic, in fact some of there products I would never buy, but to keep people from buying one because of your apparent hate for the company should not continue. Let me say again, I am not a crazy WE supporter, but I do think that this is a quality product they put out and I recommend it. As said above, GBB require tweaking and maintenance. You can not just pick them up, use them, and put them back like you can with an AEG.

Edited by ghostsniper48

Even for AEG's you can't pick them up and put them back. To get an AEG to shoot reliably at the same default high FPS as a GBBR you need to apply additional effort and cost (in most cases more costs and effort) to ensure that they can work at that level, sustainably.

GBBRs are still early days, which is why there are a lot of issues, but its got to a point where I know that take a WE M4 and slap in $100 of parts and 10-15 mins minutes of dremelling and 6 minutes of disassembly and I have a 460fps rifle that will work for 10K rounds straight as an arrow with no/little issues. Whereas a typically AEG at 460fps on a polycarb piston would probably require $140+ (motor, spring, piston, switch wiring, bushings, gears) to get going @460fps and would need a disassembly or a piston change before 10K.

WE could care less about someone out there trying to back up their flawed product(s)...

Obvious troll is obvious

...but the line has to be drawn somewhere and those who plan on venturing into the GBBR world need to know what they're investing in and what they can expect from a company who has not improved the quality of their product since day one.
I'm sorry, what now? a WE M4 Version 3 comes with a lot of steel parts that weren't in the original release - that's called an improvement.

Now, you say my opinion is based on the failure of "one new gun"? Take the scar's cracking hinge plate for example, was that also a design flaw?
Yes, and it was fixed with a reinforced part.

I don't think so, these products need to be thoroughly tested due to the amount of force and pressures that take place in these systems.
They probably are, but it's not WE's fault that a few people (Americans ;)) keep running the gun in ridiculous temperatures, using CO2. Common sense might suggest that fast moving, full-metal parts may wear quicker under certain circumstances...

Ben.

EDIT:: Of course, in this case, I realise it was green gas, which is why I'm saying there is obviously a flaw that needs to be addressed in the design.

But what I'm also saying is that it WILL be addressed - I think WE have proved they care about their products and their customers.

Edited by L4byr1nth

They probably are, but it's not WE's fault that a few people (Americans ;)) keep running the gun in ridiculous temperatures, using CO2. Common sense might suggest that fast moving, full-metal parts may wear quicker under certain circumstances...

Ben.

But what I'm also saying is that it WILL be addressed - I think WE have proved they care about their products and their customers.

That's your point of view and I respect that. Without derailing this thread any further, let me just add a quick note, I own several GBBR's including, 2 WE's, a WA and an Inokatsu Super Version.

The WE's were the only two that failed straight out of the box. (Purchased new from two different online shops, one being an "official distributor")

Have a nice day Ben.

It's not derailing the thread really - you've brought up a valid point, and many people seem to be bias in a certain way towards any WE product.

Your WA - is it run on 134a? What about the Inokatsu? What would happen to them if you ran them on Co2, or Green gas? What FPS do they get? It's not fair to compare them to WE's - for one, the price difference! Also, WA's and Ino's have to be treated a lot more carefully and gently than a WE.

I know my WE SCAR probably wouldn't even cycle on 134a - my WE M16A3 wouldn't. They are skirmishable out of the box, and once the HOP had bedded in, exceeded the maximum range of most AEG's on the field.

The 'Made in Taiwan' sticker puts some people off, I know. But where are VFC's made?

The PDW clearly has an issue in high temperatures, but that rubber buffer will probably prevent it from happening.

Ben.

The PDW clearly has an issue in high temperatures, but that rubber buffer will probably prevent it from happening.

Ben.

Can you put more info about that, please? Why should have problems, when is worm or hot outside. Just wondering, sorry for the newbie question.

Edited by T.w.a.T.

Well obviously, you've noticed the warmer your magazines are, the harder the gun shoots, and vice-versa?

In hotter climates, and during summer, you'll find the gas pressure increasing, and thus the strain on the receiver (metal on metal). The PDW has a weak point at the rear of the receiver as the pictures show.

I don't think you'll have to worry, being in Ireland, unless it's REALLY hot over summer and you're running CO2 with no NPAS system (or possibly green gas, even).

The rubber buffer will do exactly as it says on the tin - I'm thinking like a GBB TMP or a KSC GBB Mac.

Ben.