Just a quick thought to add, possibly snoop can answer this? But other then the upper and lower receiver having wobble after a few mags through it, and other problems that you may have encountered? I keep hearing about sometimes the bolt not locking back and the range not being so effective, but it looks sturdy enough to buy.

Oh and one other quick question to anyone of course, when you buy from a HK retailer and your going to ship it to the US do you want to get the non-trades version or the trades version (or is it personal opinion) because I have heard stories that if you get the trades version theres a chance that it can be seized by customs?

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wobble was there out of the box.

About the bolt not locking back. I have addressed it on my previous posts.

If you're buying the non trademarked version, buy from a US based retailer. Its cheaper than ordering from HK.

Your question with regard to trademarked guns being seized also applies to AEG's as well.

Ok, thanks snoop, wait is there always wobble with gbbr's or is there a way to fix that from happening? I am really considering the kjw as it seems to have no wobble or problems as of yet, but the pdw is just plain sexy haha. I may just get it from a USA retailer, so I think the KJW is out, as im never going to order from airsplay. Oh and snoop, do you suggest running it on propane or gg? I know there virtually the same thing but I have an adapter an all, so what do you think?

But what about the seizure of guns? I hear the rate is pretty darn high, but whats the max temp that duster gas can run on? I live in PA so it does get pretty cold in the winter, but I wont play too much then, or I have the chance at the PDW from AEX. Do you know why the Kjw is so darn good though? Like compared to WE's and all?

But what about the seizure of guns? I hear the rate is pretty darn high, but whats the max temp that duster gas can run on? I live in PA so it does get pretty cold in the winter, but I wont play too much then, or I have the chance at the PDW from AEX. Do you know why the Kjw is so darn good though? Like compared to WE's and all?

What about seizure of guns?

How high a seizure rate did you hear?

The past 4 months, I got these guns from hk:

2x tokyo marui mp5k

Tokyo marui glock 18c

Magpul pts masada acr

Kjw m4 cqbr

The marui and magpul airsoft guns had full trademarks. All went through without a hitch. The customs checked my kjw m4 and let it through. How do I know? My box was retaped with tape that says "inspected by u.s. customs department of agriculture.". The kjw m4 had no trademarks or serial numbers.

With me, 100% no seizure rate.

Duster gas will cycle your gun when the temp is 60 degrees or higher. If you're using it at lower temps, use green gas/propane. Go to the kjw thread to learn more about it. Whatever question/issue you have...we have discussed it and addressed it on that thread.

I'm a firm believer of the saying "there's no such thing as stupid questions...only stupid people asking questions."

Why is the kjw m4 so good? Because it was designed by Tanio Koba. In case you didn't know him, he's the one who is credited with designing the Marui gas blowback system on the TM gbb pistol lineup. If you've been fortunate enough to own a marui gbb pistol with the adjustable hop, you know that those things will go toe to toe with aeg's as far as range, accuracy, and precision. Kjw m4 will deliver just that.

WE open bolt system copied the design of the marui pistol. However, the trigger unit is the same as the ones used in the m4/scar series (with part#66 breaking first most often than not). With some modifications here and there, my we pdw open bolt gbbr shoots awesome. Its hard to say which one is better between it and my kjw m4. I will say that reliability of the we pdw is still questionable in my book where as I have no hesitation of recommending the kjw m4.

Just read the whole kjw m4 thread so you know what to expect out of one.

Yeah Ive pretty much read about 120 some pages lol, and I see what you mean and I actually did own a tokyo marui hard-kick gas blowback and dang those things are good. Oh and sweet thats a relief I was hearing the seizure rate can be pretty high like 70-75%, but if you got it, then I should be able to as well, I think I may get the KJW CQB-R, the only thing thats cool about the pdw is the folding stock but other then that I think I wont be bothered with we, unless they release some very nice gbb, but for some reason I was kind of hoping that kjw made different models but the m4, but i guess ill start out with that. But snoop, say this would be my last airsoft gun? Would the kjw still meet the standards of usage after I go to uni and come back to the states? I was thinking I should get a really nice gbbr you know and then make it my last, but this kjw is very tempting.

A Tokyo Marui M14 beats it by miles as far as performance goes. The MAGPUL PTS Masada ACR AEG is not a bad gun per-se. Finish is top notch on the externals though the internals could be improved. If you replace a few things and you actually know what you're doing, you'll end up loving the gun. Personally, I love my ACR...I will eventually get more magaines for it (just not now).

I'll be rocking my WE PDW open bolt GBBR for now as I have 3 more magazines en-route from HK. I'll end up with 4x WE PDW open bolt GBBR 30rd Magazines. I paid a total of $126.XX for 3 shipped (or $42 a piece shipped).

I only have one KJW M4 GBBR left. I have a total of 4x KJW M4 GBBR 38rd Magazines. Yes, another upside to going with the KJW is having 8 more BBs in a magazine (8 extra BBs is a big deal? Yes...its a 27% increase in capacity over the WE 30rd GBBR magazines)

I think i was in similar shoes as ahadsz expect I'm coming back to airsoft and wanted a gbb. I don't plan on getting multiple guns so I wanted something reliable and skirmishable out of the box. I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg making it skirmishable either. After reading multiple threads I decided the kjw m4 was the best bet.

the body wobble is tolerable, ive held rs m4s with the same amount of wobble. philippine army has real old rifles. :(

on we m4 magazines you can remove a part below the spring so you can squeeze in 6-8 more bbs. you can do that too with the m14 magazines i dont know about the pdw though and besides with its smaller reservoir i dont think it has enough pressure to fire 36 rounds.

Edited by mnmc10

Just snapped some pics t Jusof my we pdw with the little knicknacks I did to it. I also shot a short video clip from my camera but I didn't feel like it did the gun justice...I'm able to hit a person sized target up to 180-190 feet about every other shot. Imo, at 150 feet, it matches a tokyo marui pistol's accuracy. I didn't bother to chrono but I was probably shooting .25g bbs between 300-310 fps and yes, still getting up to a 190 foot hit range.

Eyeballing the bbs for range just brings a smile to my face. If only the trigger unit was not questionable in my book, I would hold no restrictions in giving the we pdw open bolt high recommendations as a skirmish rifle.

Just snapped some pics t Jusof my we pdw with the little knicknacks I did to it. I also shot a short video clip from my camera but I didn't feel like it did the gun justice...I'm able to hit a person sized target up to 180-190 feet about every other shot. Imo, at 150 feet, it matches a tokyo marui pistol's accuracy. I didn't bother to chrono but I was probably shooting .25g bbs between 300-310 fps and yes, still getting up to a 190 foot hit range.

Eyeballing the bbs for range just brings a smile to my face. If only the trigger unit was not questionable in my book, I would hold no restrictions in giving the we pdw open bolt high recommendations as a skirmish rifle.

How would you compare the accuracy and range of the KJW C8/M4 to the WE open bolt PDW? I'd like to get a GIM rifle, but I am unsure of which one to settle for.

Never settle.

I will recommend that you go with the KJW M4 GBBR as it is a tried and true GBBR platform.

As far as accuracy goes, The KJW M4 and how I have my WE PDW Open bolt are pretty much the same IMO. Only a proper test would show which one really is more accurate.

Before I gave away one of my KJW M4's, I had gone through 25,000-30,0000 rounds through it with the stock trigger unit still in tact and running.

Contact points

IMG_2378.jpg

Fix (Tapering part of the charging handle that comes in contact with part of the receiver. Other end is tapered too.)

IMG_2390.jpg

Where the bearing hammer hits (Notice the indentation on the surface.)

IMG_2389.jpg

Velocity Reducer (AKA O-ring placed over the base of the flute valve. Should also work with the WE M14 GBBR)

IMG_2388.jpg

Upper/Lower Receiver wobble fix (Glued a couple of small pieces of shrink tubing/thin rubber. Zero receiver wobble.)

IMG_2386.jpg

Prevent your nozzle from being chewed up by tapering down this part:

IMG_2365.jpg

Shrink tubing covering the bolt stop actuation arm allows for more reliable bolt lock using WE PDW magazines.

IMG_2385.jpg

Firefly Hop Packing (Hard) for TM GBB pistols/ VSR-10

IMG_2383.jpg

My WE PDW Open Bolt GBBR :P

IMG_2399.jpg

------------------------------------------------

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

That mailbox way out there is about 190 feet. I can hit it almost every other shot (some shots fall short but is in line to hitting it).

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

Uploading the video at the moment. Its going to take quite a while as its 221 megs or so for a short (less than 1 minute) clip. Video just goes to show that its possible to hit targets out that far. Please do note that this was not a proper test...gun was not bench rested and I was adjusting for shots (depending in how much I felt the wind was going to carry the BB). IMO, its typical shooting for when you're skirmishing.

Wow--are you really firing a GBBR from your front lawn, across the street, at your neighbor's mailbox? Hope you're wearing full kit too. blink.gif

Perhaps there should be a new review thread started for the "open bolt" WE PDW, since this one was opened to discuss an almost completely different gun.

Yeah. Its not advisable BTW. I'm sure other people have done it in the past and still do it. Just a disclaimer, for those who do the same thing I did, accept possible consequences.

The mailbox is a community mailbox. There are a number of slots on the mailbox (for different houses so the postal worker only goes to that box and not door to door).

With that in mind...

Clicky!

You can track where the BB's are going. As noted earlier, some BB's fall short and that my shots were not carefully placed. Still, you can see that the BBs are going straight towards the target and not left/right.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py