No, not at all.

Remove one screw, remove top of mag (feed lips + rubber) then remove old follower.

Replace with new follower, slap on new top and screw in.

Doesn't even take a minute.

Dang.

You make it seem so simple. Yet i try it and i fail epic'ly. haha

Just gonna order the mags and parts from Ratech, that way its all in one bag and i don't have to track evike and ratech at the same time. thanks for the info though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi lads, as the / sacairsoftsn00py / I no longer have a Ra-Tech Custom WE KAC PDW. I have never try it on the field, only have a few hundred rounds out in the back yard. I did like it very much, but after the Ra-Tech N-Pas kit broke down after 100 rounds, I left the gun to be fix and upgraded with a retailer witch I'm not gona mention, after more than 3 mounts waiting for the gun to be fix and to be posted to me, I get pist off big time, and told that retailer to sell that gun, becouse I no longer want to wait for it.

So thats my experiance with GBB guns and specialy with WE and Ra-Tech. The conclusion will be, NEVER AGAIN, specialy with WE and Ra-Tech.

I have 3 mags left from it. Two of them are Co2 mags in Tan, and 1 is the original Green gas mag for the WE KAC PDW. As I said, there are like new, never been out on the field, only got 150-200 rounds all together. No leaks on 3 of them.

If any one want them, I can sell them separated for 30 euros each, or 75 euros for all + postage, witch would be around 10-15 euros not sure yet, will check later and make the changes.

You had the old "closed bolt" version right ? People should differentiate between the two version when talking about problems. They are different guns and have different issues, i think it would be very useful if people started to tell beforehand which version they have.

It's starting to get hard just knowing what to say/advise this way :(

You had the old "closed bolt" version right ?

Yes, it was the closed bolt version, sorry for not mention it. The gun its self was ok, maybe the upgrades was crapy, don't know really. Maybe after few years will try again with GBB guns. Now I'm after good TM SOPMOD, 'cos that was second on my list. biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

First of all, sorry for the necro-post.

The search function doesn't seem to work, so I'm asking it here.

I'm going to pick the PDW up at Safarasoftair.com, since this is in the EU.

- What NPAS can be installed? The M4 type, the Scar or does it have it's own NPAS?

- I read something about open bolt mags. Since the one I'm going to buy is an open bolt (thank god), I need to know what mags I should buy.

these? http://www.safarasoftair.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7065

- Any failing parts that should be replaced? Any problems on the hopup?

Thanks in advance!

First of all, sorry for the necro-post.

The search function doesn't seem to work, so I'm asking it here.

I'm going to pick the PDW up at Safarasoftair.com, since this is in the EU.

- What NPAS can be installed? The M4 type, the Scar or does it have it's own NPAS?

- I read something about open bolt mags. Since the one I'm going to buy is an open bolt (thank god), I need to know what mags I should buy.

these? http://www.safarasoftair.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7065

- Any failing parts that should be replaced? Any problems on the hopup?

Thanks in advance!

Read ALL of very first post ;)

Edited by Special K
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does the Open Bolt PDW have the "VSR" style hop up of the M14 and new OB kit for the SCAR?

All open bolt share the same hop-up unit apart from the m14 ( it's more of a p226/1911 clone ). Since the PDW was the first one to be released as an open bolt, it's the least "refined" of them all. It still has a few nags here and there.

okay so i just got a we pdw open bolt today and absolutely love it. its very accurate and an overall great gun. only problemm..the magazine is a total pain to load. i mean i can only load it by hand. i rele dont wanna do that for 5 mags. the speed loader for the gun and a regular speed loader do not work. it seems you have to load the bbsthrew the front of mag lip on the mag instead of the top of the mag lip like how youwould with a stanard midcap in an aeg. if that makes any sense does anyone have any recomendations or ideas on a faster way to load the "open bolt" mag? please help.

I took my closed-bolt PDW (RA-tech NPAS,, stinger, barrel) out for a test this past weekend, and the BBs were hooking wildly to the left. Then the nozzle snapped.

So I'm ordering the open bolt kit (short) and conversion kits for all my M4 mags. Is there a consensus on the "best" inner barrel for the short open bolt?