RE: The barrel diameter, I am not 100% sure but like most stock guns I would assume it has a 6.08mm inner diameter.

Regarding the NPAS I think if you take the valve out, or even the bolt, and watch what happens as you turn you can figure it out. The best I could find from a quick YouTube search is this :

Skip to 5:00 and watch. It is for the open bolt though but I assume the NPAS would adjust the same either way.

Regarding the CO2, I would advice against running CO2 in an open bolt PDW as it has a tendency to break the rear of the lower receiver if you do. The bolt slams against the back part and breaks it right in front of the folding stock hinges. Either you get the TSC CNC reciever, or an open bolt kit.

As for the manual PDF, I don't have a complete one but WE has the exploded diagram on their website, here : http://www.weairsoft.com/detail_download.php?d_id=12

RE: Teflon mod. It's when you wrap teflon tape around the inner barrel and on the outside of the hop rubber to increase the seal of the gas flow.

Edited by NonEx
  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked one upmyself yesterday for £220 (used with 4 spare magazines.

Set about Pimping it with parts I had lying around :)

IMG_0188.jpg

First impressions: Love it! really nice kick and the accuracy is quite supprising for such a small gun, its much better than my old CA mp5

One question though, it was fitting with an "empass" system, just wondering wth this is?

I think you mean NPAS. Negative Pressure Adjustment System. It's probably made by RA-Tech. It replaces the "floating" valve inside the blowback nozzle and features an adjustable valve opening. You screw it shut or open to adjust the weapons FPS accordingly. There should be a tool with it. Check the video link I posted in my reply above for some referense.

I think you mean NPAS. Negative Pressure Adjustment System. It's probably made by RA-Tech. It replaces the "floating" valve inside the blowback nozzle and features an adjustable valve opening. You screw it shut or open to adjust the weapons FPS accordingly. There should be a tool with it. Check the video link I posted in my reply above for some referense.

Probably is that then, mines a closed bolt pdw btw.

Didnt get any tools with it :( so I hope its been skirmished before (therfore set up for 350fps max)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This thread is saving my life right now. I'm so glad I stumbled upon it. I got a WE PDW open bolt about three weeks ago. Used it the past two weekends and have only one issue, the PDW mag does not get through all the bb's before its out of gas. My M4 mags are fine and have been reliable so far. I'm using propane, .23g bb's and shooting at 350fps in temps between 50-60 degrees F. The simple mods to prolong the life of my GBBR in this thread are awesome and I have done a few to reduce wear already. Thanks for the original post to get this thing rolling.

Edited by NCairsofter28
  • 1 month later...

Damn I was pretty close to purchasing one of these from Evike as the $270 shipped for the gun and 2 magazines sounded like a nice deal, but this thread has scared me off. Seems like there are way too many modifications required to get it running reliably.

I'm mostly considering to use this as a secondary gun to play around with as my KWA MP7 is my current primary until the KWA PTR comes out. If I'm not using this gun as my primary and mostly on semi, how's the reliability?

Well my PDW served me well for about 2 months as a primary on semi mostly. The problem with my particular unit was that the CO2 mag I have broke the firing pin delay and wore into my hammer since they are made of a cheap metal. since CO2 is more active than green gas or propane it moves the parts faster and harder equaling more kick on the blowback and a higher FPS but wearing the parts faster. CO2 usage was my problem in wearing the internals down fast. Other than that issue it worked very well and I skirmished it every weekend with no issues until a few weeks ago when my fire control group failed from the CO2 mag. Stick with green gas or propane and KEEP IT CLEAN and it should be fine. Thats my opinion on it.

Damn I was pretty close to purchasing one of these from Evike as the $270 shipped for the gun and 2 magazines sounded like a nice deal, but this thread has scared me off. Seems like there are way too many modifications required to get it running reliably.

I'm mostly considering to use this as a secondary gun to play around with as my KWA MP7 is my current primary until the KWA PTR comes out. If I'm not using this gun as my primary and mostly on semi, how's the reliability?

Another way to look at it.. From a quick search of the forums there has only been 3 WE PDWs up for sale on this forum in the 18months-2 years it's been out. The last one was back in June/July.

Doesn't strike me as that bad

Cant remember my own having major issues.

Bolt lock rarely worked but that is an easy fix nowadays.

The nozzle got stuck a few times but this was my fault due to lack of lube.

Also, if my new M4 is anything to go by they should of made some improvements to it over time.

Redwolf recently listed a new version of the PDW. Presumably with the Gen 3 internals pre-installed.

Tempted to get one again for a backup.

Edited by Reppyboyo
  • 4 months later...

Thanks a lot. Ordered and on the way!

Used it for the first time in a skirmish today and it was ok, nothing better though. Performance at home was very good, ranging 160ft accurately for a mansize target.

Though the hop started having a few issues today, loaded it up with .28gs and it was slinging them about 130ft though very inconsistantly as though it was firing to hot with a really light round but it was a .28g at 300fps.

Seemed strange also had a few mag issues aswell which was annoying every now and then a few shots where under powered with more of a hiss than a bang kind of thing.

Going to have a look at it tomorrow see if theres anything a miss, none the less Gen 3 on the way! Should hopefully solve the issue.