Well obviously, you've noticed the warmer your magazines are, the harder the gun shoots, and vice-versa?

In hotter climates, and during summer, you'll find the gas pressure increasing, and thus the strain on the receiver (metal on metal). The PDW has a weak point at the rear of the receiver as the pictures show.

I don't think you'll have to worry, being in Ireland, unless it's REALLY hot over summer and you're running CO2 with no NPAS system (or possibly green gas, even).

The rubber buffer will do exactly as it says on the tin - I'm thinking like a GBB TMP or a KSC GBB Mac.

Ben.

Thanks for that.

I'm not very familiar with GBB, yet. Still waiting on delivery on RA-TECH Custom WE KAC PDW Co2. I'm not gona use it in Ireland, 'cos I'm moving down to Bulgaria, where the summer is around 35-39 celsius. Should I worry about something?

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about the upgraded receiver and open bolt kit.

That what is saying on the website from where I order it:

Pre-Installed Ra-Tech Custom features:

- RA TECH WE NPAS KIT

- RA TECH WE Firing pin+Valve Locker

- RA TECH WE Reinforced nozzle

- STINGER WE HOP UP KIT

Ray L do you own one? if the answer is "no" you need not even respond.

Mine has performed beautifully through thousands of rounds of shooting. I am not by any means a WE fanatic, in fact some of there products I would never buy, but to keep people from buying one because of your apparent hate for the company should not continue. Let me say again, I am not a crazy WE supporter, but I do think that this is a quality product they put out and I recommend it. As said above, GBB require tweaking and maintenance. You can not just pick them up, use them, and put them back like you can with an AEG.

Tweaking and maintenance on a gun is one thing (2 actually), but having the a$$ fall off of your gun after limited use is something else. WE needs to get their act together. I also don't think they deserve praise for fixing issues that should have been addressed during the R&D process. With most of these GBBR's you seem to know what to expect, i.e., which parts will fail on which guns. With WE every release seems to suffer from some goofy design flaw. Yours was the only positive review I think I've seen on this. Like I've said, I want to believe in WE but they don't make it easy.

I don't think you'll have to worry, being in Ireland, unless it's REALLY hot over summer and you're running CO2 with no NPAS system (or possibly green gas, even).

The rubber buffer will do exactly as it says on the tin - I'm thinking like a GBB TMP or a KSC GBB Mac.

Ben.

Its not as big a problem as you are making out really, The later ones have a rubber cushion there in the back of the receiver anyway.

The NPAS makes no real difference to the recoil of it either, so doesn't matter if ya have one or not.

It's not like they're the only ones doing it, is it?

What about Classic Army? ICS?

Didn't VFC used to do something similiar?

Ben.

I don't know much about that, but I think that's a weak defense to be honest. Throwing in a foam buffer is also treating what looks to be a major design flaw symptomatically. Hopefully they have something more substantial planned. People who purchase the M14 will be taking the ultimate leap of faith.

Anyway, looking forward to a review from TWAT (no offense).

Lol, I'm surprised the swear filter let that through!

It's not an excuse, but for people crusading against the WE platform - it's pretty commonplace in the airsoft world.

Ben.

Right, I understand. I think people (rightly) held WE to a higher standard since they used to come on here and talk themselves up a bit (while being very helpful I should add). When they release these new models and people experience problems they take more flak than the usual manufacturer. To me it's truly a mystery why they just can't get things right. It's been said before: they obviously have the cash to design new models yet they lack the business sense to design things right; they put the cart before th horse and thier reputation suffers because of it.

Edited by DiscoBiscuit

Not sure about the upgraded receiver and open bolt kit.

That what is saying on the website from where I order it:

Pre-Installed Ra-Tech Custom features:

- RA TECH WE NPAS KIT

- RA TECH WE Firing pin+Valve Locker

- RA TECH WE Reinforced nozzle

- STINGER WE HOP UP KIT

My friend owned that one, and it still broke.. I forgot how exactly, though. I'll ask.

My friend owned that one, and it still broke.. I forgot how exactly, though. I'll ask.

Right, thats not make me very happy, now. Don't need that, one day before delivery waggle.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif I'm waiting for the postman to knock on my door tomorrow morning. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Anyway, please ask your friend, what was the prob, and did WE or Ra-Tech offer any replaces on the gun? Thanks.

So maybe I have too much time on my hands, but I couldn't resist: I posted a comment on the WE YouTube video where they introduce the WE as the most realistic KAC PDW replica in existence. I asked if they edited the part where they shot 2 mags of C02 through it and the a$$ end falls off. WE deleted my post almost immediately and banned me from further posts, which is understandable.

It's pretty dissapoointing and really shows the character of the company that they haven't addressed this. Since they tout this as the most realistic KAC PDW replica I would very much like to ask them if after limited use the receiver on the real steel version breaks as well. Perhaps someone could ask for me.

Hope you have better luck TWAT (no offense).

Thank you for your highly informative and useful piece of information, like all your posts in this thread! You sir have my gratitude.

Anyway, so does anyone tried the open bolt version ? I have too much on my hands and cannot go and get a PDW just to install the open bolt kit, my friend has one but he's too busy to try it and he lives too far, so i can't go and just grab his PDW. I'm curious to how it performs, specially regarding gas efficiency.

So maybe I have too much time on my hands, but I couldn't resist: I posted a comment on the WE YouTube video where they introduce the WE as the most realistic KAC PDW replica in existence. I asked if they edited the part where they shot 2 mags of C02 through it and the a$$ end falls off. WE deleted my post almost immediately and banned me from further posts, which is understandable.

It's pretty dissapoointing and really shows the character of the company that they haven't addressed this. Since they tout this as the most realistic KAC PDW replica I would very much like to ask them if after limited use the receiver on the real steel version breaks as well. Perhaps someone could ask for me.

Hope you have better luck TWAT (no offense).

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Non taken biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Fingers cross!unsure.gif

So, thats mean, they know about that problen, but wouldn't boder fix it, at this stage. Or they thing, that they will fix that issue with putting that rubber yok at the end of the spring. But the issue is still there, so we'll see how long mine gona last, 'cos I'm heavy user.

I just have conformation for delivery, tomorrow morning.

Edited by T.w.a.T.

Yesterday i field tested the Open Bolt version (i converted my close bolt). Well...it's for sure playable! The new hopup works well, the sound is better and it kicks a little bit more. Fps are not adjustable yet. It shoots 330fps with 0.25g at 27c. Good enough for me. I have found 2 flaws so far:

1) The bolt doesn't lock back in any of my 5 magz. I am sure i installed correctly the new bolt catch (you can not intall wrong even if you want to!)

2) If you fire long bursts, many times the last bb falls 10m out of the barrel but this doesn't bother since i play with single fire all the time.

Edited by Pantelis

2) If you fire long bursts, many times the last bb falls 10m out of the barrel but this doesn't bother since i play with single fire all the time.

I was afraid of that, my old WA did basically the same ( although the BB's would actually roll down the barrel ). Have you disassembled the hop-up unit ? How much different is from the old style WE hop-up unit ?

Cooldown is a common problem of all GBBs. BBs not flying very far after releasing quite an amount of gas is no phenomenon.

The BBs rolling out of the barrel might be because the rubber hardened because of the cooldown ( obviously the mag isn't the only thing getting cold ) therefore not holding the BB in position as it should?

Edited by Enforcer

Assuming they added the recoil pad because the bolt is lighter than the closed version it should be a bit more? The output is less, 1.2J with 0.4g Blaster BBs tested in the WE Forum ( quite a waster of energy imo ).

Edited by Enforcer