MP5 Centurion

Typewriter

When did Arnie ever have an M203 on an Mp5? I know he had one on his M16 in Predator...

The point of the Mp5 though is its a small submachine gun- if you stick a massive shotgun on the front it is no longer is small, compact, easy to manouver or light/ well balanced. Thats why you normally see a Masterkey ( 'masterkey', I find that funny in the context of guns/ building entry :P ) or 'nade launcher under the forend of a larger rifle, not sticking out the front of a much smaller one.

I agree with Darklite too, you really need to take more time to achieve a good finish- having things at funny angles/ not lined up or aligned to eachother just looks really hack, and not 'post apocolypse' hack either, just baddly put together rather.

That said, this is the least awful of your efforts so far, so for that I congratulate you ;):)

End of Days, designation MP5 Jericho IIRC :)

edit : damn search button, IT WORKS :Phttp://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/p...ect_jericho.htm

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
End of Days, designation MP5 Jericho IIRC :)

edit : damn search button, IT WORKS :Phttp://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/p...ect_jericho.htm

Ah yes..

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/p...ect_jericho.htm

Now, look at this gun^, and look at TypeWriter's; small and compact SMG with small and relatively compact undeslung launcher that keeps the gun small and easy to manouver vs ... well, my point stands. :unsure:

You know, I could have more toleration for his attempts if stuff was at least straight and level.

I honestly don't even believe a BB could make it out of the barrel on the Mp5 it has such a upward angle. Would it be to hard to align the trajectory path of the shotgun up with that of the Mp5?

But I'm sure you totally meant to have the shotgun shooting at an upward angle compared to the Mp5, that way the point of view through the sights should like up with the point of impact of the shotgun up close...

The shotgun is in straight position. My camera isn't good when it comes to optics, but the shotgun is just the way it should be. The outer barrel is slightly upwards as i said before, but it doesn't bother since the inner barrel is thin and the outer barrel hiding it is thick and lots of space is left. It shoots straight, and thats the main thing.

The shotgun is in straight position. My camera isn't good when it comes to optics, but the shotgun is just the way it should be. The outer barrel is slightly upwards as i said before, but it doesn't bother since the inner barrel is thin and the outer barrel hiding it is thick and lots of space is left. It shoots straight, and thats the main thing.

It looks feckin' horrid.

If we were only concerned about performance and not looks, then we'd probably end up with some sort of ergonomic railed brick hiding a Version 3 Gearbox with a short-shaft motor, a M14 hop-up unit, a fully supported 300mm inner barrel and a motorised boxmag with a pressurised feed chamber to maximise feed rate and minimize misfeeds*.

But luckily this hobby does concern looks and appearances to an extent.

Which is why I dislike everything you make. It's all horrifically shoddily made without ANY attempt to look anything more than the hastily cobbled-together projects of a 16 year old who can't tell one end of a hacksaw blade from the other and thinks that a set-square is something you use to stick bathroom tiles to a wall. Who thinks that aesthetics are a type of painkiller.

Who thinks that posting rubbishy photos of random stages of your 'work' without any explanations of how you did any of it is what the projects section is.

Seriously. At least use a ruler and right angles. It'd improve your work immensely. I'd like to like your work, Typewriter, but you seem stubbornly adamant in your refusal to improve your craftmanship. It's not like I'm suggesting a lot.

*This actually sounds Pretty cool, I might go and make one. Suffice to say if I do, I'll be making a new thread explaining how I make it. And I'll use rulers and set squares.

The heat shield is 50% complete, here's a pic:

3ch.jpg

And the other side:

3cL.jpg

Things to do with this one:

1. I have to warp the sides to correct angle from the red-marked line (MS-Paint hero I am).

2. Drill holes to the top were two screws go trough attaching the hole thing to the barrel

3. I have not painted it yet, the other side of the sheet metal was already black. It totally needs a flat black surface, so I'm gonna paint it before setting it to the place.

-----------

The barrel has been fixed, now it's on the line. Remember, Benelli M3 shotgun has barrel thicker were it starts going thinner where it ends. This is a mind*uck. :D

More on later...

It is interesting build, but i have to agree with alot of what Darlite says.

Use some rulers, set squares, get some solid right angles and folds.

If not then your going to end up it looking crooked and bizzarre and thus not looking good.

I had a thought on the drum mag aswell, if you had a drum on it wouldn't it become difficult to pull the shotty trigger?

Maybe have the drum mag 'lower down' so you can get 2 fingers to pull the trigger.

I like the 'Super Brick' Idea Darklite, sounds interesting and odd!

Not Arnie but one of the guys had a 203 on the MP5, one of them also had a 203 under a 6 round revolving grenade launcher!

I like the 'Super Brick' Idea Darklite, sounds interesting and odd!

I'll be putting up a new thread about it later, I don't want to hijack this one. Concepts are sketched.

Anyhoo, back on topic: Typewriter, bend that heatshield PROPERLY. As in, supported, with a STRAIGHT edge. Or it'll look even worse than it already does*.

*Unlikely this is possible, I'll admit.

Not Arnie but one of the guys had a 203 on the MP5, one of them also had a 203 under a 6 round revolving grenade launcher!

You do realise It's project jericho named after his character, he uses it quite a bit iirc, and the pictures on imfdb agree ;)

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/End_of_Days..._.26_Koch_MP5A3

Fix the problems I have highlighted, and that everyone has pointed out- doesnt matter if you think it shoots straight, it wont look like it does; cant make a semi-realistic looking gun that has a bent barrel (or two for that matter). People will laugh at you and your gun... oh, wait....

Just trying to help you man, trying to encourage you to take more time over your work & improve your project/threads so that people will take you seriously as a builder/ customiser; if you do good work, people might want you to do work for them = $$$. Concider that...

I never get the masterkey projects, unless it's actually a shell fed shotgun attached. The shotgun just seems too much of a hassle to use if it's only single shot. If it's triple shot, then it'll be too hard to cock and handle properly.

I personally prefer the idea of a reversed masterkey, an AEG attached the a shotgun. the gearbox will be both the trigger for the aeg, and a front grip for the shotgun.

Needless to say it's a project in works for me, and I'll refrain from hijacking the thread.

I never get the masterkey projects, unless it's actually a shell fed shotgun attached. The shotgun just seems too much of a hassle to use if it's only single shot. If it's triple shot, then it'll be too hard to cock and handle properly.

I personally prefer the idea of a reversed masterkey, an AEG attached the a shotgun. the gearbox will be both the trigger for the aeg, and a front grip for the shotgun.

Needless to say it's a project in works for me, and I'll refrain from hijacking the thread.

airsoft mossberg M500s are perfect, the gas ones i mean. easy pump and 3 or 5 bbs per shot.

Except they weigh as much as a bag of bricks. Masterkeys aren't really meant for shooting at people (hence the same sake) but can be if but only for point blank range as they're normally loaded with frangible munition. For airsoft, it's mostly for looks because your half dozen hicaps will most likely never run out of ammo and require the use of the shotgun. And if you're doing it just for looks, it better look right (straight) at the very least.

Except they weigh as much as a bag of bricks. Masterkeys aren't really meant for shooting at people (hence the same sake) but can be if but only for point blank range as they're normally loaded with frangible munition. For airsoft, it's mostly for looks because your half dozen hicaps will most likely never run out of ammo and require the use of the shotgun. And if you're doing it just for looks, it better look right (straight) at the very least.

Do you have any idea what kind of damage a hatton/door breaching round does? Without going into terminal balistics, its not pretty.

But yes, the masterkey was primaraly intended to breach doors, however it has also found use loaded with normal buckshot so that you dont overpenetrate with the 5.56 its attached to. plus, shotguns at close range is an end to a firefight ;).

(I wonder if you can tell i like shotties by this post :rolleyes: )

Do you have any idea what kind of damage a hatton/door breaching round does? Without going into terminal balistics, its not pretty.

But yes, the masterkey was primaraly intended to breach doors, however it has also found use loaded with normal buckshot so that you dont overpenetrate with the 5.56 its attached to. plus, shotguns at close range is an end to a firefight ;) .

(I wonder if you can tell i like shotties by this post :rolleyes: )

Shotguns are the most versatile weapons in the world, for the simple fact there's an absolute bucket load of ammunition around for them, and if you know how to use it correctly you can do some serious damage with it.. you can go from 00 buck for up-close, to a solid slug round for 150metre+ shots in a matter of seconds..

*Is also a shotgun fanboy*

Shotguns are the most versatile weapons in the world, for the simple fact there's an absolute bucket load of ammunition around for them, and if you know how to use it correctly you can do some serious damage with it.. you can go from 00 buck for up-close, to a solid slug round for 150metre+ shots in a matter of seconds..

*Is also a shotgun fanboy*

I find myself in complete agreement with that well constructed, informative parragraph. ;)

I guess, I, is also, a shotgun fanboy.

Greg.

But with a limited capacity you wont last in a prolonged firefight.

Hence the rifle / shotgun combo may be heavy but is a good one, giving you a bit of range when you need it and a bit of spread when up close.

But there is only one other disadvantage i can see in the shotgun and that is collateral damage, you don't have the control over the spread of your shots like you do with a solid projectile firearm. Not much of a difference in airsoft but can be a bugger in the real world if you only have buckshot loaded.

'FireKnife'

But with a limited capacity you wont last in a prolonged firefight.

Hence the rifle / shotgun combo may be heavy but is a good one, giving you a bit of range when you need it and a bit of spread when up close.

But there is only one other disadvantage i can see in the shotgun and that is collateral damage, you don't have the control over the spread of your shots like you do with a solid projectile firearm. Not much of a difference in airsoft but can be a bugger in the real world if you only have buckshot loaded.

'FireKnife'

You would be surprised just how controllable and predictable a shotguns spread pattern actually is.

Unlike what some people may think a shotgun on buckshot doesent just go *BLART!!* and spray pellets EVERYWHERE in the general frontwards direction, but you'll maintain quite a tight grouping well out to 50-60m, beyond that the buckshot wouldnt do much damage regardless.

Also buckshot is easily stopped by "Peripherals" such as walls etc, so in a CQB situation its far safer than firing 5.56mm FMJ's or even hollowpoints through ordinary household walls :P

As for ammo, well, honestly, if i can carry five in the gun(Six max capacity on my shotgun), six on the stock, and six on a receiver shell clip, then there's more than enough ammo, at quick reach too :P

Remember one 5.56mm or even 9mm round may not drop somebody but if you hit them with a 12 guage slug or even 00 buck they're down and staying that way

Snip

Well i understand that you can get tight groupings, but a single solid projectile over a concentrated shower means it will naturally not be as controllable. Close but never the same.

It is understandable that it is useful compared to firing a wall penetratable round like a 5.56 and if hit with most of the shot the target will be dropped but i would always prefer a .40 or .45 SMG in that situation. I do like shotguns but would feel safer with something solid shot.

But i must admit a gas M500 shorty wouldn't go a miss for me.

'FireKnife'

I'm a HUGE shotgun fanboy myself. One main thing about shotguns make them cooler than most of the other firearm-types made by man: shotguns are the only ones designed for sporting/hunting purposes, not warfare. Shotguns are the John Wayne of guns! And thus they are very handsome and have the state of the badass art -look on them. SPAS-12 / AA-12 / Striker Protecta are just the materialized awesomeness.

But back in the business, here's a pic of the gun for what it looks now. Lot's of small things and finishing touches are yet to be made, but you can figure out what it will look when it's ready:

nOw.jpg

P.S. Those ultimate-sexy boots on the background are my comic-props ( I draw comics and sometimes animations, see more on here: http://resuomeksi.createphpbb.com/tarinanu...unta-t1719.html ).

Archived