MP5 Centurion

Typewriter

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to raise the back of the heat sheild up, try using a level bubble (if you have an iphone/itouch theres a free app for it) that will ensure your heatshield is in the right place.

Could we see a some more detailed pictures?

- A view from the side - butt stock to end of barrel

- a veiw from the end of the barrel looking down toward the buttstock

- a birds eye view of the top

Those pictures will tell us how straight it actually is.

Also it does not matter if your BBs are shooting straight that just means your barrel is staight, not the body work.

Looks good though.

could just be the camera angle, but it certainly does look pished.

IMO a G3 would have been a more suitable base. the mag would look more in proportion, the long barrel would already be present (and definitely straight and sturdy) and the general aesthetics would remain similar.

its not that your work is bad its that you wont improve it or plan it out.

Ive done alot of custom projects myself half of them are total *suitcase* because they had no planning, R&D or real work put into them just parts thrown together out of a box then covering them in bondo.

I learnt from my mistakes now if im going to make somthing, anything i put it into my projects note book then work out external designs, internal designs and i all ways right down how i think it should work.

If you look in the projects thread youll see a thread by me where i tried to build a stanag P90. However because i put very little R&D into it and it turned from a stanag P90, to a P90 with an M11 inside neither of which worked because i didnt plan it. However ive recently been working on it again (on paper) and worked out how i can actually do it this time.

I do like this design of the MP5 w/master key, if you gave us the picture angles i said then we could deffinatley see how well youve done this one. At the minute it doesnt look right, somthing about the heat sheild is off. Also i think that the 'struts' holding the shotgun to the handguard arnt at a right angle.

I can see your deffinatley learning as time goes on (im sorry but some of your previous projects where horrific to say the least) but if your going to create a thread about your projects then you must accept input from the rest of the forum both criticizing and praising your work.

Not liking someone's work doesn't give you a free pass to antagonize them. If you're going to offer criticism, make it constructive.

The next poster who brings a bad attitude into this thread is getting suspended.

^Noted :) . Do need some better shots, like from directly sideways and above, and head on.

Okay, constructive criticism of things that need correcting prior to completion:-

The shotty definately isnt aligned properly,- this is because its clamped tightly against the forend of the mp5 that is sloped upwards- the front brace needs to be longer in order for the shotgun to remain level/ on a parallel plane to the mp5 barrel.

The outer barrel is still pointed upwards vs the mp5 barrel, and as a result the heatsheild is too.

The shotgun braces arent vertical or parrallel.

The foresight of the mp5 should be removed and a new one located on the tip of the new outer barrel, though at present that would mean shots strike well-low compared to where you are aiming ( front site would be too high vs actual inner barrel alignment ).

On another note, is it just me or does it look a bit like a cross between an MG and a G3?

Kinda like kitbashing.... :)

The foresight of the mp5 should be removed and a new one located on the tip of the new outer barrel, though at present that would mean shots strike well-low compared to where you are aiming ( front site would be too high vs actual inner barrel alignment ).

On another note, is it just me or does it look a bit like a cross between an MG and a G3?

I quite like the Mp5 sights where they are. Maybe removing both and adding a reflex/red dot? Could look cool, on a rail obvs.

I see what you mean! Remindes me of a Sun Project M16's baby! lol

Thing is it is pointless just saying pointless rubbish that in now way helps, yer im sure some of you are fed up but still leave the kid alone just tryna build a new gun, even if its bad (i like this one though!)

Problem is it looks far too much like a bad "boy racer" car, as in you can see exactly where the original ends, and the new thing begins. Currently along the lines of inserting a MP5 in the rear of a..... box of metal?

Anyway, with some blending (and I've corrected the barrel angle some what) I think this (badly mocked up in paintshop!) would be an improvement....

- Stubby MP5 mag

- Move front sight to.... the front ;)

- Extend over cocking tube

- Merge with magwell

mp5shotgun.jpg

Against the original...

mp5shotgun1.jpg

Still a very weird gun. lol!

I like what jagillham has done with his mock-up in pain, it would vastly improve your MP5 design. I love your custom guns but my only complaint with this one is that the M16 type handguard looks a little out of place, a while back ago Guarder did an HK91 outer barrel so if you did that with the Masterykey it would look a lot better. BTW, H&K called to say your doing great work ;).

Archived