Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

Thanks alot! You just helped my SR-15 project by leaps and bounds!

Now to get $800...

Could you tell me how hard it is to install? I am starting with a G&P as my base rifle. But it has a Crane battery stock, so yeah, I'm not sure if it will work.

Edited by Sarge133
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its fine... Great thing about it is it has all the channels needed for crane stocks pre-cut! The biggest issue I had (using a TM GB shell) was that the trigger pin and the body pins didn't align at first, but then I tightened the grip in more and they did better..... Also the the trigger pin needed some force..... The magwell is uber tight, but they do this on purpose, so you can get the perfect fit(by sanding down until you have a perfect sit with our mags of choice) My Buffer tube, Miad(which usually has mounting porbs with G&P bodys ;)) G&P RIS and all that went on without a hitch.... The only actual problem with it is that the way the selector interfaces ith the selector plate is bad.... Semi doesn't work (I am using a prometheus selector plate anda hurricane steel selector).... Going to try and fix that today.... I thing it might be because I am using a prometheus selector..... All in all I Would HIGHLY reccomend it.... Its a very easy install compared to other ones, because the instruction mannual is very good with pictures..... IT is also the QD type so its easy.... No dremeling either.... so yeah.....

Thats is a really nice rifle. My only critique is to shorten up the gas tueb, the gas block way out on the barrel looks funky.

Vercingetorix-hi, I had the same suggestion too. I actually took my fake gas tube out and hack-sawed it to make the gas block closer to the end of my mid-length RAS. Good luck.

Thanks... I will be getting rid of the barrels (this PDI barrel absolutely sucks! as does the G&P foregrip) and the RAS.... ONly thing that'll stay is the GAs tueb and block (well the gas tube is kinda almost permanently attached to the block :( the pin was to pig.... I am getting a G&P SR-15 front set to complete the rifle's look... I'd get a R-S URX, but they need some seriously expensive tools to mount ... $300 for a Wrench? I'll pass <_<

Thanks... I will be getting rid of the barrels (this PDI barrel absolutely sucks! as does the G&P foregrip) and the RAS.... ONly thing that'll stay is the GAs tueb and block (well the gas tube is kinda almost permanently attached to the block :( the pin was to pig.... I am getting a G&P SR-15 front set to complete the rifle's look... I'd get a R-S URX, but they need some seriously expensive tools to mount ... $300 for a Wrench? I'll pass <_<

Your other option would be to talk one of KAC's authorized installers into doing it for you. Eek.

I imagine G&Ps wrench might work well enough for an airsoft application though.

Being a left handed shooter, I love that SR-15 body. I wish some company would make a Stag Arms replica lefty metal body. Left handed ejection port and all.

http://lja-ar15.com/sitebuildercontent/sit..._model2lbig.gif

a few comments and a question. Love2shoot, your SR-16 is awesome. I love the long suppresser and 20 round mags. I was thinking about doing a similar project myself except with an EOTech rather than a rifle scope.

Speaking of which, (and this is a general question for anyone who knows) Does the standard M16/M4 sight get in the way while aiming down an EOTech mounted directly to a flat top receiver?

Sans the trades as well.

there's no pleasing some of you guys. :D j/k

Shriven- It's just a Barska 1.25-4.5x scope. Google "Barska 1.25" and you'll find it. Vector Optics sells an illuminated reticle scope that looks similar as well. You can find them on ebay for ~$109. The hottest short-dot look-alike right now is the Millett DMS-1, but they're a little over $200.

Joe- I'd put a jpoint or docter on it if I could find a replica of the mount. I really don't want to pay real-steal money for it, but I might wind up doing it anyway.

Thanks for the comments, guys

Edited by LawVol
there's no pleasing some of you guys. :D j/k

Shriven- It's just a Barska 1.25-4.5x scope. Google "Barska 1.25" and you'll find it. Vector Optics sells an illuminated reticle scope that looks similar as well. You can find them on ebay for ~$109. The hottest short-dot look-alike right now is the Millett DMS-1, but they're a little over $200.

Joe- I'd put a jpoint or docter on it if I could find a replica of the mount. I really don't want to pay real-steal money for it, but I might wind up doing it anyway.

Thanks for the comments, guys

Well, I was thinking about it this morning, it's not about pleasing people, if you post an AEG in a Knight's Armament Rifles thread it would help if it at least had Knight's Armament trades, otherwise I could just post my Colt or Armalite trademarked M4 and say "hey everyone, look at my KAC SR-16!"

As to the jpoint/docter mount, I haven't seen anyone make a replica of it though there are a number of options for scope rings that come with rails, the least intrusive and cheapest being made by Samurai.

Well, I was thinking about it this morning, it's not about pleasing people, if you post an AEG in a Knight's Armament Rifles thread it would help if it at least had Knight's Armament trades, otherwise I could just post my Colt or Armalite trademarked M4 and say "hey everyone, look at my KAC SR-16!"

As to the jpoint/docter mount, I haven't seen anyone make a replica of it though there are a number of options for scope rings that come with rails, the least intrusive and cheapest being made by Samurai.

But no one else (in real steel) makes a 7.62 AR variant with that receiver layout (DPMS uses a similar mag, but the receiver looks different), and Knight's is the only one that makes the URX system. I can understand when having a 5.56 AR variant, but this one really is a Knight's rifle.

LawVol, I think you're just going to have to bite the bullet and buy the real JPoint mount if you want it. Or maybe buy the chinese ACOG docter mount and mate it to half of a scope ring....that might work.

But no one else (in real steel) makes a 7.62 AR variant with that receiver layout (DPMS uses a similar mag, but the receiver looks different), and Knight's is the only one that makes the URX system. I can understand when having a 5.56 AR variant, but this one really is a Knight's rifle.

LawVol, I think you're just going to have to bite the bullet and buy the real JPoint mount if you want it. Or maybe buy the chinese ACOG docter mount and mate it to half of a scope ring....that might work.

That's a fair point, while there are a number of AR-10 receivers that look similar to the Knight's version in real steel none of them look exactly like it, and indeed in airsoft the only form available is that of the SR-25. While I personally find the notion odious I'll leave it be, file it away as the equivalent of a painted AEG, and move on.

I would also second the chinese ACOG mount jury rig, it might work, and all you'd need is the mount knockoff and the top half of a scope ring.

Its in the midst of an m150 upgrade, but the externals are finished:

real SR-25 Battle Rifle:

Airsoft... or is it? :P

Thats EXACTLY what I plan to build! But I cant help but wonder isnt the barrel length on the real SR25 Carbine 16 inches while the most airsoft "SR25K's" have a standard M4 length barrel.

I basically have the same exact build as Lawvol's on my sr25 except with an emod stock on it. I've been looking for a good silencer meant for 7.62's but I can't find any. Anyone know of any and where I can buy it? I was really hoping vfc would release the blackout silencer that came with their scar-h, but it seems like it won't be coming out any time soon...

I basically have the same exact build as Lawvol's on my sr25 except with an emod stock on it. I've been looking for a good silencer meant for 7.62's but I can't find any. Anyone know of any and where I can buy it? I was really hoping vfc would release the blackout silencer that came with their scar-h, but it seems like it won't be coming out any time soon...

Off the top of my head the simplest solution for a 7.62 silencer would be one of the QD setups VFC or King Arms made for the M14, as for where you can buy it, I'm sure WGC, UNco, or Dentrinity would have them listed, though I can't tell you if they are in stock or not, the item code for UNcompany for the King Arms version is KA-SIL-27A. That being said, trademarks will be an issue as, at least with the King Arms version, it has trades saying it's for an M14.

Edited by birchm

yeah, I've seen those m14 silencers around, but they're a bit too long for my tastes. Something more around the 200mm length is about right. All the one's I've found either are too long or have the wrong trademarks. There are those G&P ones that come with SPR flash hiders, but I think the flash hider would ruin the look of the gun. Those G&P ones styled after socom silencers also don't fit my tastes. Maybe I'm just being too picky?

EDIT: another thing that'll make things harder is that I prefer qd silencers :rolleyes:

Edited by midnight_sailor