Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

Well heres my tm based SR-16 well its not realy a sr 16 anymore

Hurricane sr-16 metal body

Vltor flip up sight

Dboys sir system

552 Eotech

Systema mechbox

Dont know the makers of the stuff inside my gun but its going stron still after 4 years even on a lipo ;]

1003003kv3.jpg

1003006ms2.jpg

1003008qc0.jpg:)

Hope you guys like it

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Another one jumping on the A&K SR-25 bandwagon

PICT0199.jpg

It wont stay like that for long as I have plans

projecea.jpg

:D

They make VIS's for AR-10s?! I have never seen that before... Or is that the result of photoshoping? I can't wait for CA to release their armalite traded AR-10... Then I can make a proper Leonidas... Just need to get one of mad bull's SWS Noveke rails and Miad, vltor stock and sand a barrel so its silver, and you got a good recplica.....

Edited by Vercingetorix
They make VIS's for AR-10s?! I have never seen that before... Or is that the result of photoshoping? I can't wait for CA to release their armalite traded AR-10... Then I can make a proper Leonidas... Just need to get one of mad bull's SWS Noveke rails and Miad, vltor stock and sand a barrel so its silver, and you got a good recplica.....

Its a photoshop. I stuck a Noveske Diplomat front end onto a Leonidas. If you look at the front pin you can see the slight colour difference.

I just have to wait for madbull to make their planned 7.25" Noveske ris and I'll be sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

243i993.jpg

Didn't go over too well on the Armalite picture thread, but maybe you guys will like this more. A SAM-R replica except with a KAC rifle length URX II. Hopefully this qualifies. The front sight is technically KAC as well but is a knock off from G&P.

Edited by slu
DAMN! Real urx? What tools did you need to do the install? I wanted to get a real one, but $300 for a wrench that is a must to install is crazytalk.....

I didn't spring for the KAC tools, their insane price is really to prevent people other than dealers from buying them. You'd have to be installing a lot of URXs for money to make purchasing a set worthwhile.

Luckily, G&P makes the tools for installing their URX-based front end kits, and they work fine for the real deal, since G&P URX clones directly copy the attachment methodology. The set comes with a wrench (that has handles, so you don't need an armorer's wrench as you do with the actual KAC wrench) and a small railgrabber that allows you to align the upper receiver and the rail (which isn't nearly as robust as the KAC one). Regardless, it does the job fine for airsoft purposes.

However, if you are springing for the rifle-length URX, make sure you get the "XM-110 installation tool," not the plain-jane "URX installation tool". The "URX installation tool" is too short to install the rifle-length URX (and maybe even the midlength one). They both cost around $50 plus shipping.

What was painful was that, when I did this earlier this summer, I didn't realize the "URX installation tool" wasn't long enough (at that time G&P didn't have the "XM-110 tool"), so I actually had someone weld on a 4" extension to the tube. It worked fine though, as you can see. The installation is really a breeze once you have the wrench.

YES! I had thought they would be compatible, but I didn't know for sure, so I held off from buying one.... Do you have a link for the xM110 tool? I am going for the Integrated sight Midlength one (as featured on the KAC SR-15 IWS that mine gun is built to replicate). Now I just need to speak with Op Parts about getting them to get one for me.... Thanks man! You answered a question I have had for months! Also, did you have to rethread the upreciever? (what metal body are you using?)

YES! I had thought they would be compatible, but I didn't know for sure, so I held off from buying one.... Do you have a link for the xM110 tool? I am going for the Integrated sight Midlength one (as featured on the KAC SR-15 IWS that mine gun is built to replicate). Now I just need to speak with Op Parts about getting them to get one for me.... Thanks man! You answered a question I have had for months! Also, did you have to rethread the upreciever? (what metal body are you using?)

Glad I could help someone out. I was also worried when I got it, and having found no one before me, decided for once to be the guinea pig.

Here is a link to the XM110 Tool on UN.

It's compatible with any receiver with a "real steel" thread. Mine is King Arms. It attached with some elbow grease, didn't damage the threads at all.

OpParts is also the place I got mine from, by coincidence. I didn't realize they had the IWS URXs (so called "URX III"), keeping in mind the XM110 rails/rails designed for SR25s probably will not work on any airsoft receiver, since all airsoft receivers have an AR-15 receiver thread. They are really great people. An IWS setup on a GBB M4 would be friggin incredible.

Thanks for all the help man! Yeah, I was going to ask them to get one in for me :) They can source harder to find parts apparently, so I'll get em to get the URX 3 Carbine/Midlength for me... My reciever is HurricanE, and I think its the same threading as King Arms, because both copy the Marui threads.... HEHEEHE I know what I am getting if Haynes doesn't make his GB......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good news, I'll soon be able to post pictures of my G&P URX-based urban sniper, pending paintjob, so cross your fingers that I'll find the time to finish it this week! There's been a shortage of URX love in this thread as far as I'm concerned, so I'll be happy to provide it. :)

looks like you sold your URX vic? :) I was actually gonna take a look at it, but noticed it's vanished. :P

And I won't lie, I absolutely loathe those grippods.

I have yet to see them on something where the overall look and ergonomics seem to match the rest of the gun, and the fact that their sprouting up on sr-25's all over makes it worse still. Their such sleek slender guns, and they keep getting ruined by that^^^.

but hey, that's just my opinion. :P