Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually talked to Travis Haley about this issue, and he said that they don't run the KAC lowers, but the easiest solution was to cut the wings off. They sent me 2 ASAPs to slice up, so I'll do that modification today.

In fact if you look at Costa's gun he's using the prototype for this very same reason.

Get a PEQ-15 for it yet?

I don't think Peq-15's can be legally sold to civies by licensed dealers. Usually a handful get out via second hand by police departments. The loophole is, it's legal to possess, but a registered dealer can't sell to you. ;)

Edited by Whan

If you're talking about the Red dot, yes, it's an Aimpoint T-1 clone from Dragonredairsoft. I actually posted a review on it. If you're talking about the front BUIS, it's an integrated flip up sight built into the rail itself.

Surprisingly the real flip up BUIS is a little umm...odd. It's not bad, but not great either.

I found today under rapid fire the two screws that hold the URX lower rail in almost fell out of the gun. Some red-loctite fixed that quick.

Surprisingly the real flip up BUIS is a little umm...odd. It's not bad, but not great either.

I found today under rapid fire the two screws that hold the URX lower rail in almost fell out of the gun. Some red-loctite fixed that quick.

.... on a firearm? If you're talking about the screws on the side, don't think that'd ever happen in airsoft. Remember, this is an airsoft forum, and people might get scared.

Edited by slu
.... on a firearm? If you're talking about the screws on the side, don't think that'd ever happen in airsoft. Remember, this is an airsoft forum, and people might get scared.

In the Page before this he posted a picture of his REAL Knights rifle and the cause of rapid fire from a 5.56 Caused the screws to fall out due to the Recoil of the rifle.

I didn't pay 2800, not anywhere that high. From what Kevin Boland @ KAC told me when setting up my return today, was that a few dozen rifles slipped out with really bad quality control.

They're going to just replace the whole rifle most likely. Also I just got done grinding down the ASAP to work:

ASAP_cut_01.jpg

ASAP_cut_02.jpg

I'm having it sandblasted and parkerized this week. End result should look factory new.