Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you explain how you would go about removing the laser engraving? I agree that they are hideous and innacurrate.

Alumahyde black?

While spary paint will cover up the trades, you may still be able to see the engraving below the paint. I would sand it down first, going from 220 grit, to 400, to 600, to 1200 grit sandpaper. Then paint the receiver using Brownells ALUMA-HYDE II. While "Matte Black" may be the obvious color choice, you may also want to consider their "Dark Gray Parkerizing" color. Also, make sure you follow their directions as seen on YouTube to the letter. Doing so will guarantee you a nice strong permanent finish.

While spary paint will cover up the trades, you may still be able to see the engraving below the paint. I would sand it down first, going from 220 grit, to 400, to 600, to 1200 grit sandpaper. Then paint the receiver using Brownells ALUMA-HYDE II. While "Matte Black" may be the obvious color choice, you may also want to consider their "Dark Gray Parkerizing" color. Also, make sure you follow their directions as seen on YouTube to the letter. Doing so will guarantee you a nice strong permanent finish.

And if your willing to use an oven than consider...............AEROSOL BAKING LACQUER!!! It is also on their website.

And http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/Pro...%20GUN%20FINISH

Gun Kote

PREP IS KEY :)

Edited by fiddlesticks4220
And if your willing to use an oven than consider...............AEROSOL BAKING LACQUER!!! It is also on their website.

And http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/Pro...%20GUN%20FINISH

Gun Kote

PREP IS KEY :)

Just try using Tamiya aircraft model spray paint in tan and dark earth-its cheaper and less work to do. I find the texture better than just regular Krlon or Rustoleum but they're ok too. And if the paint job ever gets worn it's better that way because your rifle will look more realistic.

@ Titleist: nice "stuff" there.

Great Knights rifles all!

Edited by Hispeed1

Luis, One of those PEQs has to go on another gun

Yours? The AN/PEQ-2a is for sale. :D

-Luis

I think he means you dont need two PEQs on one gun.

Also isnt that a Colt rifle and not a KAC one? I dont know about anyone else but I'm getting a bit fed up of coming onto this thread hoping to see a nice KAC rifle and seeing some random M4 that just happens to have KAC flip up sights on it.

luvs2shoot nice work with the pics. I actually thought it was a KAC promo pic at first.

I think I'm going to have to get myself a PDW at some point. I know its sacrilege but will they take standard M4 mags?

I think he means you dont need two PEQs on one gun.

Also isnt that a Colt rifle and not a KAC one? I dont know about anyone else but I'm getting a bit fed up of coming onto this thread hoping to see a nice KAC rifle and seeing some random M4 that just happens to have KAC flip up sights on it.

luvs2shoot nice work with the pics. I actually thought it was a KAC promo pic at first.

I think I'm going to have to get myself a PDW at some point. I know its sacrilege but will they take standard M4 mags?

? Did you catch the /other part of the thread title?

Post pictures of your Knight's Armament stuff. Rifles, rails, silencers, body kits, etc.

No, other as in read the first post that pertains to specifics in what is intended to be posted in this thread. "Rifles, rails, silencers, body kits, etc"

securedownload32.jpg w640.png

Edited by fiddlesticks4220

VFC SR15/16 Owners, I am need of your assitance:

Is anyone willing to pop out their gearbox and snap me some pics of the inside of the upper and lower? I am sort of tempted to try to fit a different body on one (I am expecting HEAVY modifications), but I still want so see what it looks like before I jump in.

Thanks, OGGY

KAC BBs? :lol: Where's the gun?

Where'd ya get those BIOVAls from RWS? I want to compare their .25s to my Excel .25s.....

I got them from Nashville Airsoft, though they are also available at AEX. I took the photo to show them that I had received the BBs and to use it to wag in the face of my smaller forum I frequent. I have the picture of the whole gun in the Magpul thread and the KAC trades+Bioval BBs(they steal souls) in here.