Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great Hwagan!

Might wanna color the mock bolt though as it stands out quite a bit. You don't use a VFG?

Thanks man, much appreciated :) Not bad for less than £200! I was thinking of painting the bolt, but during a game it's covered anyway, and i have a fondness for shiney things... It's getting fairly rusty though, so i should really get round to it.

As for the VFG, i do use one during games, but i left it out of the picture as i like the looks of the 4 covered rails... kinda makes it look a little 'SD'ish with the silencer IMO. Can't imagine actually using it without a VFG though, i don't buy a weapon without a lower rail anymore just for that reason!

Thanks man, much appreciated :) Not bad for less than £200! I was thinking of painting the bolt, but during a game it's covered anyway, and i have a fondness for shiney things... It's getting fairly rusty though, so i should really get round to it.

As for the VFG, i do use one during games, but i left it out of the picture as i like the looks of the 4 covered rails... kinda makes it look a little 'SD'ish with the silencer IMO. Can't imagine actually using it without a VFG though, i don't buy a weapon without a lower rail anymore just for that reason!

I can't stand not using a VFG either, its just so... un-natural to me.

@ Hwagan: I like your tanto-tipped Kbar. I love tanto tipped knives. What would you say to switching to a collapsible stock for your M4 CQBR RAS II?

Cheers, i love the thing meself - Although it's only use so far has been gardening, and throwing at an old door in the garage when i'm particularly bored...

I did originally have the crane stock fitted on the M4, but the wires get trapped all the damn time, and i'm not really keen on the look of it - And i've just bought meself a G&P M733 - The M4 is my 'sit around and hose' gun, and the M733 is my 'charge around like a looney' one :)

Noticed some interesting changes VFC did to their SR15E3's vs. their SR16E3's. The VFC SR16E3 I have can accept a BAD lever. The VFC SR15E3's I have cannot accept a BAD lever because they thickened up the ping pong / bolt release button. <_< Great ... *sigh*

On another note, I compared my VFC KAC style TTB that came with my VFC KAC PDW to my real KAC TTB. They got it close but not quite:

ttbcomparison01.jpg

ttbcomparison02.jpg

ttbcomparison03.jpg

Obviously, there's the chrome vs. black finish. But other differences to note are:

• the suppressor lock is facing the opposite direction on the KAC TTB

• the VFC TTB's exhaust holes don't go all the way through

• the RS TTB's corkscrew grooves are wider and fewer

• the RS TTB is scaled in it's length slightly shorter from the first collar back so that it's about 1mm shorter than the VFC.

Thought you guys might be interested to see.

Here's some photographic reference (it is ONLY for reference, so please don't ask me for discussion as I'm trying to provide as much real world insight as I can without breaking the rules). This is relevant to USCM's post and would help you guys out if you're interested in replicating how the real triple taps weather.

I have one of these on my M4 and, after seeing yours, my plan was to remove the paint, polish it up and then use a blowlamp to blacken the muzzle a bit then spray a layer of laquer on it.

Lot of effort but it should look nice.

So before anyone runs out to chrome their triple taps, the next run will use a nickle bonded finish. So it'll be gray/brown (almost all the real ones are spoken for) and the silver ones will be the initial first run only.

There's really no advantage to either coating, as with use the new ones turn dirty gray from use, and the silver ones turn dirty gray from use. Even Trey Knight was saying "six half dozen or the other".

But at least it means you guys don't have to chrome your brakes unless you want to:

IMG_2185.jpg

Nice. Shame they didn't do it on the first run. Guess I'll have to put a lot of rounds through my TTBs. ^_^

To keep rolling with the pics ...

vfckacpdw01.jpg

Added a KAC Aimpoint Mount. Think I'm done with this piece. I *might* swap the KAC rear flip up with my KAC Micro Flip up. But I'm pretty happy with the way it is right now.

Nice. Shame they didn't do it on the first run. Guess I'll have to put a lot of rounds through my TTBs. ^_^

To keep rolling with the pics ...

Added a KAC Aimpoint Mount. Think I'm done with this piece. I *might* swap the KAC rear flip up with my KAC Micro Flip up. But I'm pretty happy with the way it is right now.

Damn! Isn't that pretty much exactly like the one shown at Shot 2009? And how is the KAC Mount vs. Larue, price and functionality wise?

Damn! Isn't that pretty much exactly like the one shown at Shot 2009? And how is the KAC Mount vs. Larue, price and functionality wise?

More expensive than the LaRue. But it lets you configure it between a low mount, mid and a high mount using spacers. It even has a decent throw lever ... which is pretty uncommon for KAC parts. Worth it? Hard to say. But I like it. :)