Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

I'm running a King Arms buffer tube on my SR-16E3. With the stock buffer tube i can run a 1200mAh 7.4v no trouble, just without collapsing the stock right down. Where as i can run 7.4v, MOSFET in the King Arms :)

I'll get some pics up too. I'm using a RS AFG, RS XTMs and a VFC PEQ-15. Used it for the first time on Sunday, it was stunning, literally out-the-box performance :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are those hot power lipos any good? I've been looking for a second battery for my SR15 and since my charger refuses to charge it, maybe a new charger too. Should I just get a KA lipo set?

Also good news for those looking for ambi kits; I've been in talks with KA reps lately and they're highly considering making a bolt catch/ ambi selector switch kit for AEGs for purchase. We're going through talks about it right now.

I sugest u to change your plug in AEG, and go for Deans, and buy this model G&P EP Power 7.4V 1200mAh 15C Lithium Battery (T-Plug

I've got those batteries and they work fine in all my guns. Personally I use 11.1V lipos, but the 7.4V lipos are good backups. Granted I'm not playing at freezing temperatures, but I have yet to have a Lipo fail me (knock on wood). I generally loan out the above batteries to friends who batteries die on them because I know the lower ROF will be more forgiving on their guns.

I used the term Dean Ultra for a reason, as they are the majority used Dean plug in the airsoft application.

Dean Ultra Plug are rated at 40A. While Dean Micro Plug are rated at 12A. They are two model of plugs made by WS Dean and I referred to only one of them.

Edited by Reincarnation...

Hey guys, I finally returned to my original love and bought a VFC SR16E3 IWS. It's awesome, no surprise there. I started bolting on lots and lots of *suitcase*-hot Magpul ###### on all the rails. Pictuars will be coming up soon.

One thing though. I've got a f***ing orange flash-hider on it (the VFC FH came in a plastic bag). And I can't take it off. Since the barrel is CCW, I have to turn CW to take off the FH right? It's really tight I guess and it's all smooth so I can't seem to get a proper hold on it with pliers. *sigh*

Oh, and I also got a small metallic plate with KAC marked on it. I think I have to superglue it over the selector. Which one does it go to? The left one? or the right ambi one?

Thanks.

One thing though. I've got a f***ing orange flash-hider on it (the VFC FH came in a plastic bag). And I can't take it off. Since the barrel is CCW, I have to turn CW to take off the FH right? It's really tight I guess and it's all smooth so I can't seem to get a proper hold on it with pliers. *sigh*

Yes, it's a CCW thread and you're supposed to turn it clockwise to remove it. They probably super glued the plastic flashhider in place. Look and see if they pinned the FH in place too. If they did, the course of action will be more dramatic. If they did NOT pin it: Being entirely smooth gives you little torque-ability. This is what you do: drill a hole through the flashhider going through one side and out the other. The hole should be large enough to fit a good sized philips head screwdriver through. Once you drill the hole insert the philips head screw driver through it and see if you can torque/twist off the flashhider. If it still won't come off, you can try heating it with a hairdryer or heat gun first then twist. If they DID pin the flashhider ... you might have to use a dremel with cutting wheel and carefully destroy the pin and part of the plastic flashhider's surrounding material. Don't cut too far down, once you see the barrel's metal you should stop. Once the pin is removed, torque the flashhider off.

Oh, and I also got a small metallic plate with KAC marked on it. I think I have to superglue it over the selector. Which one does it go to? The left one? or the right ambi one?

It goes on the left. The KAC marking should read right side up when the gun is in safe.

If it isnt pinned just use a pair of pliers or spanning wrench and just break the the plastic one .

Agreed

I had the same problem with my VFC PDW I just got in the mail and I used a pair of vice grips and had a friend hold the barrel extension with a jar top holder (Those little circular rubber pads) That worked pretty well but if definitely takes some oomph to break the glue they have on those flashider threads... <_<

Agreed

I had the same problem with my VFC PDW I just got in the mail and I used a pair of vice grips and had a friend hold the barrel extension with a jar top holder (Those little circular rubber pads) That worked pretty well but if definitely takes some oomph to break the glue they have on those flashider threads... <_<

Strap wrench :P

Thanks everyone for your prompt advice!

To UscmCorps: luckily, it wasn't pinned. However, they used some kind of gooey muck or threadlock. That's why it was such a PITA to remove. I torqued really hard with a wrench and it sloooowly started turning. Once I remover everything, I cleaned the threads with a toothbrush. Everything was fine, nothing damaged! Oh, Thanks for the pointers too concerning the KAC ornamental selector plate. I browsed the thread looking for previous builds and I figured it out.

For those interested, it came from Safara Airsoft (am I allowed to say this? I don't know what's Arnies policy about quoting stores). It seems they do this to all their guns. Anyways, I'm very happy with their service, I ordered monday and got the gun wednesday!

I'll stop my ranting here. I'm gonna field this badboy this saturday for the first time. Reading USCMCorps AAR when he first tried out his 16 incher, my hopes are flying pretty high!

Pics this afternoon, when I'm back from university.